• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

2019 Trade Deadline

Rate this topic

I really like the thought of getting puljujarvi  and having him turn his game around in Detroit , I’d be scared of the trade going bust though cause AA’s speed is what the game is all about now and I do think he’s been getting sh*t on with our stupid coach messing around with his ice time and linemates last few seasons , do think he’s got what it takes to be a 25-30 goal guy annually

definetly a trade to think about 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

The Athletic did a piece on potential trade targets for the Islanders and mentioned Nyquist as the best fit for a rental.  The proposed return would be two 2nd rounders, or a 2nd rounder and a prospect.  So I propose...

To NYI: Gustav Nyquist

To DET: 2nd round pick, Devon Toews. 

8 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

The Athletic did a piece on potential trade targets for the Islanders and mentioned Nyquist as the best fit for a rental.  The proposed return would be two 2nd rounders, or a 2nd rounder and a prospect.  So I propose...

And he quickly becomes Jonas favorite player.

6 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Toews seems like a decent defenseman, but he'll be 25 in a few weeks and we already have a major logjam on defense. We need to make room for Cholowski and Hronek. Adding another player, pushes one (maybe both) out of the lineup. 

If we're trading for prospects, I'd hope we could get an actual prospect...

straight up for

To DET: Bode Wilde

Highly doubt they'd give up on him this early, but that would be my ask...

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

NTC. We've been over this in multiple threads. Green will not be traded.

You don’t think Green would waive his NTC if he got the opportunity to play for a legit contender projected to have a high probability of winning the cup? 

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Toews seems like a decent defenseman, but he'll be 25 in a few weeks and we already have a major logjam on defense. We need to make room for Cholowski and Hronek. Adding another player, pushes one (maybe both) out of the lineup. 

If we're trading for prospects, I'd hope we could get an actual prospect...

straight up for

To DET: Bode Wilde

Highly doubt they'd give up on him this early, but that would be my ask...

Article said that all of NYI top four prospects from the 2018 draft are likely untouchable which is why I opted for Toews.  Forgot to mention that.

52 minutes ago, kliq said:

He blocked a trade last year to Toronto. I remember they were talking about it on 97.1, this is all I could find.

https://tipofthetower.com/2018/02/26/toronto-maple-leafs-rumors-mike-green-blocked-trade/

I bet he’d go back to Caps in a heart beat. They could easily repeat this year. 

5 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Article said that all of NYI top four prospects from the 2018 draft are likely untouchable which is why I opted for Toews.  Forgot to mention that.

Well in that case, I'd rather the two 2nd round picks or a different trade partner.

9 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

NTC. We've been over this in multiple threads. Green will not be traded.

Not saying he would waive his NTC to go to Toronto (he might), but he could waive to go to a contender, if the thought he had a legit shot at winning a Stanley Cup.

6 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Because Muzzin is 4 years younger, costs less, has already won the Stanley Cup, and is under contract for another year. 

3 years, 4 months (splitting hairs I know). We could have retained salary. Not sure if previously winning a Cup really matters (maybe a little). Both Muzzin and Green have one year remaining on their contracts.

In saying all that, I hope Holland doesn't even consider trading Green, unless it's a massive overpayment, which this wasn't. I think Green is too valuable to this team right now. I'd rather keep him around for another season, and trade him at next year's deadline for a 2020 1st round pick...

9 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Because Muzzin is 4 years younger, costs less, has already won the Stanley Cup, and is under contract for another year. 

I considered all this, but think Mike Green is a step above talent wise.  Maybe I'm wrong.

9 hours ago, kliq said:

He blocked a trade last year to Toronto. I remember they were talking about it on 97.1, this is all I could find.

https://tipofthetower.com/2018/02/26/toronto-maple-leafs-rumors-mike-green-blocked-trade/

I wish I didnt know this now.  That sucks.

6 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I considered all this, but think Mike Green is a step above talent wise.  Maybe I'm wrong.

I agree that Green would have been a better option for the Leafs, and maybe Dubas called Holland, but he wasn't available. And don't immediately assume that means Holland is an idiot. He may have asked Green to waive his NTC to go to Toronto, but he said "F*** No! F*** the Leafs!"... At least that's what I'd hope he would say...

Muzzin is a solid addition, but I am a little surprised they traded for another left-handed defenseman after all that talk about them going hard after a righty. And we all know how much Babcock values lefty-righty pairings.