• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2019 Draft

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

If Turcotte and Caufield sneak into the top 5, it means great things for us!

So here's the question, if BOTH Byrum and Cozens are there at 6, who do we take? Shades of last draft. I'm at a loss.

Byram imo because they're both similar caliber prospects in my mind and we have many more difference makers on forward than defense already. Wouldn't be upset if management wants Cozens more though. 

31 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

If Turcotte and Caufield sneak into the top 5, it means great things for us!

So here's the question, if BOTH Byrum and Cozens are there at 6, who do we take? Shades of last draft. I'm at a loss.

27 minutes ago, amato said:

Byram imo because they're both similar caliber prospects in my mind and we have many more difference makers on forward than defense already. Wouldn't be upset if management wants Cozens more though. 

Based on last year's draft, you'd think it would be Byram. Wings wanted a defenseman last year and were prepared to take Bouchard. To me, Byram is basically a better Bouchard.

But we think lots of things and most of them end up being wrong.

IMO, there's a good case to be made for Cozens and a good one to be made for Byram.

What would really make it like last year's draft is Podkolzin being available at 6. While I still think it's unlikely, I would say it feels more plausible now than it did a few months ago.

>>> EDIT: Edited for ugly grammar.

Edited by Dabura

5 minutes ago, Dabura said:

With only last year's draft to go on, you'd think it would be Byram. Wings wanted a defenseman last year and were prepared to take Bouchard. To me, Byram is basically a better Bouchard.

But we think lots of things and most of them end of being wrong.

IMO, there's a good case to be made for Cozens and a good one to be made for Byram.

What would really make it like last year's draft is Podkolzin being available at 6. While I still think it's unlikely, I would say it feels more plausible now than it did a few months ago.

So, by that I assume if we were picking 3rd overall (and Hughes and Kakko went 1,2) your pick would be Podkolzin? I'd be happy with that pick, but he's probably 6th or later on my list... I'd take Byram, Cozens and Turcotte ahead of him, and maybe even Caufield at this point...

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

So, by that I assume if we were picking 3rd overall (and Hughes and Kakko went 1,2) your pick would be Podkolzin? I'd be happy with that pick, but he's probably 6th or later on my list... I'd take Byram, Cozens and Turcotte ahead of him, and maybe even Caufield at this point...

Nah, I just think the similarity between the two situations would be kinda funny, in a cosmic way.

I really like Podkolzin, but I've never fully bought that he's the undisputed #3 and that "Really, it's not a Big 2, it's a Big 3." Nah. I still feel Hughes and Kakko are above everyone else and then *maybe* Podkolzin is the best of the rest.

Byram, Krebs, Turcotte. Those are My Guyz right now. I've cooled on Cozens and Zegras a bit, still kind of on the fence about Dach. All very good players and I'll be happy with any one of them.

1. NJD - Jack Hughes

2. NYR - Kaapo Kakko

3. CHI - Alex Turcotte

4. COL - Bowen Byram

5. LAK - Vasili Podkolzin

6. DET - Dylan Cozens

7. BUF - Trevor Zegras

8. EDM - Cole Caufield

9. ANA - Kirby Dach

10. VAN - Peyton Krebs

11. PHI - Matthew Boldy

12. MIN - Cam York

13. FLA - Phillip Broberg

14. ARI - Alex Newhook

15. MTL - Raphael Lavoie

24 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

1. NJD - Jack Hughes

2. NYR - Kaapo Kakko

3. CHI - Alex Turcotte

4. COL - Bowen Byram

6. DET - Dylan Cozens

7. BUF - Trevor Zegras

8. EDM - Cole Caufield

9. ANA - Kirby Dach

10. VAN - Peyton Krebs

11. PHI - Matthew Boldy

12. MIN - Cam York

14. ARI - Alex Newhook

15. MTL - Raphael Lavoie

I'm thinking Colorado probably takes a forward.

Could see it going this way tho.

12 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I'm thinking Colorado probably takes a forward.

Could see it going this way tho.

Maybe. You never know, but with a top line of Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen, and a potential second line of Kamenov - Jost - Kaut, they may opt to go D. Makar looks like he could be a stud, but imagine him paired with Byram... Colorado are a really good team now, and are only going to get better...

43 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Maybe. You never know, but with a top line of Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen, and a potential second line of Kamenov - Jost - Kaut, they may opt to go D. Makar looks like he could be a stud, but imagine him paired with Byram... Colorado are a really good team now, and are only going to get better...

Hopefully we're in the same position in a couple of years.

