• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2019 Draft

Rate this topic

43 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Notice where Broberg is?

34 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

We should have kept Holland around and maybe we would be drafting your boy Broberg...

Many 'poker faces' starting with Chicago...I could be wrong, but it appears that this draft has had more 'ups & downs' with regards as to who are the top 10.

4 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

SN960's Chris Johnson feels that Vegas will move one of Stastny or Pacioretty to clear cap.

if they included the #17 pick, would you take 2 years of Stastny? Or maybe move him again at the TDL...

Are you high, or do you not know who Paul Stastny is?

He put up 42 points in 50 games this year. Injury aside his contract was a bargain, and even if he were to fall back to 45-50 point range it isn't notably bad. Someone will pay them to get him, not the other way around.

39 minutes ago, Buppy said:

Are you high, or do you not know who Paul Stastny is?

He put up 42 points in 50 games this year. Injury aside his contract was a bargain, and even if he were to fall back to 45-50 point range it isn't notably bad. Someone will pay them to get him, not the other way around.

I'm not the one who needs the severe cap relief. if they don't want to entice me to give them relief, or 29 other teams, they can stay over the cap and be forced to waive someone. I don't need Stastny, they need cap space.

20 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Secret is out, i guess.

Mock drafts just can't help but link Holland to a Swede, even though the only time he ever took one in the first round was Kronwall, because people remember that time when the Wings had a bunch of Swedish players.

10 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I'm not the one who needs the severe cap relief. if they don't want to entice me to give them relief, or 29 other teams, they can stay over the cap and be forced to waive someone. I don't need Stastny, they need cap space.

Which might mean slightly more than jack s*** if you were the only team in the league. Unfortunately for you, you're not and the other 29 teams aren't going to collude to let you f*** over Vegas. Sorry to shatter your dreams. By your deranged logic, NY didn't "need" Trouba, so WPG should have had to be the one to pay.

Look, I'm not going to expect you to understand reality or become a sane person or any other fanciful notion, and in the highlight reel of "Bats*** Stupid Stuff Leftwinger Has Said" this probably wouldn't make the Vol.3 DVD Extras section, but trust me: Stastny is an asset some team will want.

13 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

That's pretty much how I see it going down as well...

1. NJD - Hughes
2. NYR - Kakko
3. CHI - Turcotte
4. COL - Byram
5. LAK - Dach
6. DET - Cozens? Zegras? Podkolzin? Trade back???

Just curious, what are your thoughts on Cole Caufield? I havent been following the draft too much, but I just watched Bob McKenzie's draft preview and among the guys in our range, him and Dach got my interest. McKenzie called him easily the best goal scorer in the draft.

18 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

JD Burke - "Source" has informed him that it's more so Yzerman that wants to move down, than Benning wanting to move up. Yzerman initiated contact...

- I bet...

JDB - Yzerman wants to draft for need (a defenseman), and wants to move back to take a Soderstrom or Seider...

- Yzerman has stressed BPA. That hasn't changed...

JDB - There's a chance that Byram could fall to 6...

- In which case, Yzerman would never trade the pick...

JDB - Byram, Turcotte or Zegras would be Benning's target...

- Byram and Turcotte are all but guaranteed to be gone top 5. Zegras is 50/50...

JDB - The Red Wings are looking good on the left side of their defense with Cholowski and Hronek, which is why they might be interested in one of the righties...

- Hronek is a righty, you idiot!

JDB - If Byram or Turcotte are available, Canucks would have to pay a premium...

- Well, no s***!

JDB - Canucks could use Jett Woo, or late round picks as sweeteners...

- LOL WTF???

JDB - Red Wings prospect pool is poor, due to lack of picks over the past few years...

- Yeah, this guy is a complete ass hat...

Indeed there is a match between DET & VAN.

Benning wants to move up to walk away with Trevor Zegras.  Zegras tops  VAN's wish  list. 

Yzerman wants to move down to draft the best RHD in this years draft class, Moritz Seider.

I don't know why users here don't get what JD Burke said: "Yzerman initiated contact........"

You guys should'a know better, Ted Kulfan reported earlier this month that the Detroit Red Wings want to draft a future all star defenseman.

Good luck with your draft pick - u guys need some luck after taking Zadina ahead of Hughes.

Laugh my ass off ....

;)

Edited by wolfgang durst

12 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I missed where they said Callahan was off. But I'd take Marleau and a top prospect, also I'd be in on Stastny.

edit: NM, I see Tampa did the ol' LTIR with Callahan. Aka, they did The Hossa.

I'd take Marleau plus a prospect. But he said he'll only play for Toronto or San Jose. So we'd be buying him out. It'd have to be REALLY worth it. Maybe if they gave us Liljegren or Sandin, plus a buyout of Marleau for a late pick.. But I don't see them giving up either of those guys with the state of their defense. 

I really don't think Vegas will get rid of Stastny. They'll likely trade someone like Smith first.

8 hours ago, Buppy said:

Which might mean slightly more than jack s*** if you were the only team in the league. Unfortunately for you, you're not and the other 29 teams aren't going to collude to let you f*** over Vegas. Sorry to shatter your dreams. By your deranged logic, NY didn't "need" Trouba, so WPG should have had to be the one to pay.

