• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2019 Draft

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

So what's the knocks on this kid? So far what I've heard has all sounded good. 

He was projected as a 3rd rounder, which makes it another reach.  But Tyler Bertuzzi was a second round reach as well.  Speaking of which, I wonder where Tag Bertuzzi goes today.

Edited by TLGTrico

https://dobberprospects.com/player/antti-tuomisto/

February 2019 – Tuomisto has had a tremendous season in the top junior league in Finland. He has been good enough to earn promotion to the Liiga level but he has decided to decline that opportunity because he wants to preserve his NCAA eligibility. Because of that, Tuomisto hasn’t received the kind of hype he deserves. He has also been a great player for Finland at the U18 level in various tournaments, and he’s expected to play a major role for them at the U18 Worlds. Tuomisto is an offense-minded defenseman with good puck-skills and a great shot. His skating is good for someone his size, and it’s been getting better all season long. Tuomisto’s defensive game needs some improvements but because he has great size and good hockey sense, it’s reasonable to expect that part of his game to grow. He hits players to separate them from the puck but doesn’t go looking for big hits. He’s very lanky at the moment and will need at least a couple of years to add more muscle to his frame. Tuomisto has top-four upside, and he’s likely to get drafted in the second round this summer.  Jokke Nevalainen

I think we got a good pick on our hands here. 

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero

3 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

He was projected as a 3rd rounder, which makes it another reach.  But Tyler Bertuzzi was a second round reach as well.  Speaking of which, I wonder where Tag Bertuzzi goes today.

We still have 2 picks in this round. There's plenty of room for another Bertuzzi on the roster. :lol:

1 minute ago, amato said:

The athletic had Mastrosimone ranked 26th. Nice. 

From that piece:

Mastrosimone had a fantastic 16-year-old season in the USHL, following it up with a good 17-year-old season as one of the best wingers in the USHL and a great postseason. He also performed well in international events. I love his skill level and hockey sense. When Mastrosimone has the puck, he’s looking to make a play. He always had the high-level creativity and offensive instincts, and as the season went along his playmaking developed into a real weapon. He can set up his teammates, but he also has a hard, accurate shot and can score from a distance. He’s small but competes well and gives it his all each shift. His main issue is his skating. For a small player, he lacks a true separation gear, and his technique isn’t the best. He flashes average speed but not consistently. His production may not have been fantastic for a U18 in the USHL, but I’m a big believer in the skill level.

Chicago Steel coach Greg Moore on Mastrosimone: “He’s got a great compete level. He empties the tank every night. He has a knack for creating. He also has an unbelievable shot.”