• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2019 Draft

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Still seems a 'mystery' where guys will go from 3 on down...So many different predictions...Who knows who'll be available at #6?

Podkolzin :) 

byram And turcotte will be gone 

I just wanna move up and add more 2nds it’s crazy how many guys I want this draft,come yzerman blackmail Holland into taking Nielsen and helm and giving up the 40th

Man he’d look good in a wings uniform , kid looks good ... damn this draft 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

6 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Podkolzin :) 

byram And turcotte will be gone 

I just wanna move up and add more 2nds it’s crazy how many guys I want this draft,come yzerman blackmail Holland into taking Nielsen and helm and giving up the 40th

Man he’d look good in a wings uniform , kid looks good ... damn this draft 

That guy with the draft on the previous page claims the Hawks will take Podkolzin...Now by no means do I think the guy with the YouTube is credible, but look what happened last year when the Habs drafted Kotkaniemi, and Zadina fell into our laps...Maybe Byram, or Turcotte fall to 6th too (I know highly unlikely)?

9 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Ppl need to chill ... that’s not the price rangers would have paid if he signed along term deal , there’s not even any extra’s in the deal if rangers sign an extension so it’s really fishy

im not worried at all atm 

The thing that has me thinking he'll likely hit the open market a year from now, is that the Jets wouldn't allow the Rangers to speak with Trouba's camp before the deal was made... It seems like Trouba was probably telling Cheveldayoff that he wanted to hit free agency. Of course, that could have just been talk, and a lot can change in a year's time, but I think there's still a reasonably high chance that Trouba makes it to free agency next summer. And if he does, he WILL he a Red Wing...

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

The thing that has me thinking he'll likely hit the open market a year from now, is that the Jets wouldn't allow the Rangers to speak with Trouba's camp before the deal was made... It seems like Trouba was probably telling Cheveldayoff that he wanted to hit free agency. Of course, that could have just been talk, and a lot can change in a year's time, but I think there's still a reasonably high chance that Trouba makes it to free agency next summer. And if he does, he WILL he a Red Wing...

Hometown Hockeytown discount?

Edited by F.Michael

4 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

That guy with the draft on the previous page claims the Hawks will take Podkolzin...Now by no means do I think the guy with the YouTube is credible, but look what happened last year when the Habs drafted Kotkaniemi, and Zadina fell into our laps...Maybe Byram, or Turcotte fall to 6th too (I know highly unlikely)?

Previous page here ? Is the guy reliable it could be true but I’d be surprised everyone seems to be bailing on the kid cause he’s Russian .... yzerman on the other hand played with a bunch of great Russian kids , and two way guys and he knows how good this kid will be 

man, imagine if this was datsyuk starting his career now? I’m sure people would be s***ting on him now as well if he had a bad tournament and wanted to come in two years , not saying he will have as great a career but there seems to be so much hate for Russian players atm 

6 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Welcome to the dark side lol been saying this for the longest time ... he’s coming man , if I was a wings fan all my life in trouba’s shoes I’d be doing the exact same thing , keep your top assets so when I come we’ll be that much better of a hockey team

3 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Hometown Hockeytown discount?

Now your asking for too much lol :p

Just now, F.Michael said:

This video...

Ohhhh those kids lol ya I turned it off after a few minutes it’s just a bunch of friends doing a mock draft for fun I wouldn’t pay too much attention to that 

3 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Now your asking for too much lol :p

Ohhhh those kids lol ya I turned it off after a few minutes it’s just a bunch of friends doing a mock draft for fun I wouldn’t pay too much attention to that 

I know, but sometimes this $hit comes outta left field when it comes to the draft...I personally wouldn't expect anything too crazy, but ya never know...Maybe 1 of the more coveted guys slips to 6th (crosses fingers).

45 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Last year's "luck"... I surely hope that doesn't repeat itself. 

46 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I think you're being overly positive :-(

5 minutes ago, mackel said:

I think you're being overly positive :-(

Can you think of another reason they wouldn't allow teams to speak with Trouba's camp? If he was willing to sign and trade, they could have gotten a hell of a lot more in the trade.

Also, why wasn't there a conditional pick included based on an extension? It just doesn't add up. I knew they wouldn't get near as much as some were suggesting, because of the circumstances, but this was a very underwhelming return for the Jets.

44 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Previous page here ? Is the guy reliable it could be true but I’d be surprised everyone seems to be bailing on the kid cause he’s Russian .... yzerman on the other hand played with a bunch of great Russian kids , and two way guys and he knows how good this kid will be 

man, imagine if this was datsyuk starting his career now? I’m sure people would be s***ting on him now as well if he had a bad tournament and wanted to come in two years , not saying he will have as great a career but there seems to be so much hate for Russian players atm 

It has little to do with being Russian. Some to do with being committed to the KHL for 2 years, and a whole lot to do with not scoring any points. Plus that every highlight reel of him is pretty much one play repeated 30 times from different angles and speeds. Seen that clip so many times I'm starting to fantasize that the next time I see it, one of those defenders will morph into Scott Stevens and flatten the little f***** for having his head down.

