• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2019 Draft

Rate this topic

10 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I just think goaltenders are the hardest to predict of any position. I personally wouldn't take a goaltender in the first round, possibly first two rounds. I certainly wouldn't take one in the top 10.

Even if we were to use a couple 2nd round picks to move up into the first round, I'd rather target a player like Tomasino / Suzuki or Seider / Broberg / Soderstrom than take a chance on a goaltender.

There's just as much of a chance that Zegras becomes the next Datsyuk as there is Knight becomes the next Price. We have no idea what the future holds for any of these kids, but I'm hoping of the three really solid goalie prospects we have, at least one turns out to be a legit starter.

Sure.

Is anything ever 100%? No but I’d say there’s a way higher chance of knight becoming the next price than zegras being a datsyuk , the way the people talk about knight he’s as sure as a future nhl star goalie as you can get , I understand some teams are scared off taking goalies earlier on but if you like someone a lot you just have to go with your gut . I’d have no problem for instance taking kotchekov at 60 (obviously depends who else might be on the board)

if we move up and get another pick we’d 110% have to target seider/broberg/soderstrom/harley ... one way or another we’re gonna have to address our need to add future dmen this draft 

hopefully we just give marleau his stupid’s bonus moneys and get the 1st from Toronto + and force our way into Clarkson etc... if it’s just one year deals I’d take all the garbage as possible so long as we add picks 

15 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I just think goaltenders are the hardest to predict of any position. I personally wouldn't take a goaltender in the first round, possibly first two rounds. I certainly wouldn't take one in the top 10.

Even if we were to use a couple 2nd round picks to move up into the first round, I'd rather target a player like Tomasino / Suzuki or Seider / Broberg / Soderstrom than take a chance on a goaltender.

There's just as much of a chance that Zegras becomes the next Datsyuk as there is Knight becomes the next Price. We have no idea what the future holds for any of these kids, but I'm hoping of the three really solid goalie prospects we have, at least one turns out to be a legit starter.

Wouldn't surprise me to see them take Sogaard or Wolf with one of their late 2nds 

4 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Im disappointed to hear Yzerman say BPA.  To me, that is a dumb term.  A GM and a team of scouts should be drafting based on THEIR work.  Not based on prospect lists.  

"We have a great team of scouts, and there are some guys we are looking to draft before anyother team knows just how good we think theyre going to be."

Thats what you say.  Not:

"We are going to go off the list.  Anybody could do this.  We almost thought about doing this on video conference to save time.  Theres really nothing to it."

‘The cow says “moo”.’

’Yzerman says “we’re looking at the bpa when we pick”.’

To me - it’s all semantics...Every team worth a damn employs several amateur scouts that covers N.America, and Europe...We all know that as human beings we all have our preferences...It’s a meeting of the minds during the days ahead of any particular draft that determines which player is deemed ‘bpa’...NHL final rankings - Button’s final rankings - etc - be damned...After the top 2, or 3 picks - anything can happen, and it can be a total crapshoot.

Yzerman has proven to be a more than competent GM in Tampa...I’m certain he’ll have his $hit together for tonight.

Lets Go Red Wings !!!

36 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Is anything ever 100%? No but I’d say there’s a way higher chance of knight becoming the next price than zegras being a datsyuk , the way the people talk about knight he’s as sure as a future nhl star goalie as you can get , I understand some teams are scared off taking goalies earlier on but if you like someone a lot you just have to go with your gut . I’d have no problem for instance taking kotchekov at 60 (obviously depends who else might be on the board)

I would say a player projected to go top 5-10 is more likely to be an impact player than a player projected to go top 15-25, but what do I know... If Knight were such a sure thing, and guaranteed top 3 goalie in the league, I'm sure he'd go in the top 5.

