• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

12/31 ...and Upwards GDT - Panthers @ Red Wings - 7:30 PM ET

Rate this topic

13 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Yep. Putting the 3 players with the highest point totals on the team, one who is on a 14 game point streak and another who has the best shootout percentage on the team, in the shootout is stupid.

#fireblashill 

Everyone complains about guys getting assignments and ice time that they haven't earned, then when Blash puts the 3 guys who have earned it the most in the SO, he's still an idiot.

I think you have to get AA up in the shootout by now.  He has proven his efficiency 1 on 1 with the keeper.  

Nielsen

AA

Larkin/Nyquist

I will ask you to refer again to our lineup without Green in the lineup.  Eats minutes so some of these other chumps don't play as much, plays the PP, Plays against top players and he can actually move the puck out of our end.  I know Green wouldn't be considered a true #1 anymore but he is the closest we have to one. 

As for Blashill. Just listen to his post game pressers. He says the same thing every bloody time. " We can't dwell on that game, we just have to get better".............YOU AREN'T GETTING BETTER JEFF. 

3 hours ago, puckbags said:

I will ask you to refer again to our lineup without Green in the lineup.  Eats minutes so some of these other chumps don't play as much, plays the PP, Plays against top players and he can actually move the puck out of our end.  I know Green wouldn't be considered a true #1 anymore but he is the closest we have to one. 

As for Blashill. Just listen to his post game pressers. He says the same thing every bloody time. " We can't dwell on that game, we just have to get better".............YOU AREN'T GETTING BETTER JEFF. 

Are you saying Blashill is lazy?

Are you saying he sucks?

8 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I think you have to get AA up in the shootout by now.  He has proven his efficiency 1 on 1 with the keeper.  

Nielsen

AA

Larkin/Nyquist

AA had a good game and was deserving of an opportunity in the SO. You would get no argument from me there. But, breakaways during gameplay and shootouts are 2 different things. Larkin is as fast as AA and has better hands. He's hot offensively right now. Nielsen is historically your best SO guy. And Nyquist is pretty good at one on ones too. He's still 2nd on the team in scoring, and he scored earlier in the game too. Not saying all 3 of those should have been there over AA, but it's not like Blash put Abby or Helm out there. He put out 3 legit scorers who had just as much chance as AA to score. Blashill makes some questionable decisions in shootouts sometimes, but this wasn't one of them, IMO.

4 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

AA had a good game and was deserving of an opportunity in the SO. You would get no argument from me there. But, breakaways during gameplay and shootouts are 2 different things. Larkin is as fast as AA and has better hands. He's hot offensively right now. Nielsen is historically your best SO guy. And Nyquist is pretty good at one on ones too. He's still 2nd on the team in scoring, and he scored earlier in the game too. Not saying all 3 of those should have been there over AA, but it's not like Blash put Abby or Helm out there. He put out 3 legit scorers who had just as much chance as AA to score. Blashill makes some questionable decisions in shootouts sometimes, but this wasn't one of them, IMO.

Nielsen may be "historically" good in the shootouts, but he's been really bad (1 for 6) this season. Same goes for Nyquist (1 for 6), Vanek (0 for 4) and even Larkin (1 for 4). You know who's been our best shootout performer? Athanasiou. Currently shooting at 100%. Granted he's only had one opportunity, but the question is why has he only been given one opportunity? He's proven to be lethal on breakaways, and while in game breakaways and skills competition shootouts are slightly different, they're not that different. I disagree that Larkin has better hands than Athanasiou. Larkin is obviously a better all around player, but I think AA probably has the best hands on the team in tight on breakaways, especially at top speed. By the way, Blashill has put Abdelkader in more (double) shootouts than Athanasiou. It's f***ing asinine that AA is left on the bench for the skills competition, and I honestly can't believe anyone is arguing that... Why does Blash keep going back to the same old well? It's not like we've been winning with Nielsen, Nyquist and Vanek shooting. I'd rather see Bertuzzi or Rasmussen or even a defenseman, Cholowski or Hronek given an opportunity at this point. They can't be any worse...