Look, I'm not going to expect you to understand reality or become a sane person or any other fanciful notion, and in the highlight reel of "Bats*** Stupid Stuff Leftwinger Has Said" this probably wouldn't make the Vol.3 DVD Extras section, but trust me: Stastny is an asset some team will want.

and it was gonna cost AA and our #6 for Trouba or similar from others, until it didn't. anything can happen, you don't have to be crazy to believe that. just when you think you have things figured out, it's all turned upside down. But thank you for reminding me what's more important. 

5 hours ago, kliq said:

Just curious, what are your thoughts on Cole Caufield? I havent been following the draft too much, but I just watched Bob McKenzie's draft preview and among the guys in our range, him and Dach got my interest. McKenzie called him easily the best goal scorer in the draft.

I wouldn't hate if we drafted Caufield, but he's probably 4th or 5th on my list (not including Hughes, Kakko, Byram and Turcotte)... He probably is one of the better pure goal scorers in this year's draft class (Kaliyev being close behind), but both are in that 3rd tier of players for me.

I want one of Zegras or Cozens (assuming the top 4 guys are gone). I flip-flop between the two, depending on the day. I've been warming up to Dach as well. 

5 hours ago, wolfgang durst said:

Benning wants to move up to walk away with Trevor Zegras.  Zegras tops  VAN's wish  list. 

Yzerman wants to move down to draft the best RHD in this years draft class, Moritz Seider.

I don't know why users here don't get what JD Burke said: "Yzerman initiated contact........"

Until a reputable source comes out with a quote from Yzerman, stating that he "wants the best right-handed defenseman in this year's class", I'm going to call bulls***. Yzerman will take best player available, regardless of position. If he and his staff believe that Sieder is the best player available (I doubt it), then I'm sure he would look to trade back. I'm sure Zegras or Cozens or Dach or Podkolzin are ahead of Seider (or any other defenseman outside of Byram), and if Benning wants to trade up, it's going to cost.

You can trust this JD Burke guy and his unnamed source if you like. I don't.

5 hours ago, wolfgang durst said:

You guys should'a know better, Ted Kulfan reported earlier this month that the Detroit Red Wings want to draft a future all star defenseman.

Good luck with your draft pick - u guys need some luck after taking Zadina ahead of Hughes.

Laugh my ass off ....

;)

Hey. Welcome to LGWs.com!!

Now go f*** off 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

Pierre McGuire said he’d be shocked if hawks would pass on byram but he thinks there going big center and possibly turcotte or dach(that’s the first time I heard his name with hawks) 

ok everyone here by now knows how much I love podkolzin and think he’ll be a star but we desperately need dhelp and byram would be perfection with the state of our team , assuming Colorado are looking for a center which are the rumours what can we send them realistically to make them consider and be ok with either dach,cozens,turcotte,zegras ? Cause l.a would realistically take one of the remaining  3 after Chicago picks  ....think they’d consider taking athanasiou to move back 2 spots ? 

Say turcotte goes as been rumoured 

dach/athanasiou .... zegras/athanasiou .... cozens/athanasiou  or just the prospect alone , I mean all depends if they desperately want one prospect over the others but you’d have to think athanasiou next to mackinnon next season would create some havoc ?Ughhh why am I doing this lol byram won’t go to Detroit fack haha 

assuming byram/turcotte gone .....Would anybody here consider trading back as much as 10th and pick someone who’s suppose to be a bonafied superstar goalie in spencer knight ?? nothings ever sure but if someone said this guy will be 110% the next  Carey price minus taking nights off at times lol ... I think we’d have to seriously consider it especially if we can also add a few more 2nds to move back a few times , that being said might also cause a headache with the cap down the road with a goalie commanding 8-12 per 

assuming byram and turcotte are gone 

1-podkolzin ... 2-zegras .... 3-Boldy....4-knight ...5-caufield ... 6-seider 

one of those become a redwing tonight and my tv will be safe haha

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Im disappointed to hear Yzerman say BPA.  To me, that is a dumb term.  A GM and a team of scouts should be drafting based on THEIR work.  Not based on prospect lists.  

"We have a great team of scouts, and there are some guys we are looking to draft before anyother team knows just how good we think theyre going to be."

Thats what you say.  Not:

"We are going to go off the list.  Anybody could do this.  We almost thought about doing this on video conference to save time.  Theres really nothing to it."

Provided we don't trade back, i think I've settled my wish list to:

1. Byram
2. Zegras
3. Turcotte
4. Caufield 
5. Podkolzin
6. Cozens

I keep going back and forth between the last three every time I think about it, so they're pretty interchangeable for me, but I'd be happy with any of these guys.

