• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

12/4 Red Bread Redemption GDT - Lightning @ Red Wings - 7:30 PM ET

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Kip, we lost because of you.

Don't worry.  I've already given my letter of resignation to Stephen Walkom, NHL Director of Officiating. I'm sure the Wings will be back to playoff contention in no time. 

2 minutes ago, barabbas16 said:

I may have missed something, but your original complaint about people complaining about refs did seem to be applied to the entire fanbase.

Yes, because that quote clearly implicates each and every Red Wings fan and wasn't obviously directed at the dummies who complain about the refs constantly.  Good call.

Hear me out, I know this will be a journey...

In a game with 6 total penalties, 3 for each team, one powerplay each in regulation, one set of offsetting penalties, and one each for a "roughly" half minute of overtime...I'd say the refs were pretty much as impartial as they could possibly be. 

24 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Don't worry.  I've already given my letter of resignation to Stephen Walkom, NHL Director of Officiating. I'm sure the Wings will be back to playoff contention in no time. 

Yes, because that quote clearly implicates each and every Red Wings fan and wasn't obviously directed at the dummies who complain about the refs constantly.  Good call.

Hear me out, I know this will be a journey...

In a game with 6 total penalties, 3 for each team, one powerplay each in regulation, one set of offsetting penalties, and one each for a "roughly" half minute of overtime...I'd say the refs were pretty much as impartial as they could possibly be. 

Oh, no, sorry.  I don't think the league is rigged or biased.  I didn't think the officiating was particularly poor in this game either.  I did think the embellishment call on Athanasiou was bad.  If you thought it was a good call, that's cool.  We don't have to agree and I don't take issue with you opinion on that.

It's not that your point is an awful one... whiny fans are annoying and those of us that whine probably should try to do that less... but, maybe if you approach the subject with less arrogance and condescension, you'd have better results.  That's, of course, assuming that you were actually trying to effect change in people.  If you were just trying to piss everyone off, you were obviously quite effective.

Plus, just my opinion, but I don't believe that the vast majority of fans (or anyone on here) actually think the league is rigged or the refs are biased.  People just respond in the heat of the moment with emotion.  I mean, different things are big deals to different people... but maybe just try not to care so much about it.  I doubt it's going to go away.

Pretty disappointed we couldn't finish this one out with a win while we were ahead going into the 3rd.  Especially considering Trampa Bay had played the night before.  The positive take-away: they were coming off playing the night before, but two of our better forwards were out of the game (lil Bert and Mantha)...considering this both teams had an excuses to lose.  However, we hung in there and gave them all they could handle.  I thought our speed gave them a lot of problems last night (this may be cause they played the night before though and their legs were burnt).  Their a top team in the league and I thought our guys showed a lot.

I heard someone on the radio this morning state that, after watching the game last night, they can see the Wings being a playoff team that could take a team like Tampa to the brink and potentially beat them.  I just don't see it.  They are a way better team and IMO..if this were a playoff series, last night would have been the closest we would have gotten to a win.  They'd crush us on a playoff series.  Their just too dam talented, well-rounded, and deep.

Good effort.   

17 hours ago, kipwinger said:

The suggestion that parity in penalties called = impartiality is an, uh, interesting one.

I didn't really see any positives from this game, considering that Tampa:

a. played the night before

b. gave up 5 goals

c. had 2, 2 goal deficits

This is a game that the Wings should have won. Any team worth anything would have walked away with a win. I don't see this as positive just because they almost won, or because they played hard. Ugly loss. Nothing else to say about it.