No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

12/29 Onwards GDT - Red Wings @ Stars - 8:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

Points update:

• Larkin (1G) - 17 goals and 38 points thru 40 games
  • Nyquist (1A) - 9 goals and 33 points thru 40 games

Larkin extended his point streak to 13 games.

4 minutes ago, puckloo39 said:

whooo... I couldn't turn that one off fast enough.  Better luck next game, babies.... FL at home (Monday Jan 31), perhaps some home cooking will improve their luck.  lgrw!!!

We shall see! Would be nice to see the Wings usher in the new year with a win.

I'm off to bed! Thanks as always for hanging out, fam. Peace. :bye1:

I think that Jimmy D needs to go to the press and say something to the nature of, "our crappy players are playing really crappy, and that they need to help out guys like Larkin and Nyquist". Or something like that. While Jim Lites' words to the press didn't necessarily light a fire under Benn or Seguin tonight, the rest of the team sure did pick up the slack. Maybe we can get some of our passengers to get out of the bus, and help push it just a little bit. 

Anyway, can't wait for our New Years Eve game. It's always been a lot of fun over the years. Let's just hope the The Panthers don't come in and spoil the fun like they have a history of doing. 

10 hours ago, BigWillieStyle said:

I think that Jimmy D needs to go to the press and say something to the nature of, "our crappy players are playing really crappy, and that they need to help out guys like Larkin and Nyquist". Or something like that. While Jim Lites' words to the press didn't necessarily light a fire under Benn or Seguin tonight, the rest of the team sure did pick up the slack. Maybe we can get some of our passengers to get out of the bus, and help push it just a little bit.

TBH, I didn't get the sense that the Stars put in an especially purposeful performance. I think it was more that the Wings are a total mess.

Lites could get away with saying what he said because there are actual expectations for that Stars team; they have really good core pieces in Benn and Seguin and Radulov and Klingberg and Heiskanen and Bishop, and a couple of those players are making BIG money. The Wings' higher-ups know they can't s***can this Wings team without it boomeranging right back at them; the architects cobbled together a bad team for the 2018-19 season and bad hockey is exactly what we're getting. If anything, the Wings have overachieved this season, given the injury woes.

I do think this team has way too many passengers, but I really don't know that we can realistically expect much more from those passengers than what we're getting. Kronwall is Kronwall. Ericsson is Ericsson. Daley is Daley. Jensen is Jensen. Bernier is Bernier. Abdelkader is Abdelkader. Nielsen is Nielsen. Vanek is Vanek. Glendening is Glendening. Athanasiou is back to looking like he's a career depth scorer, not a true go-to guy. With all due respect to the players, this is a team of nobodies.