• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2019 Draft

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Who is this guy? Is there any truth to Yzerman wanting to move down? I sure hope not...

3 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

I'm too lazy to actually listen. Is it just speculation?

I haven't listened and I don't want to because I hate listening to Canadian talking heads speak. But some people are saying this guy is a total dingus and I'm inclined to believe them, which in turn makes me disinclined to believe this guy.

Maybe Yzerman is in fact looking to trade down, but I'm not going to assume it's the case until I hear it from a couple of truly credible sources.

Who’s this f***en guy? It’s the wings desire to trade back and not canucks so we take soderstrom or seider? Lmao ya I find it very hard to believe, we wouldn’t be drafting the best player available at this point and drafting for a position of need 

rather we trade up and take bjornfot at that point and not be stupid 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

22 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I haven't listened and I don't want to because I hate listening to Canadian talking heads speak. But some people are saying this guy is a total dingus and I'm inclined to believe them, which in turn makes me disinclined to believe this guy.

Maybe Yzerman is in fact looking to trade down, but I'm not going to assume it's the case until I hear it from a couple of truly credible sources.

JD Burke - "Source" has informed him that it's more so Yzerman that wants to move down, than Benning wanting to move up. Yzerman initiated contact...

- I bet...

JDB - Yzerman wants to draft for need (a defenseman), and wants to move back to take a Soderstrom or Seider...

- Yzerman has stressed BPA. That hasn't changed...

JDB - There's a chance that Byram could fall to 6...

- In which case, Yzerman would never trade the pick...

JDB - Byram, Turcotte or Zegras would be Benning's target...

- Byram and Turcotte are all but guaranteed to be gone top 5. Zegras is 50/50...

JDB - The Red Wings are looking good on the left side of their defense with Cholowski and Hronek, which is why they might be interested in one of the righties...

- Hronek is a righty, you idiot!

JDB - If Byram or Turcotte are available, Canucks would have to pay a premium...

- Well, no s***!

JDB - Canucks could use Jett Woo, or late round picks as sweeteners...

- LOL WTF???

JDB - Red Wings prospect pool is poor, due to lack of picks over the past few years...

- Yeah, this guy is a complete ass hat...

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

JD Burke - "Source" has informed him that it's more so Yzerman that wants to move down, than Benning wanting to move up. Yzerman initiated contact...

- I bet...

JDB - Yzerman wants to draft for need (a defenseman), and wants to move back to take a Soderstrom or Seider...

- Yzerman has stressed BPA. That hasn't changed...

JDB - There's a chance that Byram could fall to 6...

- In which case, Yzerman would never trade the pick...

JDB - Byram, Turcotte or Zegras would be Benning's target...

- Byram and Turcotte are all but guaranteed to be gone top 5. Zegras is 50/50...

JDB - The Red Wings are looking good on the left side of their defense with Cholowski and Hronek, which is why they might be interested in one of the righties...

- Hronek is a righty, you idiot!

JDB - If Byram or Turcotte are available, Canucks would have to pay a premium...

- Well, no s***!

JDB - Canucks could use Jett Woo, or late round picks as sweeteners...

- LOL WTF???

JDB - Red Wings prospect pool is poor, due to lack of picks over the past few years...

- Yeah, this guy is a complete ass hat...

d9q75iv.gif

6 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Ok, let's say Yzerman WANTS to draft a D, Byram is gone before 6, so would you deal with Vancouver if the exchange was #6 for #10, #40 and Jett Woo? Then draft best D available at #10?

Unless Yzerman and his scouts legitimately believe that Soderstrom / Seider / Broberg is the best player on the board, and knows they would be available at 10, it would be a mistake in my opinion. I just don't see Yzerman drafting for need. It's never been his M.O.

We need elite talent, quality over quantity. Take best player available.

Picture THESE awesome draft day trade scenarios:

to VAN: 2019 6th overall pick

to DET: 2019 10th, 2019 40th, Jett Woo

to TPA: 2019 5th Round Pick (much needed cap relief)

to DET: 2019 27th overall, Ryan Callahan

to VEG: 2019 6th round pick (MUCH MUCH needed Cap relief)

to DET: 2019 17th overall pick, David Clarkson contract 

Detroit trades the #6, #143, #159 acquires: #10, #17, #27, #40

giving them THREE 1st round picks, FOUR 2nd total. This is really not out of the realm of possibility. Even if Jett Woo wasn't part of the Vancouver deal, this would be a hell of a haul for Yzerman and The Detroit Red Wings.  Although thinking about it, Clarkson is LTIR, so it doesn't impact their cap, but Vegas sure as heck needs relief! Maybe there is somebody else we can take of their hands? 

