• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2019 Draft

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

I want to stress that that top ten is a really good group of players.

At best - we'll draft 1st overall...At worst - we'll draft 7th overall.

And outta curiosity...Anyone know how any of these guys in the top 10 'come off as'  regarding their personality?

Holland really leans towards maturity, and leadership.

Edited by F.Michael

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

You are correct. They have pick 16. I have no idea where I got 10 from.

That's not right either... The highest they will pick is 16. They could pick anywhere between 16-31, depending on how they do in the playoffs.

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

That's not right either... The highest they will pick is 16. They could pick anywhere between 16-31, depending on how they do in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

You are correct. They have pick 16 FOR NOW. I have no idea where I got 10 from.

They will keep it Assuming they lose in the 1st round (which they will).

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Weed?

You're the one from Cali.

Just did tankathon 10 times, and it was 50-50.  5 times we moved up, 2 times we dropped, and twice we stayed at 4.  Of the 3 times we moved up, we got 1st once, 2nd 3 times, and 3rd once.

Edit:  10 more times and again it was 50-50

Edited by TLGTrico

1 hour ago, TLGTrico said:

Just did tankathon 10 times, and it was 50-50.  5 times we moved up, 2 times we dropped, and twice we stayed at 4.  Of the 3 times we moved up, we got 1st once, 2nd 3 times, and 3rd once.

Edit:  10 more times and again it was 50-50

My 10 results...6th - 5th - 1st - 1st - 5th - 6th - 7th - 5th - 6th - 1st.

My 10 on tankathon.

1. COL - 2. NJ  - 5. DET
1. LAK - 2. VAN - 5. DET
1. EDM - 2. BUF - 6. DET :(
1. NYR - 2. ANA - 6. DET
1. EDM - 2. LAK - 3. DET
1. COL - 2. VAN - 6. DET
1. BUF - 2. DET - 3. NYR :)
1. NYR - 2. COL - 5. DET
1. DET - 2. MIN - 3. BUF :)
1. ARI - 2. PHI - 3. DET

ARI jumping 13 spots as well as PHI jumping 8 in the same lottery would be crazy.

If EDM and BUF go 1 - 2 I will forever believe the lottery is truly rigged.

I was happy to see CHI not once make it into the top 10 in any of my sims.

Lots of 5-6 picks for DET makes hurts deep down.

NJ only had 1 sim in the top 3 out of my 10 sims, ouch.

1 hour ago, xault said:

My 10 on tankathon.

1. COL - 2. NJ  - 5. DET
1. LAK - 2. VAN - 5. DET
1. EDM - 2. BUF - 6. DET :(
1. NYR - 2. ANA - 6. DET
1. EDM - 2. LAK - 3. DET
1. COL - 2. VAN - 6. DET
1. BUF - 2. DET - 3. NYR :)
1. NYR - 2. COL - 5. DET
1. DET - 2. MIN - 3. BUF :)
1. ARI - 2. PHI - 3. DET

ARI jumping 13 spots as well as PHI jumping 8 in the same lottery would be crazy.

If EDM and BUF go 1 - 2 I will forever believe the lottery is truly rigged.

I was happy to see CHI not once make it into the top 10 in any of my sims.

Lots of 5-6 picks for DET makes hurts deep down.

NJ only had 1 sim in the top 3 out of my 10 sims, ouch.

Most of my picks are seeing the Wings drop 1 to 2 spots as well :censored:

6 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

They will keep it Assuming they lose in the 1st round (which they will).

You don't think Colorado have a chance against Calgary? I think they do. I hope the Flames sweep them, but wouldn't be surprised if it goes the distance. The Avs may even pull it out.

Wow if the Avs bounce out in first round they would have 3 picks in the top 20 correct?

What a way to stock the cupboard and potentially have some trade flex to get missing pieces.

Maybe we should get their GM he did wear a 19 and played well during the 90s. 

23 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Wow if the Avs bounce out in first round they would have 3 picks in the top 20 correct?

What a way to stock the cupboard and potentially have some trade flex to get missing pieces.

Maybe we should get their GM he did wear a 19 and played well during the 90s. 

No. The Avs only have two first round picks. Ottawa's, which will be 1-4, and their own, which will be 16-31. Sakic has done a decent job in Colorado, but no way he'd go to Detroit, and no way would most Red Wings fans want him. Besides, the other (better) number 19 will be here soon enough...

Not sure how many people have heard of the "Gold" Standings to determine draft position, that has been making it's rounds on social media, but I personally love the idea.

So basically the way it works is teams start accumulating point once they are officially eliminated from the playoffs. So the bottom teams that are eliminated earlier, get a head start on gaining points, but it promotes winning right up until the final game, rather than this "tanking" bulls***.

This is how the draft would go, based on this season's standings...

OTT - 13 GP - 12 PTS - 3rd overall pick
DET - 12 GP - 16 PTS - 1st overall pick
LAK - 10 GP - 13 PTS - 2nd overall pick
NJD - 10 GP - 9 PTS - 4th overall pick
NYR - 8 GP - 7 PTS - 6th overall pick
BUF - 8 GP - 5 PTS - 9th overall pick
FLA - 5 GP - 8 PTS - 5th overall pick
ANA - 4 GP - 6 PTS - 7th overall pick
VAN - 4 GP - 5 PTS - 8th overall pick
PHI - 4 GP - 0 PTS - 15th overall pick
CHI - 3 - GP - 4 PTS - 10th overall pick
EDM - 3 GP - 2 PTS - 12th overall pick
MIN - 2 GP - 0 PTS - 14th overall pick
MTL - 1 GP - 2 PTS - 11th overall pick
ARI - 1 GP - 0 PTS - 13th overall pick

... and no, I'm not just saying I like this model because Detroit would be picking 1st overall. I just hate seeing fans cheer for losses for a percentage in a f***ing lottery... It's stupid.