39 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

if we move up and get another pick we’d 110% have to target seider/broberg/soderstrom/harley ... one way or another we’re gonna have to address our need to add future dmen this draft 

I'd love to move up and grab any of those defensemen, especially Harley. I think he has the highest ceiling of any of those guys. I could see him becoming a Chabot type defenseman in a few years.

41 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

hopefully we just give marleau his stupid’s bonus moneys and get the 1st from Toronto + and force our way into Clarkson etc... if it’s just one year deals I’d take all the garbage as possible so long as we add picks 

Leafs don't have a 1st this year. Traded to LA for Muzzin.

24 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I would say a player projected to go top 5-10 is more likely to be an impact player than a player projected to go top 15-25, but what do I know... If Knight were such a sure thing, and guaranteed top 3 goalie in the league, I'm sure he'd go in the top 5.

I'd love to move up and grab any of those defensemen, especially Harley. I think he has the highest ceiling of any of those guys. I could see him becoming a Chabot type defenseman in a few years.

Leafs don't have a 1st this year. Traded to LA for Muzzin.

Teams like we’ve discussed are just weary of taking goalies early ... it’s become a position where you can pretty much win with average to good goalies not great , habs got a lot of s*** for taking price and it worked out fine just saying if someone truly believes he’s a #1 stud goalie then it’s not a risk taking him 10-15

hopefully something happens , I’m hoping to god we can take in some bad contracts for a year and add 2-3 1sts/2nds to use 

your right , been so much Callahan talk I was thinking of tampa’s 27 

14 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Teams like we’ve discussed are just weary of taking goalies early ... it’s become a position where you can pretty much win with average to good goalies not great , habs got a lot of s*** for taking price and it worked out fine just saying if someone truly believes he’s a #1 stud goalie then it’s not a risk taking him 10-15

hopefully something happens , I’m hoping to god we can take in some bad contracts for a year and add 2-3 1sts/2nds to use 

your right , been so much Callahan talk I was thinking of tampa’s 27 

Yeah, I guess I fall into that same mindset. I wouldn't take a goalie that early for the same reasons you mention.

I'm also very confident that one of Larsson, Eliasson or Petruzzelli will become a number one in a few years.

I wouldn't count on adding multiple picks at this point... Maybe one trade gets done on the floor, but aside from a trade up / back, I wouldn't count on any player movement from the Wings... Maybe though...

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, I guess I fall into that same mindset. I wouldn't take a goalie that early for the same reasons you mention.

I'm also very confident that one of Larsson, Eliasson or Petruzzelli will become a number one in a few years.

I wouldn't count on adding multiple picks at this point... Maybe one trade gets done on the floor, but aside from a trade up / back, I wouldn't count on any player movement from the Wings... Maybe though...

God I f***en hope they become star goalies I just don’t wanna leave anything to chance , if anything we’d have nice trade bait 

I think we need to add picks just saw on twitter not sure it’s true ... get ready to panic guys 

we like seider but don’t wanna draft him at 6 and would wanna move back .... Christ sake f*** , no problem with seider I think he can be a stud but for f*** we need to pick at #6 , unless that guy will be there at like 8(thinking podkolzin , whoever) and if we want that d so badly package players/picks to flyers 11 and take seider  f*** , flyers have a ton of d prospects and the way they been acting they wanna win now and + the flyers prior rumours 

flyers 11th is for the taking .... AA +3rd or whatever and we end up with

podkolzin/zegras/cozens(ugh) + seider 

for AA and 3rd 

we get a forward 7-8 years younger and a future dman who should be a stud at 6’4 ... that’s the move to make as much as people love athanasiou 

14 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

God I f***en hope they become star goalies I just don’t wanna leave anything to chance , if anything we’d have nice trade bait 

I think we need to add picks just saw on twitter not sure it’s true ... get ready to panic guys 

we like seider but don’t wanna draft him at 6 and would wanna move back .... Christ sake f*** , no problem with seider I think he can be a stud but for f*** we need to pick at #6 , unless that guy will be there at like 8(thinking podkolzin , whoever) and if we want that d so badly package players/picks to flyers 11 and take seider  f*** , flyers have a ton of d prospects and the way they been acting they wanna win now and + the flyers prior rumours 

flyers 11th is for the taking .... AA +3rd or whatever and we end up with

podkolzin/zegras/cozens(ugh) + seider 

for AA and 3rd 

we get a forward 7-8 years younger and a future dman who should be a stud at 6’4 ... that’s the move to make as much as people love athanasiou 

Link? Anyone reputable reporting this? Or just another JD Burke, or whatever the f*** his name is...

