• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

12/6 Trying GDT - Ref Wings @ Maple Refs - 7:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

Just now, Dabura said:

I'm going to tell myself that this shows we learned from the Tampa game. I dunno that I actually believe that, but it's what I'm going to tell myself.

Nah.  We could have had two points in the Tampa game, just couldn't execute in the OT or in the shootout.  It's a crapshoot at that point.  The point is not being in that situation in the first place.  A multiple goal lead in the third should be safer than what they've made it look.  

1 minute ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Nah.  We could have had two points in the Tampa game, just couldn't execute in the OT or in the shootout.  It's a crapshoot at that point.  The point is not being in that situation in the first place.  A multiple goal lead in the third should be safer than what they've made it look.  

No, I'm with you 100%. It's just painful to think that we were in a position to end each of these past two games in regulation, with multi-goal cushions to burn, and through our own stupidity we almost came away from these games with only a combined two points. With the way we played in the third tonight, it's pretty clear that we DIDN'T learn a blessed thing from the Tampa game. But, oh well. These are the joys of rebuilding and of icing mediocre teams with no identity and no elite talent.

All things considered, I'm kinda cross with the team for certain things but I'm also pretty proud of them for other things.

4 minutes ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

If Montreal loses, we're 1 point a way from a wildcard spot!!!

This has got to be 1 of the more 'unique' seasons thus far since the implementation of the salary cap.

So many teams underachieving, and a few such as our beloved Red Wings are doing better than expected.

Conflicting emotions...Wants to see team win, and make the playoffs...Wants to see team have a winning record, but miss the playoffs by a few pts, and possibly get a top 10 pick.

The Wings likely couldn’t beat the Leafs in a best of four situation, but I can’t think of anything to really be upset with here unless the expectation is to already be a contender.  The team is going to make mistakes but if the players that need to improve are improving the view from the bottom won’t be too familiar.

Cholowski is a good example, he hasn’t been putting up points, but against good teams he’s learning and making good decisions that will benefit the team in the future.

Plus...win or lose these games are fun.

57 minutes ago, Prolix said:

This aged well.

Huh? Aged? I don't care if anyone responded or laughed about it. I hope you're aging well.

I was talking with another fan on twitter after that game, he said he hopes Hronek gets the call, I said ya, but knowing Holland it'll be Lashoff. Joking of course, but I'll be damned if he didn't stay true to form. He's horrible. I hope Seattle really does hire him and soon!

10 hours ago, Mckinley25 said:

The Wings likely couldn’t beat the Leafs in a best of four situation, but I can’t think of anything to really be upset with here unless the expectation is to already be a contender.  The team is going to make mistakes but if the players that need to improve are improving the view from the bottom won’t be too familiar.

Cholowski is a good example, he hasn’t been putting up points, but against good teams he’s learning and making good decisions that will benefit the team in the future.

Plus...win or lose these games are fun.

I guess "cross," as I put it, is too strong a word. It's just some disappointment because they teased comfortable wins in regulation over two elite teams in Tampa and Toronto but allowed longstanding bad habits to creep in and take the regulation wins off the table. But, I mean, yeah -- that's me speaking with my Overly Critical Fan hat on. Overall, I'm fairly pleased with how this week has gone, given the fact that we're a rebuilding team with no elite talent and these past few games have all been against top teams and we were missing Mantha and Bertuzzi for these past two.

The fact that this team is only a couple points out of a wildcard spot in the first week of December is pretty remarkable, especially when you consider how bad our record was after the first two or three weeks of the season.

Edited by Dabura