• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2019 Draft

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Just keep drinking that whiskey 

I'm not drinking anything my post is 100% factually correct.  But keep your hopes up champ.

Edited by mackel

48. Albin Grewe, RW, Djurgarden-J20 SuperElit

March 22, 2001 | 5-foot-11 | 187 pounds

Skating: 50
Puck Skills: 60
Physical Game: 50
Hockey Sense: 55

The first time I saw Grewe was at the World U17 Challenge in Fort St. John. I remember him barreling down the wing with speed, going to the net hard, finishing his checks hard and showing his skill. After one dominant stretch, a hockey executive turned to me and exclaimed: “I want him on my team!” That image of Grewe stuck with me for the past two years even though his draft season was good but not the most dominant. He’s smart, but he’s not an elite playmaker and can force plays. He skates fine, but he’s not a blazer. What Grewe does bring is a high compete level and a physical game that helps overcome his size. He goes over the line at times, a lot of his penalties this season were due to excess physicality. Grewe isn’t a grinder, though. He’s got great puck skills and makes skilled plays into the tough areas. He could be a fan favorite and a player rival fans hate.

NHL scout on Grewe: “He’s a skilled guy who is very physical. He can be a bit individualistic at times and not see all his options. He needs to be a little more disciplined, too.”

93. Ethan Phillips, C, Sioux Falls-USHL

May 7, 2001 | 5-foot-9 | 146 pounds

Skating: 60
Physical Game: 25

Phillips started the year playing prep hockey in New England, then made a successful midseason transition to the USHL, where he played significant minutes for Sioux Falls. Phillips buzzes around the ice. He’s a very good skater who plays quick and can put defenders on their heels. I like his skill level a lot. He doesn’t try to dangle everyone, but he can make slight moves in tight and get around defensemen. Phillips sees the ice well and tries to make creative plays, but I find he forces a lot of plays. He’s a small forward, and although he plays quick and gets to the net, he’s very slight and can be pushed around. I question if he’s dynamic enough for a smaller forward to be a legit NHLer.

Pronman's take on the last two kids

26. Robert Mastrosimone, LW, Chicago-USHL

Jan. 24, 2001 | 5-foot-10 | 170 pounds

Skating: 45
Physical Game: 40
Hockey Sense: 65
Shot Grade: 60

Mastrosimone had a fantastic 16-year-old season in the USHL, following it up with a good 17-year-old season as one of the best wingers in the USHL and a great postseason. He also performed well in international events. I love his skill level and hockey sense. When Mastrosimone has the puck, he’s looking to make a play. He always had the high-level creativity and offensive instincts, and as the season went along his playmaking developed into a real weapon. He can set up his teammates, but he also has a hard, accurate shot and can score from a distance. He’s small but competes well and gives it his all each shift. His main issue is his skating. For a small player, he lacks a true separation gear, and his technique isn’t the best. He flashes average speed but not consistently. His production may not have been fantastic for a U18 in the USHL, but I’m a big believer in the skill level.

Chicago Steel coach Greg Moore on Mastrosimone: “He’s got a great compete level. He empties the tank every night. He has a knack for creating. He also has an unbelievable shot.”

77. Antti Tuomisto, D, Assat- Jr. A Liiga

Jan. 20, 2001 | 6-foot-3 | 176 pounds

Skating: 40
Puck Skills: 50
Physical Game: 65

Tuomisto came on strong this season after not looking like much of a prospect last season and was one of the best defensemen in Finland’s junior circuit. Tuomisto can move the puck and be relied on at both ends. He kills plays with his stick and reads closing gaps. He’s physical and makes it tough for opposing forwards to get inside. With the puck, he shows decent creativity and can execute passes through tight seams. I wouldn’t call his puck game natural, though, as he’s not going to deke through anyone at the pro level. His skating/pace is the main concern. His stride is OK; it can look clunky at times, particularly on his first few steps, but when he gets going in a straight line he has OK speed. He’s not one to push the tempo, though, and he doesn’t show much pace in his game.

so last year we trade a 6th to buffalo for a 5th this year. we trade their 5th this year back to them, but what did we get?

6 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

I think I hears picks 177 and 191.

still showing Buffalo on the board for those picks. but ok, NOW he trades back for multiple picks. Will Tag be one of them?

15 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

Probably gonna end up being another Rasmus Bodin.

giphy.webp

2 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I swear to God that Ken Holland is drafting all these players for us.

:annoyed: at these picks.

I do find it kinda funny that the word on the street is Holland might've taken Seider over Broberg.

Edited by Dabura