• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

12/4 Red Bread Redemption GDT - Lightning @ Red Wings - 7:30 PM ET

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, Yzerman19 said:

As much as it would be interesting to debate about this, the thing i don't get is why exactly are you that concerned about what has been said?  if it annoys you then ignore or turn it off? why would you care so much about this and also give some sort of attention or credit to what we said on that as you seem so much above us all? Can't you just spread your wisdom in some other way rather than having that tint of.... i don't know condescending manner to express yourself?

I tell you what, I'll stop being condescending if you'll stop complaining about the officiating.  Deal?

I made a one-off comment about how dumb it is to complain and everyone who was doing it immediately responded because...ready for this...they don't want to be told that the thing they're doing is dumb.  I'm not sure why YOU didn't ignore ME if that's how you think this stuff is supposed to go. 

Edited by kipwinger

Just now, kipwinger said:

Wait, so you can drone on and one for pages about how bad the officiating is but if I make fun of people like you for a few pages I'm too wrapped up?  Pot?  This is the kettle.  You're black. 

You're complaining about people complaining. Except, where the people complaining were just doing hockey fan things and complaining about refs (hi, welcome to sports fandom), you're on a weird moral crusade to shame fans for doing fan things. And you're throwing in "subtle" political jabs which scream, "I'm smarter than most people and I wish you deplorables would get on my level, same with Americans who don't believe in science."

All of which is fine. Just know that if complaining about refs on a hockey message board is lame, you're also being lame, arguably even double-lame.

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

You're complaining about people complaining. Except, where the people complaining were just doing hockey fan things and complaining about refs (hi, welcome to sports fandom), you're on a weird moral crusade to shame fans for doing fan things. And you're throwing in "subtle" political jabs which scream, "I'm smarter than most people and I wish you deplorables would get on my level, same with Americans who don't believe in science."

All of which is fine. Just know that if complaining about refs on a hockey message board is lame, you're also being lame, arguably even double-lame.

THIS!

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I tell you what, I'll stop being condescending if you'll stop complaining about the officiating.  Deal?

Nah... pointless i think. If you can't just understand that the whole thing is not about bitching about the refs, but is more about being in the game and getting carried away by our emotions and then expressing thelm as if we were all together at the arena... then i guess i'll let you troll this topic. Next time go after the fact that every fan base cheers when the team scores a goal.... it is really annoying isn't it?

4 minutes ago, Dabura said:

And as I said earlier - look over at HF Boards under the Avs vs Wings GDT...It's really sumthin to behold.

5 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I DO wish you deplorables would get on my level and stop complaining about the officiating.  That's my whole crusade in a nutshell.  It's idiotic, and isn't part of "fandom" anymore than getting drunk and talking s*** to fans of the away team is part of fandom (i.e. It's obnoxious).  If I'm being obnoxious too, but in the other direction, then so be it.  Maybe I can't beat you, but I certainly don't have to join you. 

8 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I made a one-off comment about how dumb it is to complain and everyone who was doing it immediately responded because...ready for this...they don't want to be told that the thing they're doing is dumb.  I'm not sure why YOU didn't ignore ME if that's how you think this stuff is supposed to go. 

So we shouldn't complain at all about anything? You never complained about anything? All sunshine and rainbows in your world? Jesus Christ dude, log off now. 

Just now, HadThomasVokounOnFortSt said:

So we shouldn't complain at all about anything? You never complained about anything? All sunshine and rainbows in your world? Jesus Christ dude, log off now. 

No, you should complain about thing that are actually happening.  Like, if you find yourself thinking there's a league wide bias against your favorite sports team you shouldn't complain.  Because that's crazy and unsubstantiated. 

Just now, kipwinger said:

No, you should complain about thing that are actually happening.  Like, if you find yourself thinking there's a league wide bias against your favorite sports team you shouldn't complain.  Because that's crazy and unsubstantiated. 

You need to change your avatar from Capt.Kirk to Spock...

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

I DIDN'T SAY THAT! ONE guy... count it ONE guy said it and you quick judge the WHOLE fan base..

1 minute ago, HadThomasVokounOnFortSt said:

I DIDN'T SAY THAT! ONE guy... count it ONE guy said it and you quick judge the WHOLE fan base..

Dude, people around LGW have been claiming a league wide conspiracy against the Wings for YEARS.  Tons of fans, including some commenting tonight, actually believe Gary Bettman rigged the 2009 Cup because he wanted Crosby to win and the Wings to lose.  If you think there isn't an asinine "conspiracy theorist" faction of Red Wings fans around here then I don't know what to tell you.  And as I've said several times now, I'm commenting on that idiotic tendency collectively and not just based on this one game. 

But as you correctly pointed out, if you don't like what I've got to say, ignore me. 

6 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I DO wish you deplorables would get on my level and stop complaining about the officiating.  That's my whole crusade in a nutshell.  It's idiotic, and isn't part of "fandom" anymore than getting drunk and talking s*** to fans of the away team is part of fandom (i.e. It's obnoxious).  If I'm being obnoxious too, but in the other direction, then so be it.  Maybe I can't beat you, but I certainly don't have to join you. 

yawn

Night, folks. Next game is aganst Toronto and the refs. Plan accordingly.

20 minutes ago, Dabura said:

This.  Hey Kip, I read the GDT as my play by play when I can't watch the games.  Get the HELL out of here if you are going to use it to blast other members instead of comment on the game or be part of the FUN.  We don't need a Hype Wrecker in the GDT.  Take it to another thread or to PMS.  You're probably the reason we didn't win tonight, dude.

1 minute ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

This.  Hey Kip, I read the GDT as my play by play when I can't watch the games.  Get the HELL out of here if you are going to use it to blast other members instead of comment on the game or be part of the FUN.  We don't need a Hype Wrecker in the GDT.  Take it to another thread or to PMS.  You're probably the reason we didn't win tonight, dude.

I did officiate a few midget games when I was in college.  So obviously I've got it out for the Wings.

10 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Dude, people around LGW have been claiming a league wide conspiracy against the Wings for YEARS.  Tons of fans, including some commenting tonight, actually believe Gary Bettman rigged the 2009 Cup because he wanted Crosby to win and the Wings to lose.  If you think there isn't an asinine "conspiracy theorist" faction of Red Wings fans around here then I don't know what to tell you.  And as I've said several times now, I'm commenting on that idiotic tendency collectively and not just based on this one game. 

But as you correctly pointed out, if you don't like what I've got to say, ignore me. 

Again so since ONE guy tonight and whatever many in the PAST said it, you judge the WHOLE fanbase that you are apart of... Do you watch the NFL?

3 minutes ago, HadThomasVokounOnFortSt said:

Again so since ONE guy tonight and whatever many in the PAST said it, you judge the WHOLE fanbase that you are apart of... Do you watch the NFL?

I'm not judging a WHOLE fan base.  I'm judging those fans who complain about the refs.  I don't complain about the refs, and I'm a fan, and there are others like me.  So basically I'm just judging people like YOU. 

And no, I don't watch the NFL.  It's a dumb sport for dummies.  I don't drink Mountain Dew or listen to Five Finger Death Punch either in case you're wondering. 

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Are we officially the whiny fanbase?  I never thought we were, but it's beginning to seem like we are.

I may have missed something, but your original complaint about people complaining about refs did seem to be applied to the entire fanbase.

6 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I'm not judging a WHOLE fan base.  I'm judging those fans who complain about the refs.  I don't complain about the refs, and I'm a fan, and there are others like me.  So basically I'm just judging people like YOU. 

And no, I don't watch the NFL.  It's a dumb sport for dummies.  I don't drink Mountain Dew or listen to Five Finger Death Punch either in case you're wondering. 

Do you complain about players? 

Just now, barabbas16 said:

I may have missed something, but your original complaint about people complaining about refs did seem to be applied to the entire fanbase.

It did but Kip gotta be right you know..