• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2019 Draft

Rate this topic

12 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Hronek? Cholowski? McIsaac?

Has Seider already surpassed all of them in your mind?

In terms of depth chart? No. But Cholo was a late first, and the other two were seconds. Not as much hype. This feels like we got a Zadina level defensive prospect.

7 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

In terms of depth chart? No. But Cholo was a late first, and the other two were seconds. Not as much hype. This feels like we got a Zadina level defensive prospect.

I hear ya. I guess you just meant in regards to draft hype? I haven't been THIS excited for a D prospect in forever, but I've been excited about plenty other D prospects over the years...

Seider

McIsaac

Hronek

Cholowski

I don't think anyone realizes just how good McIsaac is yet.

Kids bueno AF

You really think McIsaac is going to be better than Hronek and Cholowski? I don't see it, but I hope I'm wrong... Do you think he has top pair potential?

32 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

X. Ouellet potential maybe

It's funny because I was sort of thinking the same thing. I think McIsaac will be better than Ouellet (we hope), but I don't think he'll be anything more than a solid bottom pairing, penalty killing defenseman. That's not a knock on McIsaac at all though. You need players like that. I just don't see the same sort of ceiling that CRL sees...

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

It's funny because I was sort of thinking the same thing. I think McIsaac will be better than Ouellet (we hope), but I don't think he'll be anything more than a solid bottom pairing, penalty killing defenseman. That's not a knock on McIsaac at all though. You need players like that. I just don't see the same sort of ceiling that CRL sees...

Im with you here.  The footspeed isnt there with McIsaac.  Hope CRL is right tho.  If Hronek is our third best in 2 years, we are in good shape.

I think my very bold prediction was McIsaac will turn out better than both Zadina and Veleno. I'm sticking with that.

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Im with you here.  The footspeed isnt there with McIsaac.  Hope CRL is right tho.  If Hronek is our third best in 2 years, we are in good shape.

Shut up you. McIsaac is a superb skater. Accelerates quickly backward and forward and has very good edgework and agility. I would say his skating is one of his key strengths. Definitely not a weakness. He's a very fast Dman.

McIsaac is actually a lot like Seider (probably why I like them both) he's just smaller and his slap shot isn't that great. They both are fast, play an excellent transition game, and have high IQ's in both ends. I give a slight edge to McIsaac offensively as he's shown he can run a PP and we haven't seen that yet from Seider... but probably will soon. McIsaac needs to lift and eat greasy cheeseburgers. Weight and strength are really the only things holding him back IMO.

I think if Seider had played in the CHL last season, he would have been a consensus top 10 pick all season, and maybe even gave Byram a run for his money. The DEL is a very strong league, compared to junior leagues, and the fact that he was able to play, and play well against grown men as a 17 year old, win the rookie of the year, while getting low minutes and very little opportunity on the power-play, is very impressive. The more I hear and read on this kid, the happier I am that we "reached" for him at 6...

3 hours ago, kliq said:

Are you talking about Setkov?

Thats him!   Sorry

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I think my very bold prediction was McIsaac will turn out better than both Zadina and Veleno. I'm sticking with that.

Shut up you. McIsaac is a superb skater. Accelerates quickly backward and forward and has very good edgework and agility. I would say his skating is one of his key strengths. Definitely not a weakness. He's a very fast Dman.

McIsaac is actually a lot like Seider (probably why I like them both) he's just smaller and his slap shot isn't that great. They both are fast, play an excellent transition game, and have high IQ's in both ends. I give a slight edge to McIsaac offensively as he's shown he can run a PP and we haven't seen that yet from Seider... but probably will soon. McIsaac needs to lift and eat greasy cheeseburgers. Weight and strength are really the only things holding him back IMO.

Cool.  I need the 411.

On 6/27/2019 at 12:59 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Acceleration and agility aren't the same as speed. The Dodge Daytona I had in college got to 60 mph pretty quick and handled well, but I couldn't outrun an actual sports car

5 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Acceleration and agility aren't the same as speed. The Dodge Daytona I had in college got to 60 mph pretty quick and handled well, but I couldn't outrun an actual sports car

and you've never fully recovered :lol: 

22 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

You're not wrong, but its very rare to find a player who has great acceleration but is slow. The two traits are usually hand in hand.

5 hours ago, kliq said:

You're not wrong, but its very rare to find a player who has great acceleration but is slow. The two traits are usually hand in hand.

Datz kind of comes to mind for me. He had great acceleration, but his top end speed never appeared to be very fast. More so as he aged.

3 hours ago, xault said:

Datz kind of comes to mind for me. He had great acceleration, but his top end speed never appeared to be very fast. More so as he aged.

There are always outliers, but typically a fast player can accelerate quickly as well.