Kids going to go in the top 15, probably top 10, in a loaded draft, mostly because of one tournament. Let's not pretend anyone thinks he should go in the 6th round. 

48 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I know, but sometimes this $hit comes outta left field when it comes to the draft...I personally wouldn't expect anything too crazy, but ya never know...Maybe 1 of the more coveted guys slips to 6th (crosses fingers).

Could happen I’m sure some guys will just pretty sure it won’t be byram and turcotte unfortunately 

8 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Can you think of another reason they wouldn't allow teams to speak with Trouba's camp? If he was willing to sign and trade, they could have gotten a hell of a lot more in the trade.

Also, why wasn't there a conditional pick included based on an extension? It just doesn't add up. I knew they wouldn't get near as much as some were suggesting, because of the circumstances, but this was a very underwhelming return for the Jets.

Haha now some bruins media guy on twitter is saying his rangers source is saying extension will come ... ya me too my rangers source says trouba is ignoring phone calls at the moment lmao

these people man , if the jets would have let rangers sign they’d have got a much bigger return than a 20th pick and pionk f*** they know he doesn’t wanna sign with anyone cause he’s either coming to Detroit my guess or Florida for his wife , if he wanted to stay in New York they’d have begun negotiators before the move 

3 minutes ago, Buppy said:

It has little to do with being Russian. Some to do with being committed to the KHL for 2 years, and a whole lot to do with not scoring any points. Plus that every highlight reel of him is pretty much one play repeated 30 times from different angles and speeds. Seen that clip so many times I'm starting to fantasize that the next time I see it, one of those defenders will morph into Scott Stevens and flatten the little f***** for having his head down.

Kids going to go in the top 15, probably top 10, in a loaded draft, mostly because of one tournament. Let's not pretend anyone thinks he should go in the 6th round. 

In the back of your mind I’m sure being Russian has an effect although you don’t think it does , you just brought up the khl bulls*** .... you think most of the kids drafted 6-10 will be ready right away? It’s gonna take 1-2 years anyways so who gives a crap and one bad tournament doesn’t mean anything , same replay playing over and over lmfao you clearly haven’t watched enough videos online , maybe you should before being quick to dismiss the kid. 

It’s clear to anyone with eyes the kid has unbelievable talent and add to that the kid is relentless and never stops, how many star players we always say are lazy and don’t give a s***? We’ll never get that with podkolzin , whoever lands him will be happy trust me 

lets not pretend you you know what your talking about when it comes to the guy when you’ve watched a whole video on ... it’s a shame man 

9 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Doesn't really matter. They have a year now to convince him to stay. I wouldn't get my hopes up until he comes out and says he wants to go to free agency.

39 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Not really Poink is decent 2nd/3rd pair guy, he's 23 and put points up and wasn't too bad defensively on a horrid Rangers team.  The Jets have like 3 or 4 picks this entire draft so that 1st is huge for them.  All for a guy whose had one foot out the door for 2 years.

10 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

In the back of your mind I’m sure being Russian has an effect although you don’t think it does , you just brought up the khl bulls*** .... you think most of the kids drafted 6-10 will be ready right away? It’s gonna take 1-2 years anyways so who gives a crap and one bad tournament doesn’t mean anything , same replay playing over and over lmfao you clearly haven’t watched enough videos online , maybe you should before being quick to dismiss the kid. 

It’s clear to anyone with eyes the kid has unbelievable talent and add to that the kid is relentless and never stops, how many star players we always say are lazy and don’t give a s***? We’ll never get that with podkolzin , whoever lands him will be happy trust me 

lets not pretend you you know what your talking about when it comes to the guy when you’ve watched a whole video on ... it’s a shame man 

No, in the back of my mind there's nothing but the burned-in image of Pod splitting those D to score that one goal he did that one time. I can't get it out.

You're acting like no one would draft him period. He's going to go pretty high, and right in the range where he deserves. You could make the same kind of argument for any of the kids in that 3-10 group or even 3-15. None of them are the top of everyone's list either. If he's still there at 35 and we take Vlasic instead, then you can say something. 

You're right, I don't know how Pod or anyone else will turn out. Neither do you. For that matter neither do the people who's job it is to know as much as possible. That's why we don't know who's going where yet.

5 minutes ago, Buppy said:

No, in the back of my mind there's nothing but the burned-in image of Pod splitting those D to score that one goal he did that one time. I can't get it out.

You're acting like no one would draft him period. He's going to go pretty high, and right in the range where he deserves. You could make the same kind of argument for any of the kids in that 3-10 group or even 3-15. None of them are the top of everyone's list either. If he's still there at 35 and we take Vlasic instead, then you can say something. 

You're right, I don't know how Pod or anyone else will turn out. Neither do you. For that matter neither do the people who's job it is to know as much as possible. That's why we don't know who's going where yet.

