• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2019 Draft

Rate this topic

46 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Corey Pronman just released his mock first round, and I think most would be happy if things play out the way he sees it...

1. NJD - Hughes
2. NYR - Kakko
3. CHI - Turcotte
4. COL - Byram
5. LAK - Dach
6. DET - Zegras

"I’ve heard Zegras, Dach and Vasili Podkolzin rumored to Detroit. It makes sense given Steve Yzerman’s preference for drafting skill, as well as how little hesitance he shows for drafting Russians. There was skepticism talking to sources at the combine about Zegras being Detroit’s pick, but enough people have pegged him there that I’ll go with that one."

I don't think there's any chance Byram or Turcotte fall to 6, and I'd be more than okay with Zegras or Cozens or even Dach or Caufield...

"And now we'd like to welcome to the stage Steve Yzerman, for his first ever pick as the GM of the Detroit Red Wings"

"Thank you commissioner Bettman... I'd also like to thank the great city of Vancouver for hosting this draft."
"With the 6th overall pick in the 2019 draft..."
**Flight of the Valkyries unexpectedly begins playing**
"From the USA national development team..."
**The crowds attention turns to the entrance stage**

"Someone's coming..."
"BY GOD IT'S PHILIP BROBERG"
"OMG AND HE'S TAKING THE 6TH OVERALL SELECTION BELT FROM STEVE YZERMAN"
"THIS IS UNPRECEDENTED!"

I just realized this draft is down the street from me. An organization I'm an alumni with is offering me discounted tickets. My buddy who scouts for the Islanders is Vancouver based as well. So he should be there. Makes a lot of sense to just go.

Ken Holland is also the keynote speaker at a private conference held on draft day that I can get into.

Think I might have to do it. Just sucks cause I'd have to use vacation days to take that Thursday and Friday off work, and the draft is honestly pretty boring to attend.

6 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I just realized this draft is down the street from me. An organization I'm an alumni with is offering me discounted tickets. My buddy who scouts for the Islanders is Vancouver based as well. So he should be there. Makes a lot of sense to just go.

Ken Holland is also the keynote speaker at a private conference held on draft day that I can get into.

Think I might have to do it. Just sucks cause I'd have to use vacation days to take that Thursday and Friday off work, and the draft is honestly pretty boring to attend.

Stop humble bragging,  b*tch.

20 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Stop humble bragging,  b*tch.

I know I know, really just trying to talk myself into it

Part of me is like, what if my buddy gets me on to the draft floor or behind the scenes, and I get to meet Yzerman or talk to scouts or whatever.

The other part of me is like you're gonna miss work to drive 6 hours, spend $100 bucks on the tickets, spend $200 bucks on a hotel room, plus food & gas, all so you can sit in the stands and watch something you could've watched on a live stream at the comfort of home for free.

Craig Button's 'I'm High as a Mother f*****' Latest Draft Rankings

3. Byram

4. Caufield

5. Boldy

6. Zegras

7. Broberg

8. Krebs

9. Podkolzin

10. Turcotte

11. Harley

12. Dach

13. Kaliyev

14. Cozens

15. Knight

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I know I know, really just trying to talk myself into it

Part of me is like, what if my buddy gets me on to the draft floor or behind the scenes, and I get to meet Yzerman or talk to scouts or whatever.

The other part of me is like you're gonna miss work to drive 6 hours, spend $100 bucks on the tickets, spend $200 bucks on a hotel room, plus food & gas, all so you can sit in the stands and watch something you could've watched on a live stream at the comfort of home for free.

Work is always going to be there.

it's a once in lifetime opportunity and if you meet X people BONUS!

Plus they have to be serving beer at the draft and you get to see hot draft MIlFs in person and who knows what may happen!! Perhaps 18 years down the road you are the father of the number 1 draftee!! 

Go into full on positive mode and make plans!!

On 6/3/2019 at 9:03 PM, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

I'm really back and forth on Podkolzin, I honestly have no idea what to think of him at this point. 

I probably wouldn't take him 3rd overall. But 6th? Sure, why not.

Red Wings draft prospect: Talented, tough Vasili Podkolzin could be value pick [MLive]

TSN’s Craig Button tells MLive: “I’m always careful when I use these types of comparisons, but in terms of his intensity, his tenacity, his brain, and the way he’s so quick, he reminds me of Pavel Datsyuk. I’m not saying he’s Pavel Datsyuk, but (he’s) that lightning quick. He is as good defensively as he is offensively. He is as good penalty killing as he is on the power play. He’s as good making plays as he is shooting the puck. You are not taking Vasili Podkolzin out of the game. You are dealing with Vasili Podkolzin every single second of every single shift. He has to learn sometimes that there’s plays where no matter how hard you work, are not going to end up being productive. You can work and work and work, and it’s just about that understanding of managing your effort.”

6 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Corey Pronman just released his mock first round, and I think most would be happy if things play out the way he sees it...