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

1. NJD - Jack Hughes

2. NYR - Kaapo Kakko

3. CHI - Alex Turcotte

4. COL - Bowen Byram

6. DET - Dylan Cozens

7. BUF - Trevor Zegras

8. EDM - Cole Caufield

9. ANA - Kirby Dach

10. VAN - Peyton Krebs

11. PHI - Matthew Boldy

12. MIN - Cam York

14. ARI - Alex Newhook

15. MTL - Raphael Lavoie

RIP Cole's career.. done before it started. :P

9 minutes ago, amato said:

RIP Cole's career.. done before it started. :P

The Oilers have been a joke for a while now, but things should turn around fairly quickly now that Chiarelli is out of there. McDavid - Caufield could be lethal combo. They also have Draisaitl, Nugent-Hopkins, and some decent prospects coming. Nurse - Bouchard could be a legit top pair in a few years as well. Still a lot of work to do, but McDavid alone should make them a contender within the next few years. Either way, their biggest need in my opinion is a goal scoring winger. Caufield would fill that role.

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

The Oilers have been a joke for a while now, but things should turn around fairly quickly now that Chiarelli is out of there. McDavid - Caufield could be lethal combo. They also have Draisaitl, Nugent-Hopkins, and some decent prospects coming. Nurse - Bouchard could be a legit top pair in a few years as well. Still a lot of work to do, but McDavid alone should make them a contender within the next few years. Either way, their biggest need in my opinion is a goal scoring winger. Caufield would fill that role.

For sure. I'm 99% joking.. I'd consider myself a little bit of an oilers fan. It's just been frustrating hoping they pull it together, seeing them start to, then seeing it fall back apart. 

16 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I'll allow it.

Jagr 2.0. Let's go.

https://youtu.be/7Of_JnJ746o?t=17

8 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I love that every mock draft I've seen ppl are universally like yeah Montreal is taking Raphael Lavoie

He respecks da system. He is a huge, huge respeckter of da system. Imagine the kind of system respeckting he could do in the system respeckting capital of of the hockey world.

8 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I'll allow it.

Jagr 2.0. Let's go.

He respecks da system. He is a huge, huge respeckter of da system. Imagine the kind of system respeckting he could do in the system respeckting capital of of the hockey world.

Yup. Then bring in Fedorov to Russian Mafia his azzz over here ASAP 

Just now, The 91 of Ryans said:

Yup. Then bring in Fedorov to Russian Mafia his azzz over here ASAP 

And Datsyuk and Fetisov can help.

This is how we heal the wounds. This is how we get the band back together.

We're gonna be a family again.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Who the f*** is this Darren Yourk guy though? Sounds made up... Zero chance Turcotte slips to 12... That's the only thing that makes me "mad" about that mock draft...

Here is every TSN draft ranking piece in a nutshell: "The Canadian guys are real good and the US guys are mostly less good."

17 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I'll allow it.

Jagr 2.0. Let's go.

He protec
He attac
But most importantly...
He respec

8 hours ago, Dabura said:

Based on last year's draft, you'd think it would be Byram. Wings wanted a defenseman last year and were prepared to take Bouchard. To me, Byram is basically a better Bouchard.

I thought Holland was taking Hughes?

8 hours ago, Dabura said:

I am predicting this scenario.

25 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I thought Holland was taking Hughes?

I heard Helene recently confirmed Bouchard was our guy. Either way, it was definitely gonna be a defenseman -- right up until the moment Arizona announced their selection.

25 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I am predicting this scenario.

I mean, why not. Tiger Woods is back. Steve Yzerman is home. All the division winners were ousted in the first round of the NHL playoffs. S***'s broken.

Watch Podkolzin slide to the Wings. And then watch Broberg slide to the Wings at the top if the 2nd round.

Edited by Dabura

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm confused... Why would I be "mad" about Podkolzin?...

I thought The Pod was your least fav....

You should be flattered I was thinking of you. 

I was also like WTF is a Darren York? But if you read the mini blurbs they are all updated quotes from Button. I'm thinking this was a staff effort.

Edit to add: I'd be thrilled with drafting Podkolzin for the record. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

Peyton "Manning" Krebs, aka Mr. Krebs, aka Krebs Cycle, is going 1st overall.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/160202021/

"This draft is shaping up to have a really nice top 10. With that said, im finding it really hard keeping Krebs out of my top 5 for 2019 and thats not a knock whatsoever on the rest of the players in the top 10."

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/160203457/

"Krebs is a guy I think could go #3. That #3 spot holds more intrigue to me this year than who goes #1 this year."

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/160270667/

"Another beastly game from Krebs, he looks like a top 5 talent to me. He is outplaying Cozens in almost every facet of the game and doing it while playing centre."