• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

12/6 Trying GDT - Ref Wings @ Maple Refs - 7:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I guess "cross," as I put it, is too strong a word. It's just some disappointment because they teased comfortable wins in regulation over two elite teams in Tampa and Toronto but allowed longstandings bad habits to creep in and take the regulation wins off the table. But, I mean, yeah -- that's me speaking with my Overly Critical Fan hat on. Overall, I'm fairly pleased with how this week has gone, given the fact that we're a rebuilding team with no elite talent and these past few games have all been against top teams and we were missing Mantha and Bertuzzi for these past two.

The fact that this team is only a couple points out of a wildcard spot in the first week of December is pretty remarkable, especially when you consider how bad our record was after the first two or three weeks of the season.

It certainly makes me wonder about the early reputation given to Blashill.

2 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Talk about a polar opposite from last season...This time last year we looked like a glorified NCAA team...Now we're knocking on the playoff door.

Last season, we found ways to lose close games. This season, we're finding ways to win close games.

I mean, yeah, that's a cliché that borders on bulls***. But I do think there's a kernel of truth there.

1 hour ago, HoweFan said:

We got five points out of eight against four top rated teams. Congrats to the Wings. I thought the Leafs goalie was brutal but that’s their problem. Never thought we could do it with the guys we have missing

I keep forgetting about that Boston game and looking only at Colorado, Tampa Bay, Toronto. I guess it's because December 2018 BOS isn't on quite the same level as December 2018 COL, TBL, TOR. But, really, you're right: We're coming off *four* legit measuring stick games. Five points from those games is a good result for this team, and the two games we lost were close (and one of them was arguably a choke job on our part).

53 minutes ago, Dabura said:

It's much easier to score in the 3-on-3 format, but it's not nothing. Good for Larkin.

3 of those guys are in the HHOF. Hmmmm.

43 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Last season, we found ways to lose close games. This season, we're finding ways to win close games.

I mean, yeah, that's a cliché that borders on bulls***. But I do think there's a kernel of truth there.

I thought it was colonel of truth?

12 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Huh? Aged? I don't care if anyone responded or laughed about it. I hope you're aging well.

I was talking with another fan on twitter after that game, he said he hopes Hronek gets the call, I said ya, but knowing Holland it'll be Lashoff. Joking of course, but I'll be damned if he didn't stay true to form. He's horrible. I hope Seattle really does hire him and soon!

Why is Holland "horrible" for not calling a promising young player up to sit on the bench and not play? The second that it was Lashoff who got called up it should have been pretty obvious that they aren't giving someone serious NHL minutes. It's such a nothing thing to get upset over.

5 minutes ago, Prolix said:

Why is Holland "horrible" for not calling a promising young player up to sit on the bench and not play? The second that it was Lashoff who got called up it should have been pretty obvious that they aren't giving someone serious NHL minutes. It's such a nothing thing to get upset over.

But it fits his narrative. 

13 hours ago, Mckinley25 said:

It certainly makes me wonder about the early reputation given to Blashill.

I look at the beginning of the season as the Wings underperforming mireso than I do Blashill getting them to overperform now.  Granted there were injuries early on and fresh blood adapting to NHL play but I think for years this team has played below their potential.

4 hours ago, HoweFan said:

We got five points out of eight against four top rated teams. Congrats to the Wings. I thought the Leafs goalie was brutal but that’s their problem. Never thought we could do it with the guys we have missing

Yeah, Sparks was brutal. So was Bernier though. Blowing a 4-1 lead, christ. I had better hopes for him heading into the season, but he's been a disappointment. Especially since he's got two more seasons to go. Could have gotten the same play or better out of a goalie for half the salary or less.

4 hours ago, HoweFan said:

Wait till the dead weight is gone.  Ditching DeKeyser, Ericsson, and Kronwall + adding Hronek, Sulak, and McIsaac will make this team FAST.

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Wait till the dead weight is gone.  Ditching DeKeyser, Ericsson, and Kronwall + adding Hronek, Sulak, and McIsaac will make this team FAST.

Dekeyser will probably never be traded.

4 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

But it fits his narrative. 

I do not have a narrative, that's the liberal media.

5 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I didn't say he would.

Well then you have three more seasons after this one before he is "ditched." So it's gonna be a while until his spot is open. Apologies, using the term "ditch a player" usually means dealing him away, especially when they still have most of their contract left.

3 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Well then you have three more seasons after this one before he is "ditched." So it's gonna be a while until his spot is open. Apologies, using the term "ditch a player" usually means dealing him away, especially when they still have most of their contract left.

You don't have to apologize!