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Unless Yzerman and his scouts legitimately believe that Soderstrom / Seider / Broberg is the best player on the board, and knows they would be available at 10, it would be a mistake in my opinion. I just don't see Yzerman drafting for need. It's never been his M.O.

We need elite talent, quality over quantity. Take best player available.

There should be a few BPA's at 10 then.  Maybe he likes 6-7 of them, the top 2 (assuming those are Byram and Cozens) are gone, maybe he'd still accommodate Vancouver and still have a player he likes at 10.  If Caufield is one of those players, he will probably still be there at 10.

13 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

There should be a few BPA's at 10 then.  Maybe he likes 6-7 of them, the top 2 (assuming those are Byram and Cozens) are gone, maybe he'd still accommodate Vancouver and still have a player he likes at 10.  If Caufield is one of those players, he will probably still be there at 10.

BPA = Best Player Available.

No team should have 6-7 best players on their list... Sure, there are going to be really good players at 10 and later, but I'm of the opinion that we need to take the best player available, unless a team is willing to massively overpay...

4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

That's my f***ing point...

No one said any of these "asks" are reasonable. How often do you think trade talks get nixed because the ask is too high? All. the. f***ing. time...

If we wanted to move up to 3 or 4 to draft Byram. The ask might be our 6th plus Hronek. Would we do it? Hell no! But why would they ask for anything less? I'm sure they're quite content to make their pick, just like I'm sure Yzerman will be content to make his pick at 6.

Unless, his target is Podkolzin or Broberg, which I highly doubt is the case...

Indeed.

If the Canucks are gonna want our 6th - they'ii have to pay - so naturally ask for the moon, and maybe Yzerman gets it? Sure some, or all of our 2nd round picks might be in play too, but for a legit hi-end prospect (like Quin Hughes) it would be worth it.

I'm expecting an interesting Friday night, and weekend...Should be fun.

4 minutes ago, BringBack19 said:

I wouldn’t mind moving down and taking one of Krebs, Newhook, or of Podkolzin. 

Just hypothetical would the 6 & AA be enough for 10 and Hughes? I’m not very good at predicting trades so thoughts... 

:lol: none of us are!

I wouldn't want to trade AA personally, but if it seems it'll be hard to re-sign him, I would try:

to VAN: AA, #6, #66

to DET: Hughes, #10, #40.

(this is, of course, after shooting for the moon asking for Hughes and #10 for #6)

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

:lol: none of us are!

I wouldn't want to trade AA personally, but if it seems it'll be hard to re-sign him, I would try:

to VAN: AA, #6, #66

to DET: Hughes, #10, #40.

(this is, of course, after shooting for the moon asking for Hughes and #10 for #6)

Like everyone else I haven't a clue as to how this would go down...That said would it take our #6, 35th, 54th, and 60th for their 10th, and Q. Hughes?

23 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

BPA = Best Player Available.

No team should have 6-7 best players on their list... Sure, there are going to be really good players at 10 and later, but I'm of the opinion that we need to take the best player available, unless a team is willing to massively overpay...

I get it, but if 3 or 4 of the 7 kids he likes are still projected to be there at 10, then take the BPA of that bunch.

Ok, so we have Larkin as our #1.  If Veleno continues to project as our #2, and then Yzerman drafts a C (Zegres maybe) does that mean AA is back to wing, or is he trade bait for a top D?  Honestly, for a team looking to cut cap and are offering theoir 1st round PLUS to do so, what do you think we could get in return for AA and the #6? I've put in the pick, so go ahead and add the player(s.)

from Vegas: #17, 

from Tampa: #27, 

from Nashville: #24,

From Arizona: #14,

from Toronto: (Toronto does not have a 1st, so it would be young players)

from Edmonton: #8, 

Edited by LeftWinger

25 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Like everyone else I haven't a clue as to how this would go down...That said would it take our #6, 35th, 54th, and 60th for their 10th, and Q. Hughes?

I feel that's too much quantity, not enough quality. Hughes is only one year removed from being drafted 7th overall and has done nothing to indicate that was too high yet. If he were to struggle this coming year in the NHL, and a trade like this were discussed next year, it would feel more likely. But Vancouver is probably still too high on him for a trade that is basically just compiling extra prospects who aren't as highly touted as him. 

2 minutes ago, Euro_Twins said:

If byram is available at 5 what do you trade to get that pick?

EVERYTHING!!!

Nah, at that point I'd hope LA take one of the big centers from the Dub, and Byram drops to us at 6. If not, take best player available.

6 minutes ago, Euro_Twins said:

If byram is available at 5 what do you trade to get that pick?

I'd be okay with 6th and 60th for 5th.. if it took any more than that, I agree with what KRS said.

that is, if we're the ones calling LA about the pick. If LA is calling us about moving down a spot, I'd think it's because they want a center and have multiple options. in that case, I'd just wait it out.