Edited by krsmith17

32 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Not sure how many people have heard of the "Gold" Standings to determine draft position, that has been making it's rounds on social media, but I personally love the idea.

So basically the way it works is teams start accumulating point once they are officially eliminated from the playoffs. So the bottom teams that are eliminated earlier, get a head start on gaining points, but it promotes winning right up until the final game, rather than this "tanking" bulls***.

... and no, I'm not just saying I like this model because Detroit would be picking 1st overall. I just hate seeing fans cheer for losses for a percentage in a f***ing lottery... It's stupid.

Yep, I've been hoping for this system or something very similar. Maybe instead of determining the actual pick order, it just sets the odds. Even that would be an improvement over the current system, imo.

I guess the counterargument is that we're all about Parity™ now and so we should have a system that tends to reward the very worst teams. We want the worst teams to git gud as quickly as possible; we don't want any organizations spending years and years in the gutter.

The counter-counterargument is, of course, that we have organizations spending years and years in the gutter anyway and at some point they need to fix their s*** on their own, without being handed yet another franchise player.

Edited by Dabura

20 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

"so calm down"... :lol:

It really is too bad that you didn't get the "pleasure" of watching your team lose... :rolleyes:

Not a single person thinks this team is a lock to make the playoffs next season. Certainly not based on a two week stretch. I do think we're headed in the right direction though, and I think we'll see improvement from last season to next. 

You might not believe that but I’ve read comments from wings media ppl acting as if it’s a sure thing 

yes we’re headed in the right away provided we can get some lottery luck this year and Holland can make some moves for some top d prospects , still think we’re a few yrs away 

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

Yep, I've been hoping for this system or something very similar. Maybe instead of determining the actual pick order, it just sets the odds. Even that would be an improvement over the current system, imo.

I guess the counterargument is that we're all about Parity™ now and so we should have a system that tends to reward the very worst teams. We want the worst teams to git gud as quickly as possible; we don't want any organizations spending years and years in the gutter.

The counter-counterargument is, of course, that we have organizations spending years and years in the gutter anyway and at some point they need to f** their s*** on their own, without being handed yet another franchise player.

I say f*** the lottery altogether. If the league has to have a lottery system, have it so no team can move up or down more than a spot or two based on the above model.

I think this would actually benefit those s***ty teams anyway.

The odds of a team playing more games and getting the most / more points to pick 1st overall / top 3 is higher than having an 18.5% / 49.4% chance in a lottery... It also guarantees that the teams that just miss the playoffs on the last few games of the regular season, don't have a chance to pick top 3.

Don't look now Hughes fanboys, but Pronman penned an article for the Athletic (paywall) today on Jack Hughes.  Some of the highlights:

• Hughes is elite
  • But he's not McDavid, McKinnon, or even Kane level elite.
  • He isn't likely a top 10 player in the league.

And would you look at that, he also penned an article on Kakko.  The highlghts:

• Kakko dominated at a higher level than Hughes, against men in Liiga.
  • Some NHL scouts feel Kakko's skill set translates better to the NHL game. 

Where have I heard these arguments before, @Dabura?

Edited by kipwinger

16 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Don't look now Hughes fanboys, but Pronman penned an article for the Athletic (paywall) today on Jack Hughes.  Some of the highlights:

• Hughes is elite

Kewl. But is he still the BPA in this year's draft? If so, what's your point? 

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Kewl. But is he still the BPA in this year's draft? If so, what's your point? 

I'm not sure if he's "best" or not.  Not even sure what that means considering teams need different things and so the best fit for one may not be the best for another.  Except in rare circumstances it's usually worth considering whether the "best" prospect will be the "best" player.  Not a single person said Leon Draisaitl was in the same category as Aaron Ekblad in 2014, but would you trade one for the other now?  Same with Haiskenen, Patrick, and Hischier in 2017. 

If you're unwilling to even consider the possibility that the player you think is "best" really isn't, then you might actually miss out on the real "best" player.  Jack Hughes has been annointed the #1 draft pick for about 3 years now.  Not many people have been honest enough in their evaluations to even ask, "what if he's not".  All I'm saying is that these days it doesn't seem so cut and dry. 

27 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

• Hughes is elite

And would you look at that, he also penned an article on Kakko.  The highlghts:

• Kakko dominated at a higher level than Hughes, against men in Liiga.
  • Some NHL scouts feel Kakko's skill set translates better to the NHL game. 

Where have I heard these arguments before, @Dabura?

literally shaking rn

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

It will get changed right when we become a bubble team and get eliminated the next to last game of the year...LOL

Putting on my tinfoil Bettman is out to get us hat. 

5 hours ago, Dabura said:

The counter-counterargument is, of course, that we have organizations spending years and years in the gutter anyway and at some point they need to fix their s*** on their own, without being handed yet another franchise player.

I disagree. I would love to see the Leafs, Hawks, Pens, and Avs in the gutter for years.