• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2019 Draft

Rate this topic

I really hope we don’t take another goalie early.  In addition to the three just mentioned there is Van Pottelberg over in Europe who had a good year. Sorry about the spelling. Fulcher and Rybar are doing ok also.  Just saw another mock that had Byrum dropping to six. Fingers crossed

34 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Speak of the devil...

*Byram Video

Or this guy...

13 minutes ago, Dabura said:
*Turcotte Video

Or this guy...

24 minutes ago, HoweFan said:

I really hope we don’t take another goalie early.  In addition to the three just mentioned there is Van Pottelberg over in Europe who had a good year. Sorry about the spelling. Fulcher and Rybar are doing ok also.  Just saw another mock that had Byrum dropping to six. Fingers crossed

If anyone knows me, they know I don't really want another goaltender either... But everything about this kid screams special talent...

Prospect Deep Dive: Moritz Seider [Dobber Prospects]

Moritz Seider is an intriguing prospect. He’s shown extremely well at international tournaments, both at the national and junior tournaments, and more than held his own in a lower-level men’s league in the DEL. He dealt with injury issues at times but returned stronger each time. His combination of a developing defensive game, hockey IQ and an offensive skill-set that’s maturing help make him one of the best and most well-rounded defenders in the 2019 NHL Draft.

Edited by Dabura

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Well this makes the choice easy. Do not draft Podkolzin. I'm drafting a player that if he has a great camp and makes the team, he's staying. Sounds like this guy isn't even planning on attending any prospects or training camps. 

10 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Well this makes the choice easy. Do not draft Podkolzin. I'm drafting a player that if he has a great camp and makes the team, he's staying. Sounds like this guy isn't even planning on attending any prospects or training camps. 

I think you're reading too much into a tweet that doesn't even offer a direct quote.

Podkolzin is under contract with a KHL team. He probably isn't quite ready for the NHL (he doesn't turn 18 until the 24th of this month) -- so even if the KHL contract isn't a thing, he's probably still at least one year away from being a regular on any NHL roster. I haven't seen anything that suggests he's being an ass about things or that he plans on being an ass about things two years from now.

25 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

He's still under contract. In the KHL. As a 17 yo. As long as the prospect camp in June or training camp in September don't interfere with his Russian commitments, there's no reason to assume that he won't be attending either.

2 hours ago, Dabura said:

Another guy that is too early to take at 6 and likely won't be around at 35... If he is though, I'd consider him there for sure.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

I'm not too keen on Podkolzin, but this has nothing to do with why I personally wouldn't take him at 6. Anyone you take beyond the top 3-5 are almost guaranteed to be minimum a year away from the NHL, some longer. Two years is nothing. Not to mention he will be developing in a professional league against men for those two years, not in juniors against kids like most of the other draft eligible prospects...

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Hope anyone but the CST is right.

Any reason you don't want Zegras? He wouldn't be my first choice, but I'd be thrilled to add a player like him to the pipeline at 6th overall...

For me, it's Byram, Cozens, Turcotte, Zegras, trade back, in that order. It's a very real possibility that my three faves will be gone at 6, and Zegras will be my BPA.

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Another guy that is too early to take at 6 and likely won't be around at 35... If he is though, I'd consider him there for sure.

I'm not too keen on Podkolzin, but this has nothing to do with why I personally wouldn't take him at 6. Anyone you take beyond the top 3-5 are almost guaranteed to be minimum a year away from the NHL, some longer. Two years is nothing. Not to mention he will be developing in a professional league against men for those two years, not in juniors against kids like most of the other draft eligible prospects...

Any reason you don't want Zegras? He wouldn't be my first choice, but I'd be thrilled to add a player like him to the pipeline at 6th overall...

For me, it's Byram, Cozens, Turcotte, Zegras, trade back, in that order. It's a very real possibility that my three faves will be gone at 6, and Zegras will be my BPA.

If Cozens and Byram are gone, I trade back.

5 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

If Cozens and Byram are gone, I trade back.

I'd consider it if a player I don't really want also goes in the top 5, and there are still 3 or 4 players I really like on the board. But the furthest I would trade back would be 2-3 spots, and it would have to be a considerable offer, like a late 1st / early 2nd round pick...