• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2019 Draft

Rate this topic

Just now, nyqvististhefuture said:

Ya I don’t want him , it’s pretty disappointing night and I can’t see byram or podkolzin being available at 6 and most likely neither will zegras 

id just consider getting the stud #1 goalie in knight at this point if he’s truly suppose to be a price and lundqvist and a future stud goalie as I’m hearing and get an extra pick , not what I wanted by far but I want a star player with this pick and not a second line guy , we got a bunch of those coming 

Sooooooo

1. Hughes
2. Kakko
3. Byram
4. Podkolzin
5. Zegras
6. Cozens

Sign me up

6 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Ya I don’t want him , it’s pretty disappointing night and I can’t see byram or podkolzin being available at 6 and most likely neither will zegras 

id just consider getting the stud #1 goalie in knight at this point if he’s truly suppose to be a price and lundqvist and a future stud goalie as I’m hearing and get an extra pick , not what I wanted by far but I want a star player with this pick and not a second line guy , we got a bunch of those coming 

They hype every top goalie prospect. If he is American he is the next quick, Swede=lundqvist, Canadian- price etc... 

One of Zegras, Turcotte (who I think they will pick), Byram (who I think Chicago will pick), or Cozens will be available. No need to trade back unless it is with Buffalo get both 1st rounders or the same scenario with Anaheim. 

Edited by BringBack19

19 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Sooooooo

1. Hughes
2. Kakko
3. Byram
4. Podkolzin
5. Zegras
6. Cozens

Sign me up

Ya ill pass , rather take the d at that point or the supposed superstar goalie 

17 minutes ago, BringBack19 said:

They hype every top goalie prospect. If he is American he is the next quick, Swede=lundqvist, Canadian- price etc... 

One of Zegras, Turcotte (who I think they will pick), Byram (who I think Chicago will pick), or Cozens will be available. No need to trade back unless it is with Buffalo get both 1st rounders or the same scenario with Anaheim. 

I’m not really excited about any of those  minus zegras who I think will be gone ... hasn’t been talk of goalies going in the first round in many years so there’s reason to believe this kid is legit 

27 minutes ago, BringBack19 said:

What is everyone’s fascination with Dach? Very underwhelming production given his size advantage amongst his peers. Plus his skating isn’t very strong. 

He would be considered a top 10 talent in most drafts, but he'll likely fall around there. I don't see him going top 5. He reminds me of a right-handed Rasmussen to be honest. Big, good in front of the net, not the best skater, great work ethic, leader, etc. Which is why we'll probably end up drafting him... I'm really hoping Cozens or Byram fall to 6...

Just now, krsmith17 said:

He would be considered a top 10 talent in most drafts, but he'll likely fall around there. I don't see him going top 5. He reminds me of a right-handed Rasmussen to be honest. Big, good in front of the net, not the best skater, great work ethic, leader, etc. Which is why we'll probably end up drafting him... I'm really hoping Cozens or Byram fall to 6...

I wasn’t a big fan of him before and now that  you mentioned Rasmussen , if we take dach I’m looking for the nearest bridge 

4 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Ya ill pass , rather take the d at that point or the supposed superstar goalie 

I’m not really excited about any of those  minus zegras who I think will be gone ... hasn’t been talk of goalies going in the first round in many years so there’s reason to believe this kid is legit 

That’s because the bust rate is so high and the difference between Howard and Price is a very small gap. Where as the top center (Crosby/McDavid vs Larkin) or even worse the top 2nd line center vs whoever we slum with is a much wider gap. Analytics has killed goalies value not overall talent being produced. The old hockey sayings about goalies is like talking about putting in golf. The facts run through simulation and analysis of real events state both are extremely overrated.

1 minute ago, BringBack19 said:

That’s because the bust rate is so high and the difference between Howard and Price is a very small gap. Where as the top center (Crosby/McDavid vs Larkin) or even worse the top 2nd line center vs whoever we slum with is a much wider gap. Analytics has killed goalies value not overall talent being produced. The old hockey sayings about goalies is like talking about putting in golf. The facts run through simulation and analysis of real events state both are extremely overrated.

Difference between price and Howard is small?lmao

thats funny

i couldn’t care less about analytic pie chart f***ers , I’m sure the coyotes are loving the strome deal among others they’ve made 

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

You could be right, but I think they want someone NHL ready-ish to help get bounced in the first round of next years playoffs. Turcotte fills that spot. The wings need help down the middle, he is fast which they rightfully put a premium on, his 2 way game is nhl ready, and he is physically mature enough. If it weren’t for them already having Rasbustessen then Dach would probably be the pick. 

