• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HoweFan

Seth Barton

Rate this topic

Has anyone watched the UMass Lowell team play.  Seems like he is having a pretty good freshman season.  16 games, 1 goal, 5 assists, 19 PIMs, and is plus 2.  Between him and Regula maybe we have a couple more defensive prospects.

12 hours ago, HoweFan said:

Has anyone watched the UMass Lowell team play.  Seems like he is having a pretty good freshman season.  16 games, 1 goal, 5 assists, 19 PIMs, and is plus 2.  Between him and Regula maybe we have a couple more defensive prospects.

I've never actually seen Barton play live, but based on highlights and scouting reports, I'm a big fan, have been since we drafted him. I think he's going to be a 3rd round steal for us.

9 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I have not.  Who does he play like?

He plays a similar game to Brent Seabrook; smart, smooth skating, physical, two-way defenseman, can play both special teams.

11 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I've never actually seen Barton play live, but based on highlights and scouting reports, I'm a big fan, have been since we drafted him. I think he's going to be a 3rd round steal for us.

He plays a similar game to Brent Seabrook; smart, smooth skating, physical, two-way defenseman, can play both special teams.

3rd round steal?

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Cool.  Right now, Hronek and Sulak have my attention.  Hopefully, McIsaac and Regula keep progressing and make the jump to the pro level next year.

36 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Cool.  Right now, Hronek and Sulak have my attention.  Hopefully, McIsaac and Regula keep progressing and make the jump to the pro level next year.

I'm very high on Hronek (potential top 3 defenseman), not so much on Sulak (maybe bottom pair defenseman). Also very high on McIsaac (potential top 4 defenseman), not so much on Regula (seems very similar to Sambrook, maybe bottom pair defenseman).

Also, McIsaac and Regula will spend another season in the CHL after this season before they're eligible to turn pro, unless they make the Wings out of camp (which they won't).

11 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm very high on Hronek (potential top 3 defenseman), not so much on Sulak (maybe bottom pair defenseman). Also very high on McIsaac (potential top 4 defenseman), not so much on Regula (seems very similar to Sambrook, maybe bottom pair defenseman).

Also, McIsaac and Regula will spend another season in the CHL after this season before they're eligible to turn pro, unless they make the Wings out of camp (which they won't).

They are teaching Sulak how to play D this year.  You will like the way he looks next year.  A lot more responsible.

Hearing good things about Malte Setkov this year as well.  Most teams' defensive prospect pool is not much beyond 3-4 deep.  I'd argue that ours is basically in line with what most other teams have in the pipeline when you consider Cholowski, Hronek, McIsaac, Saarijarvi, Sulak, Setkov, Barton are all looking (various degrees of) good and we really only need 3ish to pan out.  Gustav Lindstrom is a sleeper here too.