• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2019 Draft

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Holland probably wanted Seider at 8

That’s what I heard , we easily went for need over the best player available schtick we throw out every year , think we could have targeted flyers 11 in a trade  and got seider there 

hope the kids amazing but he doesn’t end up a 1st pair guy we might look really foolish here 

On a a side note .... Disappointed we lost beecher and tracey late , hope we target puistola and fagemo

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

https://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2019/6/21/18703739/reaction-red-wings-first-round-is-baffling

It’s not that Moritz Seider is a BAD player. It’s that taking him at 6th overall, ahead of the players still on the board, is a huge mistake in terms of opportunity cost.

Imagine being this guy.

On 6/8/2019 at 10:55 AM, wolfgang durst said:

Haven't any of you heard it: Detroit is selecting Moritz Seider at #6. Not kidding. Just look into the HF Boards Moritz Seider thread.

Would be an excellent selection.

Feel so sorry about some fans who wanted to see Podkolzin in a Red Wings uniform.

I didn't believe it. 

Did anyone actually look at the hf boards thread?

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero

4 hours ago, rwing said:

Unconventional if not bold move to address our most nagging problem, D. The kid sounds tough and aggressive with some skill. When have had that on our D line in recent years? This is exactly the kind of move Holland would never have made. I like the change of pace and approach. Go Stevie. 

Didn't Holland essentially do this exact type of move in 2017 with Ras? Sure he's a forward, but everything else you're saying matches up.

5 hours ago, Wings3:16 said:

Whaaaaaat...paulie don't like that cracker

Believe me you will love this pick down the road:

Here is a quote from an european scouting service on Seider:

We think Moritz Seider is the safest bet to be a solid contributor in the NHL out of the pool of defensemen available in Europe this year, that’s why he has been the highest ranked defenseman on our list since last season. In fact, we have been scouting him for three years now and everything we have seen both in terms of capabilities and projection suggests to us he will be at least an NHL top-4 defenseman for a long time.

1 minute ago, wolfgang durst said:

Believe me you will love this pick down the road:

Here is a quote from an european scouting service on Seider:

We think Moritz Seider is the safest bet to be a solid contributor in the NHL out of the pool of defensemen available in Europe this year, that’s why he has been the highest ranked defenseman on our list since last season. In fact, we have been scouting him for three years now and everything we have seen both in terms of capabilities and projection suggests to us he will be at least an NHL top-4 defenseman for a long time.

A top 4 at 6th overall, when he should've gone between 11 and 15?  That doesn't make me feel better.

6 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

A top 4 at 6th overall, when he should've gone between 11 and 15?  That doesn't make me feel better.

TLGTrico:

the quote is saying "at least an NHL top 4 defenseman". There is a good chance that he will become a top pairing D-Man down the road.

RHD come at a premium. Just look at the recent right handed D-Men that were traded the last couple of days.

Ill say the exact same thing about this pick as I did about Ras back in 2017. While it may not look like the best choice right now, Ill wait to see what happens before I judge. I do trust Yzerman, and if he and his team saw something in the kid, I'm sure there is something there. I do wish he traded down though.

53 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

https://theathletic.com/899840/2019/05/01/prospect-moritz-seider-could-be-one-of-the-best-german-defencemen-ever/

Behind a paywall but an interesting article about Seider. Seems like a nice kid with a mature personality. 

I've come to really like the pick. Only concern I have is the shoulder injuries. 

Yeah, so suck it Uwe Krupp and what I assume is probably at least one other guy.

3 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

That’s what I heard , we easily went for need over the best player available schtick we throw out every year , think we could have targeted flyers 11 in a trade  and got seider there 

hope the kids amazing but he doesn’t end up a 1st pair guy we might look really foolish here 

On a a side note .... Disappointed we lost beecher and tracey late , hope we target puistola and fagemo

Or maybe most teams had him in the 5-10 range. Dach went at 3. Was that a huge reach? I don't think so, the Hawks believe they have the best forward not named Hughes or Kakko right now. Who gives a s*** what the media pundits said where the kid should go. Could they have traded down? Sure maybe. But that incurs a lot of risk. You have no idea if the Rags right behind you have Dach up next.

Yzerman's not an idiot. If that's the player he wanted and he knew Holland was right behind him also wanting him... Take your guy. You only get one shot in the first round to get the guy you want. If you want him get him.

If Yzerman thought everyone 6-15 was relatively equal and didn't give a s*** which one he got, that's a scenario to trade back in. 

1 hour ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

I didn't believe it. 

Did anyone actually look at the hf boards thread?

Yeah some dude called it

7 hours ago, Dabura said:

WiiM is such a joke of a site. They always seem like they actively try to find the worst possible angle for every post. Seems like they hope for the absolute best case scenerio and whine endlessly when they don't get it. I bet all their mocks had Byram falling to us. 

3 hours ago, Buppy said:

Yeah, so suck it Uwe Krupp and what I assume is probably at least one other guy.

Nailed it. Exactly one other German born player besides Seider and Krupp has been a wing. Wilhelm Huber 1978-1983 

I really hope Bobby Brink/Hoglander is available at 35. However, if he is not we could always gamble on a Lavoie or Kaliyev. Concerns with effort and consistency with both, but the raw tools are there. I didn’t like how Kaliyev was sulking yesterday and couple that with the reports that he checks out for long stretches he may be a hard pass for the organization.

Edited by BringBack19

Another interesting name is Dorofeyev. The only thing he is missing is elite skating according to scouts. His top end speed isn’t bad so you would think it could be improved. Probably want to go with the best center available, but as the Captain said last night every position is a need for us.

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Or maybe most teams had him in the 5-10 range. Dach went at 3. Was that a huge reach? I don't think so, the Hawks believe they have the best forward not named Hughes or Kakko right now. Who gives a s*** what the media pundits said where the kid should go. Could they have traded down? Sure maybe. But that incurs a lot of risk. You have no idea if the Rags right behind you have Dach up next.

Yzerman's not an idiot. If that's the player he wanted and he knew Holland was right behind him also wanting him... Take your guy. You only get one shot in the first round to get the guy you want. If you want him get him.

If Yzerman thought everyone 6-15 was relatively equal and didn't give a s*** which one he got, that's a scenario to trade back in. 

Yeah some dude called it

Dach was projected to go to 4 or 5 by many ppl so not as far a reach , I think if not for ken Holland we could have traded back and got more assets , we should of handcuffed that f***** to a basement and released him out to the world today lol

never said Steve yzermans an idiot , he came here and quickly realized what the biggest need is with this team , which we’ve all been bitching about for 5 years and attempted to fix it right away I’m just pissed we couldn’t have got an extra asset for doing so

anyways it is it what it is , that being said I hope he becomes a star and he turns into a first pair dman otherwise could turn out to not look like a wise move 

34 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'd be happy with any of Brink, Leason, Kaliyev, Lavoie, Legare, Beaucage, Fagemo with our 2nd round picks... If we could get two of these guys, I'd be thrilled.

Also like puistola at F ... wouldn’t surprise me they pick someone Like kolyachonok or another dman at 35 again but with the droppings probably a f 

im high on fagemo but if we have to take a forward who dropped it’s Lavoie or leason and also wouldn’t be surprised to see us get kotchekov with one of our 2nds , hope we hit big man

What is the scouting report on Kaliyev.  Is his skating not good?  Is he another Teemu Pulkinen?  I'm hoping for Matt Robertson with this next pick even though we should likely take a forward. Lavoie would be my next choice.

5 minutes ago, HoweFan said:

What is the scouting report on Kaliyev.  Is his skating not good?  Is he another Teemu Pulkinen?  I'm hoping for Matt Robertson with this next pick even though we should likely take a forward. Lavoie would be my next choice.

Good hockey sense, strong shot. Skating, compete level and his face considered issues.