• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2019 Draft

Rate this topic

7 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Why doesn't Philly wanna keep Konecny? /outoftheloop

My hot take prediction on this draft is that Dmen are going to go wayyyy sooner than anyone realizes, and it's gonna start with Byram going #3 to Chicago.

1. Byram - #3
2. Broberg - Top 10
3. Seider - Top 10
4. Harley - Top 15
5. Soderstrom - Top 15
6. York - Top 15
7. Robertson - Top 15
8. Bjornfort - Top 20
9. Heinola - Top 20

Youre spot on.  This sraft has GOOD defensemen it.  I wont be at all surprised to see Broberg drafted 6th if Cozens is gone.  Byrams skillset is off the chart, but Broberg has the elite level skating.

8 hours ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

Also, does anyone else think it was stupid to sit Cholowski for the first time in his hometown? I'm still a little annoyed about it. 

Yes, yes it was. The argument was that he was struggling and should have been sent down weeks ago. That's fine. If he were sent down weeks ago, there wouldn't have been a problem with that decision. If he played one more game in Vancouver, it wouldn't have had any negative impact on him or the team. To scratch him for his first game in his hometown was the dickest of dick moves...

8 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Boy they really are pumping up the Wings media guys with Podkolzin talk. Pods might be our guy.

I'd pay closer attention to what Ken and Trev are saying. Not so much Art... I think (hope) Cozens is our guy, assuming Byram and Turcotte (and maybe Zegras) are off the board.

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I'd pay closer attention to what Ken and Trev are saying. Not so much Art... I think (hope) Cozens is our guy, assuming Byram and Turcotte (and maybe Zegras) are off the board.

I mean all three work for Fox Sports Detroit. I think Ken is the only one who actually works for the Red Wings on top of that...? Art also has a longer history with the team than Trev does.

In any case, I guess Ken probably would have the most inside track on what's actually going on, based on his position with and history with the team.

Ken just preached patience and tempered expectations.

IDK why are where all this Podkolzin to Detroit stuff originated. Especially when HF boards are already confirmed we're taking Moritz Seider at 6...

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I mean all three work for Fox Sports Detroit. I think Ken is the only one who actually works for the Red Wings on top of that...? Art also has a longer history with the team than Trev does.

In any case, I guess Ken probably would have the most inside track on what's actually going on, based on his position with and history with the team.

I'm not saying any are more in-the-know than the other, I just tend to take everything Art Regner says with a pound of salt. I listen to every episode of The Red & White Authority, not because I like him as a host, but because I love the player, coach, trainer, etc. interviews. I just think Art is a bit of an ass hat to be honest. I don't necessarily agree with everything Ken says, but he does know his s***, and like you mentioned, may have the best knowledge about what's been going on behind the scenes...

9 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Ken just preached patience and tempered expectations.

Yzerman has preached patience and tempered expectations. Ken echoed this. Maybe there's something to his talk on the Red Wings taking Cozens...

9 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

IDK why are where all this Podkolzin to Detroit stuff originated. Especially when HF boards are already confirmed we're taking Moritz Seider at 6...

I'd say Podkolzin to Detroit at 6 is 25%, depending on who's available. Seider to Detroit at 6 is 0%, but I think you know that...

26 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm not saying any are more in-the-know than the other, I just tend to take everything Art Regner says with a pound of salt. I listen to every episode of The Red & White Authority, not because I like him as a host, but because I love the player, coach, trainer, etc. interviews. I just think Art is a bit of an ass hat to be honest. I don't necessarily agree with everything Ken says, but he does know his s***, and like you mentioned, may have the best knowledge about what's been going on behind the scenes...

Ok, I don't listen to Red & White Authority so I wouldn't know. Honestly this is the first time I've listened-to/seen Art in a while.

28 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yzerman has preached patience and tempered expectations. Ken echoed this. Maybe there's something to his talk on the Red Wings taking Cozens...

Yeah Ken basically said the same stuff Stevie said on his announcement day. Team is gonna be patient and respect the process. The hype around Yzerman does/did need to be tempered a bit.

33 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'd say Podkolzin to Detroit at 6 is 25%, depending on who's available. Seider to Detroit at 6 is 0%, but I think you know that...

If HF boards says it it must be true

20 hours ago, Dabura said:

One of the prevailing narratives about this draft class is that it's mostly bereft of marquee defensemen. Maybe there's some truth to that, but I feel like people are kinda sleeping on a whole bunch of very good defensemen, any one of whom could easily end up being better than Byram. There's the aforementioned Moritz Seider, Philip Broberg, Cam York, Victor Soderstrom, and I think Thomas Harley, Ville Heinola, Lassi Thomson, et al. could also be included in that discussion.

Do I take one of those guys at 6? ...Prob'ly not.

But, hey, suppose we actually pull off a trade-down with Philly along the lines of what I proposed a few days ago...

• Trade our 2019 1st (6OA) + Trevor Daley (retaining 50% of his salary) to PHI for PHI's 2019 1st (11OA) + Travis Konecny's rights

Then take a defenseman at 11.

And if we want to get really greedy, we can try to brute-force our way into the back third of the 1st round. Tampa? Cool, let's swap with Tampa.

• Trade NYI's 2019 2nd (54OA) + our 2019 3rd (66OA) + SJS's 2020 3rd to TBL for TBL's 2019 1st (27OA) + Taylor Raddysh + Jan Rutta (minor salary dump) + Ryan Callahan (major salary dump)

I'm really high on Philip Tomasino and a lot of people have him going late in the 1st. Personally, I suspect he'll go earlier, but who knows. If he's there at 27 and there isn't a Veleno available, I take him. If he's not there, and if we decide we're going HAM on defense, there's going to be a good Scandinavian defenseman there, e.g. Heinola, Tobias Bjornfot, Mikko Kokkonen. I also like Matthew Robertson.

All of this and we'd still own our 2019 2nd (35OA). Nice.

So, we're looking at something like...

• Travis Konecny, who immediately becomes one of our top two wingers (if only because we have no scoring depth)
  • Philip Broberg (11OA)
  • Tobias Bjornfot (27OA)
  • Mikko Kokkonen (35OA)

Byram is a stud, but loading up with three very solid defensemen would be a pretty nice consolation prize. And I'm not even saying we'd have to take three defensemen with those three picks. All I'm really trying to say is I see opportunity here. The conversation doesn't necessarily have to be "Do we really wanna use the 6th overall pick on a non-Byram defenseman?" Go crazy. Get nuts.

Flyers aren’t gonna move konecky and I don’t know if I’d be wanting to drop down to 11 and those are a lot of picks  with Tampa to land 27th and raddysh who I’m not too crazy for 

Callahan +27th for sharks 2nd I’d consider if not id be ok with Callahan and Tampa’s 2nd in 2020 for some no name player like puempel ,similar to the jets/habs deal involving Steve mason 

What I'm interested in is what will Chicago do at #3?

To me - that could possibly change who Colorado, LA, and Detroit pick...Do the Hawks go with Byram, or the 'hometown kid' Turcotte?..Does Podkolzin really fall down to 6th, or more as what Button's final list predicts?

Picks from #3 on up will be very interesting!

13 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Thanks 4 sharing!

Main takeaway:

Art Regner is an old s***bird and is only (barely) tolerable if he's sitting beside Carley Johnston

Other takeaway:

They can't lose no matter who they take at 6 (unless they take Broberg). 

19 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Any 1 of those guys would be a good choice, but it seems like Cozens is the front runner.

9 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I hope so. I'd be thrilled with either Cozens or Zegras.

My top four (based on who I think will be available)

1. Podkolzin 

2. Zegras

3. Cozens

4. Dach

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

1 minute ago, Akakabuto said:

There also a Tag? Brother or Cousin?

Son of Todd - cousin of Tyler...Had to look him up...Highly unlikely he'll get to the NHL, but for $hits & giggles I could see him getting picked by the Wings in the 4th, or 5th round.