• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2019 Draft

Rate this topic

17 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I am all for being positive, but I have to say that these wins are slapping fans in the face who have accepted the last 3 season of s*** with the hope of that #1 pick.  They are doing anything by winning now other than hurting the fans who put up with the loss after loss after loss. I am hoping for a #1 (#2 at least) as a reward for this season, and the last few. If they "climb" to #6 or #7 and end up picking 10th, then this whole season was for nothing. I am not ok with watching another season of this garbage in hopes (again) for a 1st overall. If they don't get a top 2 this June, they damn well better be a playoff team next season. I am tired of mediocrity, tired of watching garbage hoping for a franchise player. Time is up. Stop the winning this season, it's not needed, it isn't fun, it's not encouraging, it's giving the fans a huge middle finger. The majority don't want to see useless wins, they want the best chance at #1. Period.

What tangible steps would you recommend the team or management take to "stop the useless winning"?  No bulls***, what would you like to see them do to ensure the team loses in the way you obvsiously prefer they do?

9 hours ago, xault said:

It is good to hear people are fairly happy with our current prospect pool of goalies. I honestly wasn't sure how well off it was. My knowledge of such things isn't the best outside of the few name drops like Demko, Samsonov and so on.

They're not like amazing standouts or anything, but they're all playing decently well and still pretty young and there's like 6 of them, so I'm hopeful one can emerge.

8 hours ago, kipwinger said:

What tangible steps would you recommend the team or management take to "stop the useless winning"?  No bulls***, what would you like to see them do to ensure the team loses in the way you obvsiously prefer they do?

What they were doing the last several months before this recent streak.  

Wings surging late now reminds me of the Wayne Fontes Lions.  Lose the first half, make a run, and save Wayne's job.  Too many nights with no effort, too many guys making the same mistakes now that they made at the start of the year.  The team isn't growing nearly enough despite some point totals

6 hours ago, amato said:

Happy to see other people not pointlessly upset over late season wins. I've been so annoyed with much of the fan base, way more so than the team, these past couple seasons... A little excitement is exactly what this team needs. Losing games sucks. Period.

More losing now means less losing later.

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

FIFY

Please see above FIFY action. 

but that's not us as long as holland is in charge and blash is coaching, etc, etc, disgruntled wings fan theory, etc...  

okay real talk though, i do get the point and can't fault the thinking too much I suppose. but, i don't think it's worth getting upset over wins. It's a slow grind, but it does feel like we're heading in the right direction and we're getting a top prospect in this draft no matter what. 

2 hours ago, barabbas16 said:

And Florida

And Arizona

36 minutes ago, amato said:

but that's not us as long as holland is in charge and blash is coaching, etc, etc, disgruntled wings fan theory, etc...  

okay real talk though, i do get the point and can't fault the thinking too much I suppose. but, i don't think it's worth getting upset over wins. It's a slow grind, but it does feel like we're heading in the right direction and we're getting a top prospect in this draft no matter what. 

Yep. Complaining about winning is mindboggling.

On 3/28/2019 at 11:10 AM, kipwinger said:

They could scratch 4-5 key players... but I'm fairly sure that won't happen.

16 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Do you really wanna be "that" team?

After watching the Penguins shamelessly do it twice. I dont wanna see the Wings do it.

Also, the Pens were guaranteed Lemieux when they did it back in the day. Finishing last these days doesn't guarantee s***. For all we know, the 26th place team is going to win the lottery... We need to pass the Rangers and Sabres in the standings!!! 5 games remaining to gain 4 points in the standings... We got this!!!

3 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Do you really wanna be "that" team?

After watching the Penguins shamelessly do it twice. I dont wanna see the Wings do it.

Someone asked what could be done, I wasn't advocating doing it.

91's Monday Mock Draft - Top 10 Edition:

1. New Jersey - Jack Hughes

2. Colorado (Ottawa) - Kappo Kakko

3. Minnesota - Trevor Zegras

4. LA - Dylan Cozens

5. Buffalo - Bowen Byram

6. Detroit - Vasili Podkolzin

7. NYR - Alex Turcotte

8. Anaheim - Mathew Boldy

9. Edmonton - Philip Broberg

10. Vancouver - Arthur Kaliyev

:ninja:

9 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Tankathon Lottery Simulator

Did it like 20 times. We pick 6 or 7 like every time unless we win it all. Maybe @nyqvististhefuture and @TLGTrico were on to something...

I think if you boo the players and curse the organization harder, the lotto odds get better.