• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2019 Draft

Rate this topic

Stevie picks my fellow countryman. That's cool, but I think its too high. :confused:

Main point is, what the guys on the telecast just said...if you wanted him, just trade down 4-5 picks, could've still gotten him there.

But I like the kid, read a lot about him, very nice prospect.

Edited by The Datsyukian Deke

The only way this makes sense is of the rumors that Vancouver wanted to trade up weren't true or they weren't offering anything reasonable to do so.  They probably could have gotten Seider at 10.  I don't like it, but Yzerman did a good job at the draft in TB, and he did spend a lot of time on the road scouting, so maybe he saw something nobody else did.

Unconventional if not bold move to address our most nagging problem, D. The kid sounds tough and aggressive with some skill. When have had that on our D line in recent years? This is exactly the kind of move Holland would never have made. I like the change of pace and approach. Go Stevie. 

18 minutes ago, HoweFan said:

I like the pick.  I have to agree with Brian Burke that we could have gotten him at 10.  I'm sure Steve tried but a deal wasn't available.

I'm not so sure. Defenseman are drafted left and right in this first round.

Just now, nyqvististhefuture said:

Wanted seider but with another first we hopefully acquired but we’re gonna look like f***en morons when podkolzin is dominating the league with Petersson

and can’t believe nobody would trade up to 6 , flyers just for a 2nd for the 11th ...f***en Christ 

Holland probably wanted Seider at 8