• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

2019 Trade Deadline

Rate this topic

20 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Where did you hear this from??? And I don’t even know why anyone would be surprised look at our last top 10 pick , instead of taking a dman like branstromm we took Rasmussen cause of his size and in my eyes unless he dramatically changes next couple seasons he’s gonna be a third liner we use in front of the net on the ppl 

i know the scouting got better around the league but at this point I’d just tell Hakan Anderson to draft all our picks and try and hit homeruns, tired of us drafting guys who are “sure” nhlers who amount to nothing but bottom line guys and bottom pair dmen 

Who was the last "homerun" that Andersson had a hand in drafting? Franzen? Our core is basically all players that Tyler Wright has drafted. Larkin, Mantha, Bertuzzi, Cholowski, etc. I wasn't a fan of the Rasmussen pick either, but I think it's way too early to write him off already.

I have no issue with our scouting staff. I think they've done really well. They're not going to hit on every single pick.

29 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

well if we land the top pick I’d trade back and take Kaako and try and land a early second if possible , just not sold on all the Hughes hype 

If we win the lottery, there's no way I'd pass up on Hughes. I'd be more inclined to trade back if we were drafting 2nd or 3rd.

Is there an appetite to move out Kronwall and Howard?

I believe Kronwall likely gets a late 1st rder and a good prospect or roster player.

Howard would fetch the same or more methinks.

Also, in the spirit of the shortbus new kid that I am, how do I get double-spacing to end when I type? Every sentence is a paragraph. Except this one...hmmm. Will I be forgiven for run-on sentences?

I prefer to look dumb all by myself. lol

Just now, conundrumed said:

I believe Kronwall likely gets a late 1st rder and a good prospect or roster player.

Also, in the spirit of the shortbus new kid that I am, how do I get double-spacing to end when I type? Every sentence is a paragraph. Except this one...hmmm. Will I be forgiven for run-on sentences?

Nah, Kronwall won't get us a late 1st rounder and a good prospect. At best maybe a 2nd rounder and that's it. 

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Who was the last "homerun" that Andersson had a hand in drafting? Franzen? Our core is basically all players that Tyler Wright has drafted. Larkin, Mantha, Bertuzzi, Cholowski, etc. I wasn't a fan of the Rasmussen pick either, but I think it's way too early to write him off already.

I have no issue with our scouting staff. I think they've done really well. They're not going to hit on every single pick.

If we win the lottery, there's no way I'd pass up on Hughes. I'd be more inclined to trade back if we were drafting 2nd or 3rd.

That’s fair ... I don’t know which picks or how many he has chosen in recent years but I do know we been drafting a lot of Canadian and American kids prior to last seasons draft and got a ton of duds and I’m pretty sure that’s not on him ... we haven’t got many Great picks the last what 10 years ? I’d have to check and try and guess who were hakans picks but I do know he’s the one who’s helped bring us all the massive stars and success 

might be too early to write off Rasmussen but I’m not expecting much out of him like I am with zadina so if he does anything I’ll be pleasantly surprised 

yes I’m aware it’s not easy to hit with every draft pick we get but I’m tired of playing it safe and going for the sure nhl guy I wanna take risks and go for skill and guys than can turn out to be stars like hank and pav and so on  not just be like he’s big , can skate and hits , got heart he’s gonna play in the league so we take him (although I’m happy with bertuzzi and I’m hopeful smith can be in that similar type role)

guess everyone’s got their opinions on hughes and I’m sure I’m more in the minority but I’d take a hard pass on him and rather have the Finnish kid so I’ll secretly be rooting for the wings to land #2 cause I know we’d take hughes cause he played in Detroit 

12 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Think depending on the team and if they believe in their cup chances and if someone else makes a bold move and they wanna get someone maybe we can land a late first  like 27-31 for kronwall ... likely a second, maybe a 4th or 5th thrown in there as well for good measure which I’d take 

1 minute ago, kickazz said:

Nah, Kronwall won't get us a late 1st rounder and a good prospect. At best maybe a 2nd rounder and that's it. 

Kronwall has name recognition that carries weight around the league. I think we as fans get too intimate watching the same show more than anyone else. And then we overrate and underrate values.

But I have been reading that he could get all of a low first, a prospect AND a roster player. TDL trades can be big pays. Lots of examples of that happening.