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Link? Anyone reputable reporting this? Or just another JD Burke, or whatever the f*** his name is...

It’s probably bulls*** you know how twitter is lol same guy from canucks who said we’d be willing to trade back with canucks maybe ... exactly jd Burke lol

if it is true though by some odd chance I’d much rather target flyers 11 to take seider ... with the flyers moves they’ve proven they want to win now and I’d ship them athanasiou as much as I like him in a heartbeat in a deal 

10 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

I'm gonna be really disappointed if we end up with Moritz Seider.

Unless of course we trade back with a rival, and get additional draft pick/s, or prospect/s...

Yeah - sounds like a distant cousin of Horwitz bros circa 1930...

Edited by F.Michael

24 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

I'm gonna be really disappointed if we end up with Moritz Seider.

I really like Seider, but not for our first pick in a pivotal draft, that should see us get a much better (at this time) prospect...

I feel like Spencer knight isn't falling further than the Panthers at 13 unless they trade back. I know they're rumored to be getting Bobrovski but that's far from guaranteed and it seems like there's a decent chance Luongo retires. 

21 minutes ago, amato said:

I feel like Spencer knight isn't falling further than the Panthers at 13 unless they trade back. I know they're rumored to be getting Bobrovski but that's far from guaranteed and it seems like there's a decent chance Luongo retires. 

I'd be surprised if he going before 20th.  I just don't see teams taking goalies in the top part of the 1st round.  Particularly one who played in an all-star team and was never really challenged all season.  Maybe the last 1/3 of the first round.  But  sooner would really surprise me.

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

I'd be surprised if he going before 20th.  I just don't see teams taking goalies in the top part of the 1st round.  Particularly one who played in an all-star team and was never really challenged all season.  Maybe the last 1/3 of the first round.  But  sooner would really surprise me.

Yeah it wouldn't surprise me to see Florida trade back and still get him. 

Guyssssssssssssss

its almost timeeeeeee , time crack open some beers to make sure we’re numb to the pain when our #6 pick comes and we get pissed off lmao

that being said anyone else outside Ryan Callahan,David Clarkson And Patrick marleau we can grab for a year to get some good picks ???

i know the flames wanna part with James Neal But at 6 per and four years left , f*** thatttt , only way I’d consider it is if we got a 1st back+ , ate 50% and sent him ellsewhere and for 2nd + but won’t happen 

what another garbage available? Haha 

anisimov 4.550x2? If they want panarin back they’d likely have to deal him

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Carolina seems like a good fit.

I’ve decided Byrum, Turcotte, and Dach are gonna be gone. We have a choice of Cozens, Pod, or Zegras.  Ever since someone a few pages back compared Pod to Zegras where Pod ate nails for Breakfast and Zegras baked Cupcakes I can’t back us picking him. That’s my entire reasoning for not liking him.  Once we pick him I’ll get my head around it and support him

25 minutes ago, HoweFan said:

I’ve decided Byrum, Turcotte, and Dach are gonna be gone. We have a choice of Cozens, Pod, or Zegras.  Ever since someone a few pages back compared Pod to Zegras where Pod ate nails for Breakfast and Zegras baked Cupcakes I can’t back us picking him. That’s my entire reasoning for not liking him.  Once we pick him I’ll get my head around it and support him

Hey man, whatchoo got against cupcakes?!