Well maybe you should watch other videos besides that goal lol , maybe it’s entrenched in your mind cause you liked the goal so much

oh I know someone will draft him don’t you worry , I’m afraid of us being one of those teams that look stupid for passing on him

if podkolzin is still there at 35 and we take vlasic I can’t say s***? Lmfao first off it won’t happen and second if it does I think I And many hockey fans who see their favourite teams pass on anhiu cause he’s Russian can and will lose their s*** 

and yet the hate is real

17 minutes ago, mackel said:

Not really Poink is decent 2nd/3rd pair guy, he's 23 and put points up and wasn't too bad defensively on a horrid Rangers team.  The Jets have like 3 or 4 picks this entire draft so that 1st is huge for them.  All for a guy whose had one foot out the door for 2 years.

Dude that’s a horrific trade back if he ends up signing longterm ... go look at trade deadline moves , jets got exactly what they’d have gotten if today was trade deadline day, this isn’t a trade the jets get if he’s locked to 8 yrs 

jets didn’t allow them to talk cause they know where trouba’s head is at ... July 2020

23 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Well maybe you should watch other videos besides that goal lol , maybe it’s entrenched in your mind cause you liked the goal so much

oh I know someone will draft him don’t you worry , I’m afraid of us being one of those teams that look stupid for passing on him

if podkolzin is still there at 35 and we take vlasic I can’t say s***? Lmfao first off it won’t happen and second if it does I think I And many hockey fans who see their favourite teams pass on anhiu cause he’s Russian can and will lose their s*** 

and yet the hate is real

I tried to google him, but the only result I get is "that thing he did that one time". Guess it's kind of hard to put together much of a highlight reel when you score like 4 goals all year.

No team is going to look stupid for drafting a kid with elite potential over a different kid with elite potential, regardless of how either kid ultimately pans out. If we look stupid, it won't be for passing on Pod. It will be for passing on all but 3 of Byram, Turcotte, Cozens, Zegras, Dach, Caufield, Pod, Boldy, plus maybe Krebs, Newhook, Seider, and Broberg.

But obviously this is a pointless debate. He scored a neat goal once, so now you think he's the best player in the draft. I get it. It was neat.

17 minutes ago, Buppy said:

I tried to google him, but the only result I get is "that thing he did that one time". Guess it's kind of hard to put together much of a highlight reel when you score like 4 goals all year.

No team is going to look stupid for drafting a kid with elite potential over a different kid with elite potential, regardless of how either kid ultimately pans out. If we look stupid, it won't be for passing on Pod. It will be for passing on all but 3 of Byram, Turcotte, Cozens, Zegras, Dach, Caufield, Pod, Boldy, plus maybe Krebs, Newhook, Seider, and Broberg.

But obviously this is a pointless debate. He scored a neat goal once, so now you think he's the best player in the draft. I get it. It was neat.

16:30 mark ... smart smart man 

im sure you were hoping we could of landed Alexandre daigle back in the day , you know there’s more to evaluating players than stats alone right ? Drafting is a projection of what players will be, not looking at #s and being like oh he’s a goodie me wants

thats f***en ridiculous , if we draft say cozens and he becomes a 15 goal scoring 3rd line winger and podkolzin becomes a nhl star , and zegras gets 15 goals and 70 assists a year how the f*** wouldn’t we look stupid?thats the s*** that gets scouts fired 

Why you adding broberg,seider,newhook like they have any chance of being #6 right now , I know you don’t like the kid but it’s getting ridiculous you might as well put in spencer knight at #6 over those guys

it is a pointless debate your so obliviously a Russian hater who watched one simple video of a goal , if you haven’t done your due diligence on the kid say so or just say you hate Russians and be done with it

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

50 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

16:30 mark ... smart smart man 

im sure you were hoping we could of landed Alexandre daigle back in the day , you know there’s more to evaluating players than stats alone right ? Drafting is a projection of what players will be, not looking at #s and being like oh he’s a goodie me wants

thats f***en ridiculous , if we draft say cozens and he becomes a 15 goal scoring 3rd line winger and podkolzin becomes a nhl star , and zegras gets 15 goals and 70 assists a year how the f*** wouldn’t we look stupid?thats the s*** that gets scouts fired 

Why you adding broberg,seider,newhook like they have any chance of being #6 right now , I know you don’t like the kid but it’s getting ridiculous you might as well put in spencer knight at #6 over those guys

it is a pointless debate your so obliviously a Russian hater who watched one simple video of a goal , if you haven’t done your due diligence on the kid say so or just say you hate Russians and be done with it

I know exactly what you mean. It's like that one time when he skated right between those two defenders without getting touched, but then he fell down anyway, but then it was ok because he shot the puck from his knees and scored a goal. How neat was that? So neat, is how neat it was. Plus the way then the exact same thing was also recorded from a different angle. Super-duper neat. Then just when you think it couldn't possibly get any neater, the first angle also happened zoomed-in and in slow motion. Boom. That was the sound of my head exploding from neatness overload.

1 minute ago, Buppy said:

I know exactly what you mean. It's like that one time when he skated right between those two defenders without getting touched, but then he fell down anyway, but then it was ok because he shot the puck from his knees and scored a goal. How neat was that? So neat, is how neat it was. Plus the way then the exact same thing was also recorded from a different angle. Super-duper neat. Then just when you think it couldn't possibly get any neater, the first angle also happened zoomed-in and in slow motion. Boom. That was the sound of my head exploding from neatness overload.

You need a few more of those 12% beers in you