Just now, xault said:

Where would Zadina rank in this draft? 

I'd put him at #3 like last years rankings.  And like last year, I think V-Pod will fall down 3 or more spots due to the same concern - speed.  Would not be at all surprised to see Hughes, Kakko, Cozens, Byram, Turcotte, Podolzkin go in that order.  Then the Wings fans all going crazy for him and completely forgetting that we already have 5 guys that fill the exact same role.

11 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Difference between price and Howard is small?lmao

thats funny

i couldn’t care less about analytic pie chart f***ers , I’m sure the coyotes are loving the strome deal among others they’ve made 

.918 vs .914 career save percentage. 

The Coyotes misappropriation of analytics shouldn’t be used to judge its usefulness. There obviously has to be balance with traditional scouting used. Using analytics as a sole basis for every personal decision, even when comparing apples v oranges (WHL v CHL), is foolish.

10 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I'd put him at #3 like last years rankings.  And like last year, I think V-Pod will fall down 3 or more spots due to the same concern - speed.  Would not be at all surprised to see Hughes, Kakko, Cozens, Byram, Turcotte, Podolzkin go in that order.  Then the Wings fans all going crazy for him and completely forgetting that we already have 5 guys that fill the exact same role.

Right, I was hoping for one of Byram or Podolzkin if we didn't pick 1 or 2. I guess we still have a chance.

May as well give you a Dach update as he is likely on our short list now. He scored the only goal as the Blades beat the powerhouse Raiders in game three last night. He scored a highlight goal in game two when the Raiders won 3-2.  Seems to be elevating his game when it counts.

Post draft lotto thoughts: I want Byram. And I think I'm starting to like Zegras more and more (collect all the Zs!). Turcotte and Cozens also stand out of course. 

Basically Byram or a center. I think my list right now is:

Byram
Zegras
Cozens
Turcotte

We'll see how much that changes by draft day. 

23 minutes ago, amato said:

Post draft lotto thoughts: I want Byram. And I think I'm starting to like Zegras more and more (collect all the Zs!). Turcotte and Cozens also stand out of course. 

Basically Byram or a center. I think my list right now is:

Byram
Zegras
Cozens
Turcotte

We'll see how much that changes by draft day. 

They're my 4 as well. Just bump Cozens up to the top, and that's my list...

Byrum and Cozens are my top two picks but I’m preparing myself for the worst case scenario and they are both gone.  My next two are Turcotte and Dach. I hope Zegras sneaks up there and someone takes him early. Podkolzin is still going third I think. 

I don't see Podkolzin going 3rd.  Chicago is pretty set on the wing but they're fairly weak down the middle in terms of their top end prospects.  Have to think they'd want a center.  Colorado is another team that's organizationally weak down the middle and stronger on defense and the wings.  If anybody is going to take Podkolzin before Detroit drafts it will likely be Los Angeles.  Three of their top four prospects (according to Pronman) are centers so they're good on that.  They're not great on defense, so taking Byram at 5th would be a fine move, but you have to think that if the consensus 3rd overall falls to 5th they'd scoop him up.

So here's how I see it playing out:

NJ: Hughes

NYR: Kakko

CHI: Zegras or Cozens

COL: Cozens or Zegras

LA: Podkolzin

DET: Byram or Turcotte

Edited by kipwinger

9 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I don't see Podkolzin going 3rd.  Chicago is pretty set on the wing but they're fairly weak down the middle in terms of their top end prospects.  Have to think they'd want a center.  Colorado is another team that's organizationally weak down the middle and stronger on defense and the wings.  If anybody is going to take Podkolzin before Detroit drafts it will likely be Los Angeles.  Three of their top four prospects (according to Pronman) are centers so they're good on that.  They're not great on defense, so taking Byram at 5th would be a fine move, but you have to think that if the consensus 3rd overall falls to 5th they'd scoop him up.

So here's how I see it playing out:

NJ: Hughes

NYR: Kakko

CHI: Zegras or Cozens

COL: Cozens or Zegras

LA: Podkolzin

DET: Byram

Where does Dach fit in? From what little I know, and reading scouting reports he's likely to get drafted before Zegras.