For a team that still needs to get younger Holland can do that this TDL imho. Stock some picks and trade up at the draft table. Also, Cap hell needs to disappear. Live and die by LTIR's a hard road.

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

Kronwall has name recognition that carries weight around the league. I think we as fans get too intimate watching the same show more than anyone else. And then we overrate and underrate values.

But I have been reading that he could get all of a low first, a prospect AND a roster player. TDL trades can be big pays. Lots of examples of that happening.

For a team that still needs to get younger Holland can do that this TDL imho. Stock some picks and trade up at the draft table. Also, Cap hell needs to disappear. Live and die by LTIR's a hard road.

Do you have a reputable source or is this just fan talk from other forums? I think this would be a case of overrating value on Kronwall. I'd be surprised if he could get us a 1st, let alone other pieces along with it. 

26 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Do you have a reputable source or is this just fan talk from other forums? I think this would be a case of overrating value on Kronwall. I'd be surprised if he could get us a 1st, let alone other pieces along with it. 

apparently there’s a huge demand for right handed dmen and if Holland is smart he’d think of the future and throw green out there , I’m sure we’d get a 1st round pick + in return considering the team would get two chances at the cup with him .... maybe his old gm McPhee takes a shot with him ? Hoping Vegas can keep going upwards in the playoffs and keep building momentum 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

2 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

apparently there’s a huge demand for right handed dmen and if Holland is smart he’d think of the future and throw green out there , I’m sure we’d get a 1st round pick + in return considering the team would get two chances at the cup with him .... maybe his old gm McPhee takes a shot with him ? Hoping Vegas can keep going upwards in the playoffs and keep building momentum 

NTC

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

It's discussion. It's TDL, and he'll be highly sought after. In my opinion, if that's okay. Or should I quote reputable sources before I enter a discussion? And what's the list of reputable sources?:baby:

36 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

It's discussion. It's TDL, and he'll be highly sought after. In my opinion, if that's okay. Or should I quote reputable sources before I enter a discussion? And what's the list of reputable sources?:baby:

You're the one who said: 

But I have been reading that he could get all of a low first, a prospect AND a roster player. 

Can you blame anyone for asking where you actually read it? 

5 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Ain’t nobody giving up a 1st rounder for a retiring defenseman that’s a fraction of a player he used to be. 

5 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Like kliq said, I'm only asking for sources because you specifically said that you've "been reading that he could get all of a low first, a prospect AND a roster player". If you had said that it was your opinion, I would have just said the last sentence, "I'd be surprised if he could get us a 1st, let alone other pieces along with it". So yeah, sources are important if you're reporting a rumor. Otherwise people won't take it too seriously...

As for sources, I would say Bob McKenzie, Darren Dreger, Pierre LeBrun or any of the other big names from TSN are the most reputable. Ansar Kahn or Craig Custance are good for Red Wings specific news.

6 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

So if someone calls and says we’ll give you a 1st and 2nds and 12 little caesars extra large pizzas for kronwall ken Holland will just say we can get little caesars pizzas for free and hang up?

No he will say "Nyquististhefuture biiiaaatch"

Then he'll hang up. 

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

So if someone calls and says we’ll give you a 1st and 2nds and 12 little caesars extra large pizzas for kronwall ken Holland will just say we can get little caesars pizzas for free and hang up?

No .  I am saying GREEN has a no trade clause in his contract (the player mentioned in ur post that I responded to). Holland can field all the offers he wants, but unless Green consents to be traded, he can't be. And no, I don't think Green waives it. He still has a year left on his contract and he had the NTC put in there specifically because he has a family and likes living in the Detroit Metro Area and doesn't want to move them.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

15 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I agree with your point, but your facts are a bit off on this one.  The year that Mantha and Bertuzzi were drafted was the last year under the old regime, headed by Director of Amateur Scouting Joe McDonnell.  McDonnell left that year with Jim Nill on July 6th, 2013, a month after the Mantha draft, and was replaced by Tyler Wright. Wright was responsible for drafting Larkin, Svech, Cholo, Hronek, Rasmussen, Zadina, Veleno, etc. etc.  But your general point is correct, that Hakan really didn't have much to do with our recent successes on draft day, though the jury is still out on what we'll be getting from Saarijarvi, Lindstrom, Berggren, who are all Hakan picks. 

