• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

1/6 Capitals Punishment GDT - Capitals @ Red Wings - 5:00 PM ET (NHLN-US)

Rate this topic

Notes: Green skating, getting closer to returning to Wings [DetroitRedWings.com]

Wings coach Jeff Blashill said after Green is able to skate with stops and starts, it should be about a week before Green can play.

Green said he did do stops and starts Saturday and it felt okay.

"It did, yeah. I'm just gonna kind of make sure that I don't have any setbacks," Green said. "Yesterday and today I haven't, so it'll be like Blash said, about a week."

ATHANASIOU MOVING UP: Quietly, or maybe quickly, Andreas Athanasiou has moved into third on the team in scoring with 25 points in 37 games.

Last season Athanasiou had 33 points in 71 games.

Only Dylan Larkin with 40 points and Gustav Nyquist with 35 have more.

Athanasiou is second in goals with 15 to Larkin's 18. Both scored in Friday's 4-3 overtime victory over the Nashville Predators.

With one more goal, Athanasiou will tie the 16 he had all of last season.

GREEN HYPE! ATHANASIOU HYPE!

Edited by Dabura

I had a pretty good pre-game feeling about the Preds game and I have a similar feeling about this one. Caps clobbered us in our previous meeting and I'm expecting the Wings to play like there's something to prove tonight. Should be a good one. I think. Maybe. Possibly. Hopefully.

A little under an hour until game time. LGRW!

31 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I had a pretty good pre-game feeling about the Preds game and I have a similar feeling about this one. Caps clobbered us in our previous meeting and I'm expecting the Wings to play like there's something to prove tonight. Should be a good one. I think. Maybe. Possibly. Hopefully.

A little under an hour until game time. LGRW!

My thoughts exactly!  I get to watch this one so Im hoping for a good showing, big night for Mantha after his return me thinks

Just now, puckloo39 said:

How is everyone this fine afternoon?  I also have a good feeling about this one.... getting Mantha back was as big as he is... .and if we can get Green back on his skates, we may have something here.  LGRW!!

Sup loo. I'm good, you?

Incidentally, YOU FRKING JINXED IT!

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

Sup loo. I'm good, you?

Incidentally, YOU FRKING JINXED IT!

No Moosie?  Not liking that... dang it...:(

1 minute ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

At the game!!! So stoked!!! LGRW!!!

Have fun, and cheer real loud for them...

Edited by puckloo39

Just now, Dabura said:

*checks stats*

Yep, I can get behind this. In my scientific estimation, dude is due.

He is my Cleary type player this year... the guy takes nothing for granted and plays his guts out, every single game.  How can you not like that, I say?

3 minutes ago, puckloo39 said:

He is my Cleary type player this year... the guy takes nothing for granted and plays his guts out, every single game.  How can you not like that, I say?

Ooo, I like that. Definitely a good soldier type. Sometimes it feels like Ken and Mickey are the only people in the world who acknowledge his existence.

Edited by Dabura

Just now, Dabura said:

Ooo, I like that. Definitely a good solider type. Sometimes it feels like Ken and Mickey are the only people in the world who acknowledge his existence.

and me.  I love an underdog, good-hearted player who lays his soul out there for his team every night.  That is Jensen.  And it was Cleary, as well, regardless of the outcome of his efforts.  He never gave up.  Jensen doesn't either.... I like players with that trait.

Just now, puckloo39 said:

and me.  I love an underdog, good-hearted player who lays his soul out there for his team every night.  That is Jensen.  And it was Cleary, as well, regardless of the outcome of his efforts.  He never gave up.  Jensen doesn't either.... I like players with that trait.

sorry not sorry