36 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

assuming byram/turcotte gone .....Would anybody here consider trading back as much as 10th and pick someone who’s suppose to be a bonafied superstar goalie in spencer knight ?? nothings ever sure but if someone said this guy will be 110% the next  Carey price minus taking nights off at times lol ... I think we’d have to seriously consider it especially if we can also add a few more 2nds to move back a few times , that being said might also cause a headache with the cap down the road with a goalie commanding 8-12 per 

assuming byram and turcotte are gone 

1-podkolzin ... 2-zegras .... 3-Boldy....4-knight ...5-caufield ... 6-seider 

one of those become a redwing tonight and my tv will be safe haha

The last thing this team needs is a goaltender. As good as Knight is projected to be, I'd be a little pissed (to say the least) if we took a goaltender with our first pick.

28 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Im disappointed to hear Yzerman say BPA.  To me, that is a dumb term.  A GM and a team of scouts should be drafting based on THEIR work.  Not based on prospect lists.  

"We have a great team of scouts, and there are some guys we are looking to draft before anyother team knows just how good we think theyre going to be."

Thats what you say.  Not:

"We are going to go off the list.  Anybody could do this.  We almost thought about doing this on video conference to save time.  Theres really nothing to it."

What the f*** are you talking about?

They are drafting based on THEIR work. Best player available according to their personal list...

What prospect list do you think teams are looking at for BPA? What, do you think there's a communal list past around by all general managers and they either decide to take the next guy on that list, or randomly go off the board?...

Who creates this "list"? The Bobfather? :lol:

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

The last thing this team needs is a goaltender. As good as Knight is projected to be, I'd be a little pissed (to say the least) if we took a goaltender with our first pick.

They are drafting based on THEIR work. Best player available according to their personal list...

What prospect list do you think teams are looking at for BPA? What, do you think there's a communal list past around by all general managers and they either decide to take the next guy on that list, or randomly go off the board?...

Thats how they make it seem when they use that term.  We dont need 20 straight drafts of bpa.  We need calculated draft picks that make the team elite in all aspects od the game.  Having a corral of wingers that can score from the right dot and none that can from the left dot is STUPID.  Take the player that best helps your team.

Edited by Jonas Mahonas

4 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Thats how they make it seem when they use that term.  We dont need 20 straight drafts of bpa.  We need calculated draft picks that make the team elite in all aspects od the game.  Having a corral of wingers that can score from the right dot and none that can from the left dot is STUPID.  Take the player that best helps your team.

No, taking a player of need instead of best player available in the 1st (and even 2nd) round is dumb. You can address needs later in the draft when it's more of a crapshoot.

If you have three players, a left-handed winger and a right-handed center and a right-handed defenseman, and all players are equal in the eyes of your scouts (that rarely happens), than you can take the player that best fits your team need. If your scouts view one of those players to be far and away the better player, you take that player, every. single. time...

We're not going to take Cozens or Dach just because we need right-handed forwards, and we're not going to take Broberg or Seider, just because we need defensemen. If Yzerman and his staff view Zegras or Podkolzin as the best player available, they should absolutely take one of them.

Take BPA via draft. Address need via trade.

31 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Ya but if this guy is a true star elite #1 how can we possibly go wrong? We’re hoping our 6th pick becomes a first line guy but nothings sure ... and yes we’re pumped with Larson and eliasson but again we don’t know what the future holds but if this kid turns into a price we might look stupid down the road for passing on him(not saying we take him at 6)

It wouldn’t just be knight though say we Somehow ended up with 38 and 41 trading back a few spots and ended up with knight kolyachonok tracey And not even including picks 35,53,60 ... something to think about 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

No, taking a player of need instead of best player available in the 1st (and even 2nd) round is dumb. You can address needs later in the draft when it's more of a crapshoot.

If you have three players, a left-handed winger and a right-handed center and a right-handed defenseman, and all players are equal in the eyes of your scouts (that rarely happens), than you can take the player that best fits your team need. If your scouts view one of those players to be far and away the better player, you take that player, every. single. time...

We're not going to take Cozens or Dach just because we need right-handed forwards, and we're not going to take Broberg or Seider, just because we need defensemen. If Yzerman and his staff view Zegras or Podkolzin as the best player available, they should absolutely take one of them.

Take BPA via draft. Address need via trade.

I just disagree with this mentality.  Thats ok, right?

3 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Ya but if this guy is a true star elite #1 how can we possibly go wrong? We’re hoping our 6th pick becomes a first line guy but nothings sure ... and yes we’re pumped with Larson and eliasson but again we don’t know what the future holds but if this kid turns into a price we might look stupid down the road for passing on him(not saying we take him at 6)

It wouldn’t just be knight though say we Somehow ended up with 38 and 41 trading back a few spots and ended up with knight kolyachonok tracey And not even including picks 35,53,60 ... something to think about 

I just think goaltenders are the hardest to predict of any position. I personally wouldn't take a goaltender in the first round, possibly first two rounds. I certainly wouldn't take one in the top 10.

Even if we were to use a couple 2nd round picks to move up into the first round, I'd rather target a player like Tomasino / Suzuki or Seider / Broberg / Soderstrom than take a chance on a goaltender.

There's just as much of a chance that Zegras becomes the next Datsyuk as there is Knight becomes the next Price. We have no idea what the future holds for any of these kids, but I'm hoping of the three really solid goalie prospects we have, at least one turns out to be a legit starter.

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I just disagree with this mentality.  Thats ok, right?

Sure.