17 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I put a ton of stock into what Button says about prospects, but I think it's waaay too early to consider Bouchard a "potential bust". Especially based on one man's opinion. The same opinion that considered Bouchard the best defenseman (outside of Dahlin) in the draft, just a few short months ago...

I mean, sure, the possibility is there that Bouchard flops, but the same goes for Zadina, or Hughes, or Boqvist, etc. at this point. I've heard a lot of negativity surrounding Zadina's name as well, but I'm not ready to consider the draft a complete bust, just a few months into the draft +1 season.

I still think Zadina will be a top line scoring winger and I still think Bouchard will be a top three defenseman and number one power-play quarterback. I'm happy with the Zadina pick, but would have been happy if we traded back (like you're suggesting to do this year) and taken Bouchard, plus another player later in the 1st or 2nd round as well.

I don't know whether Bouchard will turn out to be that good or not.  My point wasn't really to condemn him as a prospect as much as to say that of all the top d-men in last year's draft (Dahlin, Hughes, Boquist, Dobson, Ty Smith, and Bouchard) he's the only one who didn't make the list and he's the one we wanted.  And that the knock on him, skating and pace, is such an obvious thing to avoid when going to the draft table is worrying.  Not to say that this particular criticism is always warranted; Rasmussen was criticisized for the same thing and I think his skating is fine.  It's just a little scary that the best draft we've had in ages sorta fell into our laps, and that the top guy we were looking at turned out to be probably the biggest question mark in the top ten.  Having said all that, I think the Berggren and McIsaac picks may end up being the sleepers of the draft for us, so it's hard to be too critical given how excellent those picks were. 

17 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

No .  I am saying GREEN has a no trade clause in his contract (the player mentioned in ur post that I responded to). Holland can field all the offers he wants, but unless Green consents to be traded, he can't be. And no, I don't think Green waives it. He still has a year left on his contract and he had the NTC put in there specifically because he has a family and likes living in the Detroit Metro Area and doesn't want to move them.

I also think we were the only fools who’d have given him that contract after he got injured which is why he came back and the obvious being comfortable with the guys in the room 

if he had a chance to go to Vegas with his old gm and pay a lot less taxes I think he’s strongly consider it .... sunny tampa with a chance to win the cup and again a lot less taxes ? He’d strongly consider it 

Point is if we get a strong enough deal for green it doesn’t hurt us to ask him if he’d consider waving his ntc to go to so and so 

12 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I agree with your point, but your facts are a bit off on this one.  The year that Mantha and Bertuzzi were drafted was the last year under the old regime, headed by Director of Amateur Scouting Joe McDonnell.  McDonnell left that year with Jim Nill on July 6th, 2013, a month after the Mantha draft, and was replaced by Tyler Wright. Wright was responsible for drafting Larkin, Svech, Cholo, Hronek, Rasmussen, Zadina, Veleno, etc. etc.  But your general point is correct, that Hakan really didn't have much to do with our recent successes on draft day, though the jury is still out on what we'll be getting from Saarijarvi, Lindstrom, Berggren, who are all Hakan picks. 

Wright is responsible for making the selections but he’s  taking advice from scouts I’m guessing, so outside of like zadina cause he fell into our laps like how we suppose to know if he’s the one who saw cholowski and said this kids the real deal? Same with hronek which I doubt was wright who saw him 

hakan andersson you can pretty much assume he’s responsible for every Swede taken , I think we have a different scout for Finland so I don’t think saarijarvi falls to him ... maybe Filip larsson does? 

If anyone knows which scouts we have where , following which leagues and countries let me know , just curious 

9 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I don't know whether Bouchard will turn out to be that good or not.  My point wasn't really to condemn him as a prospect as much as to say that of all the top d-men in last year's draft (Dahlin, Hughes, Boquist, Dobson, Ty Smith, and Bouchard) he's the only one who didn't make the list and he's the one we wanted.  And that the knock on him, skating and pace, is such an obvious thing to avoid when going to the draft table is worrying.  Not to say that this particular criticism is always warranted; Rasmussen was criticisized for the same thing and I think his skating is fine.  It's just a little scary that the best draft we've had in ages sorta fell into our laps, and that the top guy we were looking at turned out to be probably the biggest question mark in the top ten.  Having said all that, I think the Berggren and McIsaac picks may end up being the sleepers of the draft for us, so it's hard to be too critical given how excellent those picks were. 

Wilde and Romanov are looking really good though and we can regret passing up on them over mcisaac although he looks like the typical he’s a sure nhl player wings type pick ... hoping he’s a solid too 4 who eats a ton of minutes some day 

we also passed on lauko which I really liked as well as dostal but Jesper eliasson is looking really good thus far 

Just now, nyqvististhefuture said:

Wilde and Romanov are looking really good though and we can regret passing up on them over mcisaac although he looks like the typical he’s a sure nhl player wings type pick ... hoping he’s a solid too 4 who eats a ton of minutes some day 

we also passed on lauko which I really liked as well as dostal but Jesper eliasson is looking really good thus far 

I don't see any reason (yet) to think McIsaac won't be just as good as any of those guys.  There are a few things he really has going for him, particularly his skating, overall athleticism, and the fact that by all account he already plays a very mature game in terms of his defensive positioning.  The latter may explain why his offensive numbers in the Q aren't insane, but in the long term it will serve him well.  My hope is that he turn out to be a Matt Dumba type of guy.

5 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I also think we were the only fools who’d have given him that contract after he got injured which is why he came back and the obvious being comfortable with the guys in the room 

if he had a chance to go to Vegas with his old gm and pay a lot less taxes I think he’s strongly consider it .... sunny tampa with a chance to win the cup and again a lot less taxes ? He’d strongly consider it 

Point is if we get a strong enough deal for green it doesn’t hurt us to ask him if he’d consider waving his ntc to go to so and so 

Wright is responsible for making the selections but he’s  taking advice from scouts I’m guessing, so outside of like zadina cause he fell into our laps like how we suppose to know if he’s the one who saw cholowski and said this kids the real deal? Same with hronek which I doubt was wright who saw him 

hakan andersson you can pretty much assume he’s responsible for every Swede taken , I think we have a different scout for Finland so I don’t think saarijarvi falls to him ... maybe Filip larsson does? 

If anyone knows which scouts we have where , following which leagues and countries let me know , just curious 

Hakan is the head of European scouting, so if a player gets drafted out of a European League by the Red Wings then that player has been given the stamp of approval by Hakan.  I misspoke earlier, Hronek is definitely a Hakan pick.  Zadina, however, is not because while European he was on loan to Halifax in his draft year and would have fallen under the purview of the North American scouting team. 

5 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Its wasnt foolish to give Green that NTC. He has been our best D (when healthy). Not unusual to give vet guys with Greens pedigree a NTC. And no, I don't think he would waive it for LV TB or any other destination. He still has another year on the deal. He has a young family. I dont think he moves them across the country for one year, nor do I think he would live in a separate city from them for a year. Not everything is about money, cups, or fame for these guys. For some, their family comes first. I believe Green is one of those guys.

48 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Hakan is the head of European scouting, so if a player gets drafted out of a European League by the Red Wings then that player has been given the stamp of approval by Hakan.  I misspoke earlier, Hronek is definitely a Hakan pick.  Zadina, however, is not because while European he was on loan to Halifax in his draft year and would have fallen under the purview of the North American scouting team. 

I know he’s the head european scout and probably gets last call but I recall someone else being responsible of players in finland , that’s what I’m saying I’m sure there’s a bunch of guys looking everywhere around Europe and who report to hakan as to who they like and are high on same with wright ... which is why when I hear wright is responsible for Larkin etc... i find it hard to believe he saw every single one of those guys play same like hakan and guys outside of Sweden like hronek 

22 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Its wasnt foolish to give Green that NTC. He has been our best D (when healthy). Not unusual to give vet guys with Greens pedigree a NTC. And no, I don't think he would waive it for LV TB or any other destination. He still has another year on the deal. He has a young family. I dont think he moves them across the country for one year, nor do I think he would live in a separate city from them for a year. Not everything is about money, cups, or fame for these guys. For some, their family comes first. I believe Green is one of those guys.

Every vet on this team has a ntc .... and it doesn’t hurt to ask you can make all these assumptions but no one knows but green