• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

12/18 What Doesn't Kill You GDT - Red Wings @ Flyers - 7:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, Dabura said:

You really have to admire our commitment to the don't-shoot-the-puck-at-the-goalie cause.

Do I have to?  I wish I understood the lack of energy here, this game was very winnable, all the way.  Not going to have an easier matchup the rest of December.  Oh, well...

Well it seems like we are getting back into opening season form. Need to snap out of it next game, the Flyers are a mess, this game should have been won, granted I didn't see a lot of it. On a road trip like this, these are the matchups you show up to. 

Just now, puckloo39 said:

Do I have to?  I wish I understood the lack of energy here, this game was very winnable, all the way.  Not going to have an easier matchup the rest of December.  Oh, well...

2 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Well it seems like we are getting back into opening season form. Need to snap out of it next game, the Flyers are a mess, this game should have been won, granted I didn't see a lot of it. On a road trip like this, these are the match ups you show up to. 

Could be a long rest of December. (Yes, I'm saving the Counting Crows song for the final December game.) Could be a long rest of the season, really.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Just gonna say, I'm tired of Jimmy and his every year pre-christmas injury. This guy better not be re-signed, it's over.

Jimmy is a holiday tradition.

Image result for jimmy stewart its a wonderful life gif

3 hours ago, puckloo39 said:

Blashill was a goalie, right?  He could be the ninja-emergency psuedo back up, and let that poor guy in the Ozzie jersey coach instead.  How bad could it be?

Yep.

Jeff Blashill as a Ferris State Bulldog goaltender

4 hours ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

Mike Green

I would love one our stats gurus to tell me what our record is with and without Green. I'm guessing we have barely won a game without him. He eats minutes, he plays special teams and he MOVE THE DAMN PUCK.  

4 minutes ago, puckbags said:

I would love one our stats gurus to tell me what our record is with and without Green. I'm guessing we have barely won a game without him. He eats minutes, he plays special teams and he MOVE THE DAMN PUCK.  

I did my own research quickly. We are 13-8-2 with Green in the lineup and 1-8-3 without. That is a pretty telling stat. 

29 minutes ago, puckbags said:

I did my own research quickly. We are 13-8-2 with Green in the lineup and 1-8-3 without. That is a pretty telling stat.

And a pretty good selling point if Holland were to trade him.

I'm really hoping we can ship a few guys off by the deadline, and acquire another 1st, and 2nd round picks.

28 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

And a pretty good selling point if Holland were to trade him.

I'm really hoping we can ship a few guys off by the deadline, and acquire another 1st, and 2nd round picks.

I don't think he will be one of them. He could've went somewhere else in free agency in the off season if he wanted to but decided to re sign in Detroit. I don't know what other offers were out there but I would assume they were comparable to what he got from other teams better than the Wings. 

14 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Probably went for a special back alley rub down. Rub and Tizzug. ( Trailer park boys reference )