• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HoweFan

Its nice to see...

Rate this topic

That for the most part, our young  guys are the ones that are doing the scoring and we aren't being led by our older vets.  Larkin, Mantha, AA, Bert, and Cholo are all doing well.  Ras is contributing and looks good.  Hopefully we get four or five players from last years draft and a couple more this year.

39 minutes ago, HoweFan said:

That for the most part, our young  guys are the ones that are doing the scoring and we aren't being led by our older vets.  Larkin, Mantha, AA, Bert, and Cholo are all doing well.  Ras is contributing and looks good.  Hopefully we get four or five players from last years draft and a couple more this year.

Agree.  Just need to cut the dead wood now.

Future core looks to me something like this right now:

??????? - Larkin - ???????
Bertuzzi - Athanasiou - Mantha
??????? - Rasmussen - ???????
??????? - ??????? - ???????

Cholowski - ???????
??????? - ???????
??????? - ???????

???????
???????

Next year we could possibly see Zadina and Hronek come online with the team. If Rasmussen takes a logical step forward in scoring next year as well, that would give us a complete top 6 of youthful scorers. And a possible future top pairing of Cholowski and Hronek.

Wildcard: Svechnikov

Weaknesses: Depth at D (per usual) and no clear future with our goaltending

I think we have a number of players in our system right now that will fill in seven or eight of those question marks.  A good draft this year with a defenseman involved will go along way in completing or rebuild.

7 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Future core looks to me something like this right now:

??????? - Larkin - ???????
Bertuzzi - Athanasiou - Mantha
??????? - Rasmussen - ???????
??????? - ??????? - ???????

Cholowski - ???????
??????? - ???????
??????? - ???????

???????
???????

Next year we could possibly see Zadina and Hronek come online with the team. If Rasmussen takes a logical step forward in scoring next year as well, that would give us a complete top 6 of youthful scorers. And a possible future top pairing of Cholowski and Hronek.

Wildcard: Svechnikov

Weaknesses: Depth at D (per usual) and no clear future with our goaltending

I would go this:

F:

Bert-Larkin-Zadina

AA-Veleno-Mantha

Svech-Moose-Nyquist

G.Smith-Ehn-Frk

Turgeon/Berggren

D:

Cholowski-McIsaac

?????-Hronek

Sulak-Saarajarvi

Jensen

Goalies????

I think we can get one good goalie out of Eliasson, Petruzzelli, Larsson, or Fulcher.  Maybe two.   As for the defense, Alec Regula  is having a good year and Lindstrom is doing fine in Sweden.  I don't know much about Seth Barton but he could be a sleeper.  Then we will have this years draft to add to our prospect pool.  I think we will be fine

11 hours ago, HoweFan said:

We have a nice young core of players on the team now, with more coming. The six players you mentioned, plus all of Veleno, Zadina, McIsaac and Hronek should be top six forwards / top four defensemen. I still think this team will finish bottom 5-10 in the league, so that should be another high end player. We're headed in the right direction, with a lot of really good players, we just need a couple "elite" players. Maybe they're already in the system, maybe they're in the upcoming draft...

55 minutes ago, HoweFan said:

I think we can get one good goalie out of Eliasson, Petruzzelli, Larsson, or Fulcher.  Maybe two.   As for the defense, Alec Regula  is having a good year and Lindstrom is doing fine in Sweden.  I don't know much about Seth Barton but he could be a sleeper.  Then we will have this years draft to add to our prospect pool.  I think we will be fine

I agree on the goaltending. I think one of the three or four goalie prospects currently in the system will emerge as an NHL quality starter over the next 3-4 seasons.

Barton is the guy I'm really watching out for. He's taken a similar path as Cholowski up to this point. I'm not sure which junior team owns his rights, but I'd like to see him continue on a similar path as Cholo and move over to the CHL after this season. Regula likely won't be anything more than a depth defenseman, but I guess he (or anyone) could exceed expectations. I've heard good things on Lindstrom and Kotkansalo, but no idea where they'll end up. Overall, I think we have plenty depth in all positions, some very good players, we just need some true game breakers.

Without looking at who we could potentially get in the upcoming draft(s), I see our depth chart looking something like this...

??? - Larkin - Mantha

Rasmussen - Veleno - Zadina

Bertuzzi - Athanasiou - ???

??? - Turgeon - ???

Also in the mix: Svechnikov, Frk, Berggren, Holmstrom, Smith, O'Reilly, Adams, etc...

Cholowski - ???

McIsaac - Hronek

??? - ???

Also in the mix: Lindstrom, Saarijarvi, Kotkansalo, Barton, Regula, etc...

Larsson / Petruzzelli

???

Also in the mix: Fulcher

So in my opinion we need to add an elite / superstar forward and number one defenseman to pair with Cholowski. The rest of the holes can be filled relatively easily, be it internally, or via trade / free agency.

Assuming most of these players hit / come close to hitting their ceilings, we should be in pretty good shape going forward. Another huge draft next year similar to the '18 draft, and we'll be getting pretty damn close.

3 hours ago, HoweFan said:

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

We have a nice young core of players on the team now, with more coming. The six players you mentioned, plus all of Veleno, Zadina, McIsaac and Hronek should be top six forwards / top four defensemen. I still think this team will finish bottom 5-10 in the league, so that should be another high end player. We're headed in the right direction, with a lot of really good players, we just need a couple "elite" players. Maybe they're already in the system, maybe they're in the upcoming draft...

I agree on the goaltending. I think one of the three or four goalie prospects currently in the system will emerge as an NHL quality starter over the next 3-4 seasons.

Barton is the guy I'm really watching out for. He's taken a similar path as Cholowski up to this point. I'm not sure which junior team owns his rights, but I'd like to see him continue on a similar path as Cholo and move over to the CHL after this season. Regula likely won't be anything more than a depth defenseman, but I guess he (or anyone) could exceed expectations. I've heard good things on Lindstrom and Kotkansalo, but no idea where they'll end up. Overall, I think we have plenty depth in all positions, some very good players, we just need some true game breakers.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Without looking at who we could potentially get in the upcoming draft(s), I see our depth chart looking something like this...

??? - Larkin - Mantha

Rasmussen - Veleno - Zadina

Bertuzzi - Athanasiou - ???

??? - Turgeon - ???

Also in the mix: Svechnikov, Frk, Berggren, Holmstrom, Smith, O'Reilly, Adams, etc...

Cholowski - ???

McIsaac - Hronek

??? - ???

Also in the mix: Lindstrom, Saarijarvi, Kotkansalo, Barton, Regula, etc...

Larsson / Petruzzelli

???

Also in the mix: Fulcher

So in my opinion we need to add an elite / superstar forward and number one defenseman to pair with Cholowski. The rest of the holes can be filled relatively easily, be it internally, or via trade / free agency.

Assuming most of these players hit / come close to hitting their ceilings, we should be in pretty good shape going forward. Another huge draft next year similar to the '18 draft, and we'll be getting pretty damn close.

Im not sold on a lot of these players yet. A lot of these guys are gonna turn out to be Kindls, Anderssons, Emmertons, Mursaks, and Jurcos.

Zadina, Veleno, and McIsaac seem like shoe ins. Berggren, Regula, and Svech look nice. After that idk.

Petruzzeli has been hot n cold so far. Larsson has health issues. Fulcher seems pretty blah.

Lindstrom, Setkov, Kotkansalo havent really done anything of note yet.