• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

12/27 Endurance GDT - Red Wings @ Penguins - 7:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

Something interesting I've found at this point of the season:

Tonight marks game thirty-nine in the current schedule.

Results can currently be put into one of two buckets, a Close Decision Game (CDG), decided either way by 1 or 2 goals or a Decisive Decision Game (DDG), decided either way by 3 or more goals. Since the 2005-06 season (because of the introduction of the shootout), a game result can only be one or the other, with CDG plus DDG being equal to the number of games played. Prior to 2004-05 and back in the day of tie games ('member them?), CDG plus DDG plus Tie games would equal the number of games played.

At this point of the season, after 38 games, the Club has a CDG total of 33. All-time, this is one more than at the same point of the season in both 2008-09 and 2015-16.

Currently, the Club has a DDG total of 5 after 38 games and this is where it gets interesting. This total is one fewer than the following seasons, in chronological order: 1936-37, 1940-41, 1959-60, 1986-87, 2008-09 and 2014-15, making 4 tie-game seasons and 2 shoutout seasons.

Note: The interest level of others may vary.

6 hours ago, cusimano_brothers said:

Results can currently be put into one of two buckets, a Close Decision Game (CDG), decided either way by 1 or 2 goals or a Decisive Decision Game (DDG), decided either way by 3 or more goals. Since the 2005-06 season (because of the introduction of the shootout), a game result can only be one or the other, with CDG plus DDG being equal to the number of games played. Prior to 2004-05 and back in the day of tie games ('member them?), CDG plus DDG plus Tie games would equal the number of games played.

At this point of the season, after 38 games, the Club has a CDG total of 33. All-time, this is one more than at the same point of the season in both 2008-09 and 2015-16.

Currently, the Club has a DDG total of 5 after 38 games and this is where it gets interesting. This total is one fewer than the following seasons, in chronological order: 1936-37, 1940-41, 1959-60, 1986-87, 2008-09 and 2014-15, making 4 tie-game seasons and 2 shoutout seasons.

My head just exploded but very interesting :)

7 hours ago, cusimano_brothers said:

So with my brain doing flips after reading this....we have 33 CDG which is one more than the previous seasons so does that mean we are better or worse or has parity made the CDG higher? Also comparing the CDG of this team vs the CDG of 2008/09 how do the number of wins compare? 

I like saying CDG ...I sound cool

2 minutes ago, puckloo39 said:

Hi, Dabs,,,, hope you had a nice Christmas?

We need to tell the Wings that Christmas is over and to stop giving away the puck.....

Sup loo! My Christmas was quiet and uneventful. Just the way I like it. :) Hope you had a good one.

P.S. I see what you did there. ;) Time for the Wings to be Grinchy, methinks.

Just now, Dabura said:

Had totally forgotten!

me too, poor kid.  Now he was to wear that hideous yellow uni.  Insult to injury.

Vanek just knocked some more paint off the post

Just now, Hockeymom1960 said:

Did you have a nice Christmas Loo?

I'm thinking it's because Zetterberg hasn't officially retired.

Hank would not mind a bit, I imagine. 

and yes, I did, HMom... hope yours was nice as well.  I am enjoying not working for the first time in probably 15 years during the Christmas break...

3 minutes ago, puckloo39 said:

me too, poor kid.  Now he was to wear that hideous yellow uni.  Insult to injury.

Vanek just knocked some more paint off the post

Hank would not mind a bit, I imagine. 

and yes, I did, HMom... hope yours was nice as well.  I am enjoying not working for the first time in probably 15 years during the Christmas break...

That's great, you deserve it.  

So not sure if anyone has mentioned it but are those 3rd jerseys of the Pens :bad: