• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

12/15 Disappointment Viewing GDT - Red Wings @ Islanders - 7:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

Just now, Yzerman19 said:

is it me or.... Bernier has been really bad since surrounding the 2nd goal?

fumbling the puck and making real average plays like he lost confidence

I can forgive it. In terms of results, three goals against on 50 SOG is way better than we can reasonably ask of him.

I'd say the injuries are taking their toll on us, but I figure we'd be losing these games even without the key injuries. That's what this team does -- they can keep it close, but they struggle to seal the deal. You can almost see them bumping up against an invisible ceiling and saying, "Aw crap, I guess that's as good as we're allowed to be tonight." People who dislike Blashill wouldn't necessarily be wrong to cite the past few games as evidence that Blashill really isn't getting the most out of this team that he can, at least not with any consistency.

Looking at next week's schedule...@ Philly on Tuesday, @ Carolina on Thursday, hosting the Panthers on Sunday, and @ Toronto on Sunday. There's a chance to get some wins here. If we don't get some wins here, the playoffs (un)officially become a pipe dream.

25 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I'd say the injuries are taking their toll on us, but I figure we'd be losing these games even without the key injuries. That's what this team does -- they can keep it close, but they struggle to seal the deal. You can almost see them bumping up against an invisible ceiling and saying, "Aw crap, I guess that's as good as we're allowed to be tonight." People who dislike Blashill wouldn't necessarily be wrong to cite the past few games as evidence that Blashill really isn't getting the most out of this team that he can, at least not with any consistency.

Looking at next week's schedule...@ Philly on Tuesday, @ Carolina on Thursday, hosting the Panthers on Sunday, and @ Toronto on Sunday. There's a chance to get some wins here. If we don't get some wins here, the playoffs (un)officially become a pipe dream.

Double header on Sunday will be rough.