1. NJD - Hughes
2. NYR - Kakko
3. CHI - Turcotte
4. COL - Byram
5. LAK - Dach
6. DET - Zegras

"I’ve heard Zegras, Dach and Vasili Podkolzin rumored to Detroit. It makes sense given Steve Yzerman’s preference for drafting skill, as well as how little hesitance he shows for drafting Russians. There was skepticism talking to sources at the combine about Zegras being Detroit’s pick, but enough people have pegged him there that I’ll go with that one."

I don't think there's any chance Byram or Turcotte fall to 6, and I'd be more than okay with Zegras or Cozens or even Dach or Caufield...

yusss

I'm kind of expecting Podkolzin or a CHLer tho, given Yzerman's history.

31 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Work is always going to be there.

it's a once in lifetime opportunity and if you meet X people BONUS!

Plus they have to be serving beer at the draft and you get to see hot draft MIlFs in person and who knows what may happen!! Perhaps 18 years down the road you are the father of the number 1 draftee!! 

Go into full on positive mode and make plans!!

I went to the 2016 draft in Buffalo, but it was super easy cause I lived in Buffalo at the time. Got to hear Brian Burke speak, saw John Chyka in passing, talked to Tony Granato, some random Montreal scout, and some former Leafs Dman who can't remember the name of.

Other than seeing a few guys from the biz thou, it's kinda super boring and lame. Not sure I wanna put the effort in. Gotta hit up scout bro this weekend and see if he can do anything for me.

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Craig Button's 'I'm High as a Mother f*****' Latest Draft Rankings

3. Byram

4. Caufield

5. Boldy

6. Zegras

7. Broberg

8. Krebs

9. Podkolzin

10. Turcotte

11. Harley

12. Dach

13. Kaliyev

14. Cozens

15. Knight

I love this list because everyone hates this list.

Whether consciously or unconsciously, Button is making the point that there's no consensus beyond Hughes at 1 and Kakko at 2. I love that he has Turcotte at 10. People wanna be like "I'm not totally sure he's a legit NHL 1C, but certainly he's a solid NHL two-way 2C" and at the same time be like "Dude is effing legit af. He should absolutely go in the top five. If I'm Chicago, I'm all over him at 3."

22 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I love this list because everyone hates this list.

Whether consciously or unconsciously, Button is making the point that there's no consensus beyond Hughes at 1 and Kakko at 2. I love that he has Turcotte at 10. People wanna be like "I'm not totally sure he's a legit NHL 1C, but certainly he's a solid NHL two-way 2C" and at the same time be like "Dude is effing legit af. He should absolutely go in the top five. If I'm Chicago, I'm all over him at 3."

Yeah like just put the top 10, or even top 15, in a blender after Hughes and Kakko. That's a good a prediction as any.

These mock drafts and rankings are all bungus

2 hours ago, mackel said:

For the record....

I dont know much about many of the guys in our draft window this year...  but the more I read on podkolzin the more I'm worried.  I would not like that pick on that basis.

Yeah I'm not too sure on him either, really depends on the day. I've got this feeling that's who we're taking though. 

Assuming Byram and Turcotte are unavailable, I'm really into Zegras, Dach, and Caufield at the moment. Not too high on Cozens like some of the others. 

7 hours ago, mackel said:

For the record....

I dont know much about many of the guys in our draft window this year...  but the more I read on podkolzin the more I'm worried.  I would not like that pick on that basis.

If it's the same worry you had about Zadina last year, I'd take him...

Nah, seriously though, I'm not too high on Podkolzin either. I wouldn't hate if we picked him at 6, but in my opinion there are better options available...

4 hours ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

Yeah I'm not too sure on him either, really depends on the day. I've got this feeling that's who we're taking though. 

Assuming Byram and Turcotte are unavailable, I'm really into Zegras, Dach, and Caufield at the moment. Not too high on Cozens like some of the others. 

I could see Yzerman taking Caufield. He's shown a willingness to take high skill diminutive forwards in the past. I wouldn't hate that pick to be honest...

Of all the guys being mentioned for us at six I really hope we stay away from Zegras and Caufield.  I can’t see anyone gambling on a 5’6” forward early. Turcotte and Byrum won’t be there. It’s a choice between Dach, Cozins, and Pod

10 hours ago, mackel said:

For the record....

7 hours ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

Button's latest rankings apparently suffers from schizophrenia...Players are going up/down/all over the place :wacko:

https://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-caufield-scores-his-way-into-top-5-1.1316942

27 minutes ago, HoweFan said:

Of all the guys being mentioned for us at six I really hope we stay away from Zegras and Caufield.  I can’t see anyone gambling on a 5’6” forward early. Turcotte and Byrum won’t be there. It’s a choice between Dach, Cozins, and Pod

I hope Stevie stays away from that Russian kid...Got a bad feeling he'll want to stay home longer than what we'd expect...

55 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Button's latest rankings apparently suffers from schizophrenia...Players are going up/down/all over the place :wacko:

https://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-caufield-scores-his-way-into-top-5-1.1316942

I hope Stevie stays away from that Russian kid...Got a bad feeling he'll want to stay home longer than what we'd expect...

But Stevie also knows a Mr Fetisov and a Mr Fedorov who could potentially help influence said Russian kid to come over?