• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

2019 Trade Deadline

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Toronto pays a ransom for a D man, and Holland us talking "stand pat" the make playoffs next season. It's a great time to be a Wings fan.  Ugh...

Exactly.  Holland is such a jackass.  The Tatar trade is the blind squirrel of the century.  I still cant believe that one.  Funny thing is that Tatar is having a fantastic year.  If Veleno and the 2 other picks never pan out, then that trade could be garbage too.  But it looks good as of now.

4 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Toronto pays a ransom for a D man, and Holland us talking "stand pat" the make playoffs next season. It's a great time to be a Wings fan.  Ugh...

A ransom? They gave up a late 1st, that may or may not be a player in 3+ years, and two prospects that might become bottom six winger / bottom pair defenseman in a couple years... I'm actually shocked they didn't have to give up Liljegren, Sandin or Bracco.

Good trade for the Leafs and I hate it...

3 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Remember last year when Holland told everybody in January he was going to trade Tatar to Vegas in a month for a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd? Oh wait............

Holland's just talking s*** right now. On purpose. And honestly, why wouldn't he?

I can't imagine what it must be like to actually think he's being serious about his "plans". 

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I agree that Green would have been a better option for the Leafs, and maybe Dubas called Holland, but he wasn't available. And don't immediately assume that means Holland is an idiot. He may have asked Green to waive his NTC to go to Toronto, but he said "F*** No! F*** the Leafs!"... At least that's what I'd hope he would say...

Muzzin is a solid addition, but I am a little surprised they traded for another left-handed defenseman after all that talk about them going hard after a righty. And we all know how much Babcock values lefty-righty pairings.

The NTC is still on Holland, tho.  He overlays for vets and then cripples the organization by giving them NTCs.  

2 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Exactly.  Holland is such a jackass.  The Tatar trade is the blind squirrel of the century.  I still cant believe that one.  Funny thing is that Tatar is having a fantastic year.  If Veleno and the 2 other picks never pan out, then that trade could be garbage too.  But it looks good as of now.

Confirmation bias? Or psuedo-cautionary tale? 

1 minute ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

The NTC is still on Holland, tho.  He overlays for vets and then cripples the organization by giving them NTCs.  

And yet he's still coming out of the 2019 draft with 31 picks in 3 years. CRIPPLING. 

1 minute ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

You are too intelligent for me right now!  Dumb it down a little, please.

Holland smart. JoMah stupid. 

How's that? 

I'm still hoping we can trade Nyquist to Nashville. The Preds are a very good team, but they lack offensive fire power. Nyquist could help bolster their top six.

Poile bent Holland over 5 years ago with the Legwand trade. Hopefully he can return the favor now. Nyquist for Fabbro (rights) and a 2nd round pick...

Dubas likely wanted Muzzin because he's a possession monster (which Dubas is all about), but still plays really good defense.  Toronto already has two offensive defensemen who can score but don't really defend well (Reilly, Gardiner) both of whom are better than Green at this point in their careers.  Muzzin is a matchup guy, and if you pay attention to Toronto at all you'd know that's exactly what they've been saying they want because Hainsey and Zaitsev aren't hacking it against top forwards. 

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm still hoping we can trade Nyquist to Nashville. The Preds are a very good team, but they lack offensive fire power. Nyquist could help bolster their top six.

Poile bent Holland over 5 years ago with the Legwand trade. Hopefully he can return the favor now. Nyquist for Fabbro (rights) and a 2nd round pick...

The roles are reversed now. Poile is a very good GM, but trades don't generally go in your favor when you need the other team's asset more than they need yours. Holland would win this trade even working only 3 days a year.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

This is what we need man , or even if Carolina is delusional enough to think they can make it I’d even throw in svechnikov and hope they’d think twice about reuniting the brothers and pry Jake bean out of there if possible 

25 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

The roles are reversed now. Poile is a very good GM, but trades don't generally go in your favor when you need the other team's asset more than they need yours. Holland would win this trade even working only 3 days a year.

Which was my point...

On 1/29/2019 at 10:16 AM, krsmith17 said:

A ransom? They gave up a late 1st, that may or may not be a player in 3+ years, and two prospects that might become bottom six winger / bottom pair defenseman in a couple years... I'm actually shocked they didn't have to give up Liljegren, Sandin or Bracco.

Good trade for the Leafs and I hate it...

Yuuuuuuup.

And guess who Muzzin makes his Leafs debut against.

10 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Yuuuuuuup.

I think we should send Witkowski out to f*** him up. Imagine seeing him get a season ending injury on Friday... Sorry, not sorry...

I just hope whatever the Leafs do, Tampa and Boston match. I hope the Bolts trade for Panarin and the B's trade for Duchene and Simmonds... and the Preds trade for Nyquist...

12 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I think we should send Witkowski out to f*** him up. Imagine seeing him get a season ending injury on Friday... Sorry, not sorry...

I just hope whatever the Leafs do, Tampa and Boston match. I hope the Bolts trade for Panarin and the B's trade for Duchene and Simmonds... and the Preds trade for Nyquist...

I hope they're out in the first round and I hope some GM does the right thing and tries to destroy their cap situation with a predatory offer sheet.

10 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I hope they're out in the first round and I hope some GM does the right thing and tries to destroy their cap situation with a predatory offer sheet.

I hope Arizona offer sheets Matthews, Philadelphia offer sheets Kapanen and we offer sheet Marner... :lol:

52 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Yuuuuuuup.

Typical for this season:

- Nylander's first game? Wings

- Dallas first game after Jim Lite's rant? Wings

- Flyer's first game after firing Hakstol? You guessed it.........

37 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

17 minutes ago, Dabura said:

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

I hope Arizona offer sheets Matthews, Philadelphia offer sheets Kapanen and we offer sheet Marner... :lol:

Remember when other team's fans used to say this stuff about Detroit? :crybaby:

7 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Typical for this season:

- Nylander's first game? Wings

- Dallas first game after Jim Lite's rant? Wings

- Flyer's first game after firing Hakstol? You guessed it.........

Didn't Matthews also play his first game back from injury against us? And Oshie? -__-

9 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Remember when other team's fans used to say this stuff about Detroit? :crybaby:

Yes. :unhappy:

The difference is that everyone hates the Leafs as a matter of principle. No one actually roots for the Leafs. Not even their fans.

Wings were hated because they put their money where their mouths were and won Cups and were consistently elite over a very long period of time. Leafs ain't won s***.