• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2019 Draft

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

EVERYTHING!!!

Nah, at that point I'd hope LA take one of the big centers from the Dub, and Byram drops to us at 6. If not, take best player available.

They probably will, after Colorado takes Byram. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

6 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

They probably will, after Colorado takes Byram. 

That's pretty much how I see it going down as well...

1. NJD - Hughes
2. NYR - Kakko
3. CHI - Turcotte
4. COL - Byram
5. LAK - Dach
6. DET - Cozens? Zegras? Podkolzin? Trade back???

31 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I still have Chicago taking Cozens, if only because I want to be contrarian.

That could very well happen, but I believe it’ll be Turcotte, or Byram.

As for Yzerman potentially not taking the bpa, and instead going for a specific need :g:

Makes me think...Was Cholo considered a bpa by Holland,   and the Scouts, or was he a need?

I’m thinking bpa, but considering he was looked at as a 2nd rounder...

Edited by F.Michael

39 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

That's pretty much how I see it going down as well...

1. NJD - Hughes
2. NYR - Kakko
3. CHI - Turcotte
4. COL - Byram
5. LAK - Dach
6. DET - Cozens? Zegras? Podkolzin? Trade back???

Been hearing dach to Colorado a lot lately , not sure I believe it but it would suck balls if byram was taken 5th , such a f***en tease 

sam cosentino was on hockeycentral talking about wildcard players and mentioned podkolzin who he’d take at #3 ... not that any of you care but thought I’d post it lol

lavoie and kaliyev also are wild cards in the first he mentioned , both guys who can score and basically do not much else.... last parts my opinion not his

also said after pick 22 a lot of players differ on lists and expect teams to move back to get picks , guessing that won’t be us cause I can’t imagine us moving the 35th

Doesnt See knight going past 16

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

15 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Been hearing dach to Colorado a lot lately , not sure I believe it but it would suck balls if byram was taken 5th , such a f***en tease 

sam cosentino was on hockeycentral talking about wildcard players and mentioned podkolzin who he’d take at #3 ...

Best case scenario, the draft goes the way of Button's mock up until the Los Angelespick , and they take Podkolzin, leaving Byram to Detroit...

34 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yes, I would, but I doubt they will.

Just sucks cause as much as I like podkolzin and think he’s gonna be a star and teams will regret passing on him our biggest need has been d since lidstrom left so byram is much needed..... if only we took one over mountain man Rasmussen lol.... oh well

28 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Just sucks cause as much as I like podkolzin and think he’s gonna be a star and teams will regret passing on him our biggest need has been d since lidstrom left so byram is much needed..... if only we took one over mountain man Rasmussen lol.... oh well

6 or 7 years from now Detroit will be playing Colorado and Rasmussen, standing in front of Colorado's net, is just going to reach down and pick Byram up and eat him in two bites. Then he'll score 6 goals on the PP. 

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

6 or 7 years from now Detroit will be playing Colorado and Rasmussen, standing in front of Colorado's net, is just going to reach down and pick Byram up and eat him in two bites. Then he'll score 6 goals on the PP. 

Byram will beat his a**

15 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

His 6 total goals scored during the season all vs Colorado Lol 

SN960's Chris Johnson feels that Vegas will move one of Stastny or Pacioretty to clear cap.

if they included the #17 pick, would you take 2 years of Stastny? Or maybe move him again at the TDL...

41 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

best 2 way center in the draft? I'm listening....

4 hours ago, F.Michael said:

That could very well happen, but I believe it’ll be Turcotte, or Byram.

As for Yzerman potentially not taking the bpa, and instead going for a specific need :g:

Makes me think...Was Cholo considered a bpa by Holland,   and the Scouts, or was he a need?

I’m thinking bpa, but considering he was looked at as a 2nd rounder...

Cholowski seemed a lot like best defenseman available iirc. But could very well have been the best player in our scouts eyes. A lot harder to predict who BPA might be at 20 than where we pick these days. 

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

SN960's Chris Johnson feels that Vegas will move one of Stastny or Pacioretty to clear cap.

if they included the #17 pick, would you take 2 years of Stastny? Or maybe move him again at the TDL...

best 2 way center in the draft? I'm listening....

I wouldn't even think twice. It probably wouldn't take close to that much to offload his contract. 

37 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

So with Callahan being off the market who can we take ? Clarkson And marleau? Anyone else? We gotta get one of these chumps for picks lol

I missed where they said Callahan was off. But I'd take Marleau and a top prospect, also I'd be in on Stastny.

edit: NM, I see Tampa did the ol' LTIR with Callahan. Aka, they did The Hossa.

Edited by LeftWinger

3 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

His 6 total goals scored during the season all vs Colorado Lol 

Not to wander too deep into futile territory here but you do know that the only thing keeping Rasmussen from being a perennial 20+ goal scorer in a few years would be if he lost one or both of his arms/legs. You know this, right? He may not be a center or a top 3 forward. But he'll score 20 just by getting up each day. 

11 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Not to wander too deep into futile territory here but you do know that the only thing keeping Rasmussen from being a perennial 20+ goal scorer in a few years would be if he lost one or both of his arms/legs. You know this, right? He may not be a center or a top 3 forward. But he'll score 20 just by getting up each day. 

Well let’s hope he doesn’t catch anything lol

seriously though didn’t like the pick when it happened , still think we should have picked a d but I hope he proves me wrong and gets 30