15 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Nielsen may be "historically" good in the shootouts, but he's been really bad (1 for 6) this season. Same goes for Nyquist (1 for 6), Vanek (0 for 4) and even Larkin (1 for 4). You know who's been our best shootout performer? Athanasiou. Currently shooting at 100%. Granted he's only had one opportunity, but the question is why has he only been given one opportunity? He's proven to be lethal on breakaways, and while in game breakaways and skills competition shootouts are slightly different, they're not that different. I disagree that Larkin has better hands than Athanasiou. Larkin is obviously a better all around player, but I think AA probably has the best hands on the team in tight on breakaways, especially at top speed. By the way, Blashill has put Abdelkader in more (double) shootouts than Athanasiou. It's f***ing asinine that AA is left on the bench for the skills competition, and I honestly can't believe anyone is arguing that... Why does Blash keep going back to the same old well? It's not like we've been winning with Nielsen, Nyquist and Vanek shooting. I'd rather see Bertuzzi or Rasmussen or even a defenseman, Cholowski or Hronek given an opportunity at this point. They can't be any worse...

Don't know why AA isn't getting more opportunities there. But I also don't know what Blashills logic is. I don't get to watch him in practice. Maybe there is a reason none of us is aware of. Don't know. But "idiocy" is not a valid explanation. Blashill is an NHL Head Coach, good one or not. I am sure he has what seem like valid reasons to him based on what he sees that the rest of us don't get to. Nothing wrong with disagreeing with his decisions, even if we have limited insight. But sometimes folks go way too overboard in their criticism. Like I said, there are plenty of things to gripe about with this team, but putting Nielsen, Larkin, and Nyquist on the SO instead of AA seems more like complaining for the sake of complaining.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

23 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Don't know why AA isn't getting more opportunities there. But I also don't know what Blashills logic is. I don't get to watch him in practice. Maybe there is a reason none of us is aware of. Don't know. But "idiocy" is not a valid explanation. Blashill is an NHL Head Coach, good one or not. I am sure he has what seem like valid reasons to him based on what he sees that the rest of us don't get to. Nothing wrong with disagreeing with his decisions, even if we have limited insight. But sometimes folks go way too overboard in their criticism. Like I said, there are plenty of things to gripe about with this team, but putting Nielsen, Larkin, and Nyquist on the SO instead of AA seems more like complaining for the sake of complaining.

Bold, I completely agree with. Underlined, I disagree with, at least for myself. I think Blashill is a better NHL head coach than he gets credit for around here, but there are decisions he makes (like every coach) that us fans are going to complain about, and rightfully so. I don't care what AA does in practice, he's clearly getting it done in games. Until he proves otherwise, he should be a go-to guy in every shootout. Just my opinion...

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Bold, I completely agree with. Underlined, I disagree with, at least for myself. I think Blashill is a better NHL head coach than he gets credit for around here, but there are decisions he makes (like every coach) that us fans are going to complain about, and rightfully so. I don't care what AA does in practice, he's clearly getting it done in games. Until he proves otherwise, he should be a go-to guy in every shootout. Just my opinion...

Totally reasonable.Yeah, he does stuff I don't agree with sometimes too. And I am not afraid to say that I don't agree with it when he does it. What I won't do is call him an idiot or demand he be fired because he does something I don't agree with (unfortunately there are some who do). As a casual fan with no coaching experience who isn't privy to everything a head coach would be, I at least try to give Blash the benefit of the doubt that he makes decisions based on what he believes is best for the team, even if I don't understand his logic (same with Holland). I also know that Blashill is a better Coach than I would ever be and Holland is a better GM than I could ever be, therefore I try to still show them both a measure of respect that is deserved for someone in their positions. There is nothing wrong with questioning, criticizing, or disagreeing with team decisions, and it's a normal part of being a fan and makes for interesting discussions. But when we start to put ourselves at Blash's or Holland's level, as if we know better than them, or think we would do a better job than them...we lose credibility, and our arguments become stale.

BTW, I am not accusing you of any of this by any means. You are one of many posters who are fairly critical and don't project yourself to be anything more than a fan. Not everyone is that way tho.