• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2019 Draft

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I feel the risk-reward ratio is roughly the same for most of the players we're talking about. That being said, I think it ultimately comes down to what attributes you value most, i.e. what kind of player you think your team desperately needs.

I was trying to be a lil flippant cause jonas

Are you suggesting we should draft based on need then? Because I'll remind you that not observing the holy doctrine of BPA is of the highest form of heresy and you will be admonished. 

6 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

A. Broberg is like the best skater in the draft not named Jack Hughes

B. Skating is super critical in today's league

C. I'm a Broberg guy

He's a great straight-line skater, but, imo, his lateral mobility leaves something to be desired.

What makes the Hughes brothers such great skaters is their edges. They're not necessarily burners, but they don't need to be burners because their quickness, agility, elusiveness means they're going to be driving play and leading you around all over the ice, in all three zones.

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I was trying to be a lil flippant cause jonas

Are you suggesting we should draft based on need then? Because I'll remind you that not observing the holy doctrine of BPA is of the highest form of heresy and you will be admonished. 

I've gone full Draft 4 Need. I am a crazy man with nothing to lose and zero effs left to give. I eat my steak with ketchup.

Come at me.

6 minutes ago, Dabura said:

He's a great straight-line skater, but, imo, his lateral mobility leaves something to be desired.

What makes the Hughes brothers such great skaters is their edges. They're not necessarily burners, but they don't need to be burners because their quickness, agility, elusiveness means they're going to be driving play and leading you around all over the ice, in all three zones.

I've gone full Draft 4 Need. I am a crazy man with nothing to lose and zero effs left to give. I eat my steak with ketchup.

Come at me.

giphy.gif

30 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Skating - Cozens > Broberg

Depends what you like. Broberg is fast AF. Who's faster? Maybe Turcotte?

14 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/650/sportsnet-tonight-650/june-11-canucks-vs-free-agency/

56:20 mark podkolzin talk

At #6 redwings select podkolzin please 

People are bashing Pods because he works hard? Dumb. Work ethic is a huge plus with him in my mind.

10 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Depends what you like. Broberg is fast AF. Who's faster? Maybe Turcotte?

People are bashing Pods because he works hard? Dumb. Work ethic is a huge plus with him in my mind.

Think ppl are just bitching cause he hasn’t put up huge stats but that’s just nonsense , some guys as they mentioned pick up big numbers and then don’t give a s*** and don’t play hard , this kid is relentless and always attacks the puck(like datsyuk did) And has a ton of skill and offensive upside, I got no doubt in my mind his numbers will come 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

10 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Think ppl are just bitching cause he hasn’t put up huge stats but that’s just nonsense , some guys as they mentioned pick up big numbers and then don’t give a s*** and don’t play hard , this kid is relentless and always attacks the puck(like datsyuk did) And has a ton of skill and offensive upside, I got no doubt in my mind his numbers will come 

After watching a bit more footage of him I'm inclined to agree. He's been creeping up my list lately.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

He's fast, he's skilled, he's swede, he does defense, he's RH

He screams Wings bro

Plus questions about his decision making ability, called a "two-way defenseman" despite limited offensive production, would be a reach to draft him at our position...

He screams Brendan Smith

2 minutes ago, Buppy said:

Plus questions about his decision making ability, called a "two-way defenseman" despite limited offensive production, would be a reach to draft him at our position...

He screams Brendan Smith

If I put him in Wings jersey and told you it was 1995 you would think he's Paul Coffey

11 hours ago, Buppy said:

He screams Brendan Smith

Watch his highlights and interviews.  This guy will be VERY good.  Hes nowhere near the knuckleheadedness of Smith.  If Byram and Cozens are gone, we should take him.

What's not to like about drafting a guy who's been compared to Oscar Klefbom with the 6th pick?  I mean, that doesn't seem like a waste at all.  Particularly when players with considerably more offensive upside are still available.  Bold strategy Cotton. 

21 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

What's not to like about drafting a guy who's been compared to Oscar Klefbom with the 6th pick?  I mean, that doesn't seem like a waste at all.  Particularly when players with considerably more offensive upside are still available.  Bold strategy Cotton. 

Trevor Zegras reminds me of Nikita Filatov

s*** we better not draft him

9 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Trevor Zegras reminds me of Nikita Filatov

s*** we better not draft him

Assuming all players have SOME chance of being a bust, I'd argue it's still a smarter move to draft the one with the higher ceiling.  If your ceiling is "mobile shutdown defender with limited offensive upside" you probably shouldn't be drafted in the Top 10.  But what do I know?

Edited by kipwinger

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Assuming all players have SOME chance of being a bust, I'd argue it's still a smarter move to draft the one with the higher ceiling.  If your ceiling is "mobile shutdown defender with limited offensive upside" you probably shouldn't be drafted in the Top 10.  But what do I know?

"Like Oscar Klefbom" ... "Shutdown defender"

krabs_rag3do.jpg

Kipwinger hurt itself in confusion!