• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2019 Draft

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Is there any current/former NHL'er that Byram would be compared to?

A lot of people liken him to Morgan Rielly. I think that's appropriate, though I might lean more towards Ekman-Larsson. Basically, he projects as a prototypical high-scoring, smooth-skating, minute-munching, top-pairing two-way defenseman. When you look at some other team's studly young top-pairing defenseman and you wish the Wings had a guy like that...that's the kind of player Byram has a good shot at becoming. The only concern is that defensemen are kind of a crapshoot.

https://dobberprospects.com/prospect-deep-dive-bowen-byram/

27 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I will call him Kirk

No. Its stipulated within the CBA that all NHL-players must have a nickname beginning with the players first or last name and ending with either -y/ie or -er. 

Some abbrevations may be allowed(e.g. ”Ovie”)

Edited by Akakabuto

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Hughes, Kakko, Cozens, Dach, Byram...if we end up in top 5, we are looking very good!

Considering the top 5 likely won't go down like that, picking top 6 or maybe even 7, there should be at least one of those players still on the board. 

1 hour ago, Akakabuto said:

No. Its stipulated within the CBA that all NHL-players must have a nickname beginning with the players first or last name and ending with either -y/ie or -er. 

Some abbrevations may be allowed(e.g. ”Ovie”)

Ha ha ha.  Athanasiousies.

Just now, krsmith17 said:

Considering the top 5 likely won't go down like that, picking top 6 or maybe even 7, there should be at least one of those players still on the board. 

How do you know?

31 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

How do you know?

I don't. Which is why I said "likely"...

3 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Anything's possible. But krsmith is right say one of Cozens, Dach, Byram likely will be available at 6 or 7. "Likely" being the key word.

I'd be a little surprised if Dach goes top 5 to be honest.

2 minutes ago, BringBack19 said:

What is everyone’s fascination with Dach? Very underwhelming production given his size advantage amongst his peers. Plus his skating isn’t very strong. 

Ya I don’t want him , it’s pretty disappointing night and I can’t see byram or podkolzin being available at 6 and most likely neither will zegras 

id just consider getting the stud #1 goalie in knight at this point if he’s truly suppose to be a price and lundqvist and a future stud goalie as I’m hearing and get an extra pick , not what I wanted by far but I want a star player with this pick and not a second line guy , we got a bunch of those coming