• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
F.Michael

If you had the choice...

Rate this topic

Remember when everyone complained that the Wings travel too much, playoffs were taking a toll on them because of all the travel? Now folks want them back in the west? No thanks!

It's not like moving to the east made them stink, and moving them back wouldn't make them Cup favorites again, they'd be even worse in the West. It's the coaching and Ken Holland refusal to move on from "loyal" vets in years past and rewarding them with stupid contracts that has made them stink. Moving back west would be the wrong thing to do. If you want more Chicago rivalry's then move them to the East and Columbus West. We could have an 8 team division that consists of Detroit, Chicago, Rangers, Boston, Montreal, Toronto and then any other 2 teams (Florida, Tampa, Ottawa, Carolina?) to round it out. Original 6 rivalries would be heightened!

IMO, Detroit vs. any one of Toronto, Montreal, Boston is much better than Detroit vs. St. Louis, Nashville or the new Av's.

Again, No thank you!

2 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Remember when everyone complained that the Wings travel too much, playoffs were taking a toll on them because of all the travel? Now folks want them back in the west? No thanks!

It's not like moving to the east made them stink, and moving them back wouldn't make them Cup favorites again, they'd be even worse in the West. It's the coaching and Ken Holland refusal to move on from "loyal" vets in years past and rewarding them with stupid contracts that has made them stink. Moving back west would be the wrong thing to do. If you want more Chicago rivalry's then move them to the East and Columbus West. We could have an 8 team division that consists of Detroit, Chicago, Rangers, Boston, Montreal, Toronto and then any other 2 teams (Florida, Tampa, Ottawa, Carolina?) to round it out. Original 6 rivalries would be heightened!

IMO, Detroit vs. any one of Toronto, Montreal, Boston is much better than Detroit vs. St. Louis, Nashville or the new Av's.

Again, No thank you!

It's winning and being a dominant team for 25 years that's made them stink, currently. Haven't we been over this at least 2 dozen times? 

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Am I the only one who thinks that had it not been the 3 hour time difference at times in the playoffs that the Wings would have won more Cups? I truly believe that they were at times so gassed from having to play teams outside of their time zone that it cost them in the playoffs.

I doubt the time difference ever had much of an impact on the Wings winning or losing, but it is the main (only) reason, I'd hate to see them back in the West. Those 11:30-12:00 starts on those west coast trips were f***ing brutal... I'd prefer they stay in the East, and luckily for me, they won't be moving back.

7 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I doubt the time difference ever had much of an impact on the Wings winning or losing, but it is the main (only) reason, I'd hate to see them back in the West. Those 11:30-12:00 starts on those west coast trips were f***ing brutal... I'd prefer they stay in the East, and luckily for me, they won't be moving back.

Oh yeah. 7:00 Pacific time is like 11;30 up there? Weirdo Newfies.:lol:

7 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Oh yeah. 7:00 Pacific time is like 11;30 up there? Weirdo Newfies.:lol:

Yeah, Newfoundland time zone is the worst... "early games" are 8:30 start here. If you want to stay up to watch a "late game", it's 11:30 or 12:00 start... I miss the days living out west, and I'd get off work at 4:30 and rush home for the 5:00 Wings game...

On 12/18/2018 at 7:25 PM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Yep. He does. Here's the proof:

Sign the moose Kenny !! She could be our new enforcer cause that was an arse whuppin on a  Probie/Joey/Dmac level!! 

Prefer to stay in the east as we are slowly turning the corner towards respectability 

Edited by AtlantaHotWings
added...

Option #2.  Selfishly - Now that they are in the East, by the time I get my kids to bed most games are in the 3rd period.  I kind of miss the days when we were in the West and I could settle-in at 9-10 PM and have a few beers and watch the full games in peace (no distractions from children).

53 minutes ago, Learn2LuvIt said:

Option #2.  Selfishly - Now that they are in the East, by the time I get my kids to bed most games are in the 3rd period.  I kind of miss the days when we were in the West and I could settle-in at 9-10 PM and have a few beers and watch the full games in peace (no distractions from children).

This.

As a parent of 3 lil'dudes I know exactly what you mean...9 pm cst is about when I can chillax...Game is nearly over by then if I were to watch it live.