• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2019 Draft

Rate this topic

9 minutes ago, HoweFan said:

It’s gonna go Hughes, Kakko, Byrum, Turcotte, Dach and then our choice. I’m taking Cozens over Podkolzin

Would be thrilled to land Podkolzin. Wouldn't be mad about Cozens in that scenario either though. 

I wouldn’t mind Podkolzin either. I like what I’ve read about him. Sounds like he would be hard to play against.  I believe Cozens is a RH centre and that’s what swayed me. In a perfect world I’d take Byrum if he was there

Athletic: Pronman on 3rd Overall Pick

Corey makes his case for several players to go 3rd. Basically says what we're all known: after Kakk Hughes there are about 10 really good players who could go in any order and much debate from scouts and executives about rankings. 

His guys (he didn't rank, just listed in this order)

Podkolzin

Dach

Cozens

Byram

Turcotte

Zegras

Boldy

Krebs

Broberg

Newhook 

Caufield

Part of me is delighted to think about the Hawks not getting rewarded too much for their lottery break if the prospect spread is as slim as many think . I'm also delighted to know we're going to get a good player at 6. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

49 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Athletic: Custance on 3rd Overall Pick

Corey makes his case for several players to go 3rd. Basically says what we're all known: after Kakk Hughes there are about 10 really good players who could go in any order and much debate from scouts and executives about rankings. 

His guys (he didn't rank, just listed in this order)

Podkolzin

Dach

Cozens

Byram

Turcotte

Zegras

Boldy

Krebs

Broberg

Newhook 

Caufield

Part of me is delighted to think about the Hawks not getting rewarded too much for their lottery break if the prospect spread is as slim as many think . I'm also delighted to know we're going to get a good player at 6. 

Yeah everyone around lottery time was saying "I'd almost rather pick 2nd than 1st so I wouldn't have to choose between Hughes and Kakko". I'm starting to think 3rd is an even worse spot to be in in that regard, because after the top 2 it's a completely open playing field.

I feel very comfortable at 6. A great player is going to fall to us regardless of what happens and it probably won't have to be a huge debate for us.

49 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yeah everyone around lottery time was saying "I'd almost rather pick 2nd than 1st so I wouldn't have to choose between Hughes and Kakko". I'm starting to think 3rd is an even worse spot to be in in that regard, because after the top 2 it's a completely open playing field.

I feel very comfortable at 6. A great player is going to fall to us regardless of what happens and it probably won't have to be a huge debate for us.

wings fan base: CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

14 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Like if Yzerman reaches down and nabs Kaliyev or Afanasyev do we freakout and break stuff? Or do we trust that Yzerman is midas?

I'd trust Yzerman. The same way I trusted Holland. It's always nice to remind yourself which one of these guys was, you know, an actual scout n' stuff

18 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Like if Yzerman reaches down and nabs Kaliyev or Afanasyev do we freakout and break stuff? Or do we trust that Yzerman is midas?

I think it's a natural reaction to be a little pissed with any big reaches, especially in the top 5-10 of the first round, but I think I'd have to give Yzerman the benefit of the doubt.

Speaking of Kaliyev though, how is that guy projected to go in the middle to late 1st? He's one of the younger players in the draft class (doesn't turn 18 until 5 days after the draft) and put up 51 goals, 51 assists in 67 games in the OHL this season...

The Athletic interviewed Stan Bowman about the draft. Comments ensued. 

Brian M.

While I am thrilled that the Hawks moved up to third, i also feel disappointed that they just missed the first pick. Jack Hughes could turn into one of the all-time greats, and we just missed having a chance to watch him for the next 15 years.

Ben W.

@Brian M. Man shut the f*** up. You've had Kane and Toews and 3  cups with   the two of them and you moved up from 12 to 3.

LOL. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

20 hours ago, amato said:

Would be thrilled to land Podkolzin. Wouldn't be mad about Cozens in that scenario either though. 

Put Krebs, Boldy, Newhook and Zegras on that list. After the U18 Krebs is on the move up draft boards. His production in the WHL is really fantastic given the circumstances he was dealt. 

If the right trade down scenario presents itself I would be all for it seeing that there is a ton of talent between 3-10. 

51 minutes ago, BringBack19 said:

Put Krebs, Boldy, Newhook and Zegras on that list. After the U18 Krebs is on the move up draft boards. His production in the WHL is really fantastic given the circumstances he was dealt. 

If the right trade down scenario presents itself I would be all for it seeing that there is a ton of talent between 3-10. 

I am all in on Krebs, but no one wants to hear it.

Buncha Krebs-deniers up in here.

2 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I am all in on Krebs, but no one wants to hear it.

Buncha Krebs-deniers up in here.

I think Krebs is anywhere from 8-12 on my list. I know you're a lot higher on him than that. Where is he on your list?

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I think Krebs is anywhere from 8-12 on my list. I know you're a lot higher on him than that. Where is he on your list?

I know you didn’t ask me, but he is #5 on my list. 

Hughes, Kakko, Byram, Turcotte, then Krebs. 

1 hour ago, BringBack19 said:

Oh there's more I'd be thrilled with for sure. Lots of good talent in the first round this year. I'm still hoping for Byram over any of them but Podkolzin may be second. I've liked a lot of what I've seen out of Zegras among others as well. 

51 minutes ago, BringBack19 said:

I know you didn’t ask me, but he is #5 on my list. 

Hughes, Kakko, Byram, Turcotte, then Krebs. 

That's the order of my current top 4 as well. Cozens has fallen back a bit for me, but I'd still put him ahead of Krebs, as well as a couple other guys.

7 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Sure trust the math nerds and their tournament analytics. Podkolzin wrecks shops.

Real talk: The fact that "Could Podkolzin slide out of the top five?" is even a worthwhile discussion right now is pretty great. Wings picked a pretty good year to have s*** luck in the lotto draw.