• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

2019 Trade Deadline

Rate this topic

Boyle got a 2nd for the same reason we think Glendening might be worth a 2nd: playoff teams like battle-hardened veteran 4Cs who can do a lot of heavy lifting. I couldn't understand why people thought Boyle wouldn't fetch much of a return.

That being said, I'm not sure we can compare a guy like Boyle and a guy like Nyquist. Right or wrong, Nyquist is generally regarded as a complementary playmaking winger who doesn't score a lot of goals and doesn't bring anything else to the table aside from that playmaking ability. Doesn't play center, doesn't kill penalties, may or may not be a boost to a team's power play, isn't really known as a high-character leader, doesn't have an especially impressive playoff resume.

I want a 2nd and a Dante Fabbro for Nyquist, but I'm guessing that's not happening.

We'll see.

7 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

The only good news we can get is to hear stone,panarin,duchene and simmonds have resigned cause those guys are ahead of Gus and really getting in the way of us landing a 1st 

So it's ONLY good news if ALL 5 of the forwards ahead of Nyquist get re-signed? It's not good news if one or two get re-signed?

None of those players are "getting in the way of us landing a 1st" for Nyquist. If / when those players get traded (not all of them will), it will be for a 1st, plus. Then when the teams that missed out on those players go to Holland, he would still get a 1st round pick.

Look at what Holland got in the eleventh hour for Tatar. Not saying he'll get that sort of return, but I have full confidence in Holland getting a very good return on Nyquist.

I hope your right but I don’t see too many teams trading their first round picks after those guys and Tampa can’t trade their first cause of a stipulation with nyr,sj traded away their first as well 

I think Boston,jets,Nashville for sure will trade a top pick but they’ll go for those 4 mentioned before Nyquist , there’s no way Holland repeats what he did with Vegas he got lucky thay a deal fell through and Vegas wanted to make a splash when things were going so good for them it all just fell on our lap last season

i hope we get a 1st but I’m hoping at the very least we get something like 2 2nds or a 2nd and a pretty good prospect , just don’t want us hanging on to him

4 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I hope your right but I don’t see too many teams trading their first round picks after those guys and Tampa can’t trade their first cause of a stipulation with nyr,sj traded away their first as well 

I think Boston,jets,Nashville for sure will trade a top pick but they’ll go for those 4 mentioned before Nyquist , there’s no way Holland repeats what he did with Vegas he got lucky thay a deal fell through and Vegas wanted to make a splash when things were going so good for them it all just fell on our lap last season

i hope we get a 1st but I’m hoping at the very least we get something like 2 2nds or a 2nd and a pretty good prospect , just don’t want us hanging on to him

Still going with that "he got lucky" bulls*** I see. Give credit where credit is due. That was a fantastic trade. But anyway, back to the Nyquist trade talk... All of Calgary, Winnipeg, Nashville, New York, Montreal, Boston, Washington and Pittsburgh have 1st round picks that they could trade. The teams that don't, San Jose, Tampa and Toronto, all have 2nd round picks and prospects that they could trade.

19 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Still going with that "he got lucky" bulls*** I see. Give credit where credit is due. That was a fantastic trade. But anyway, back to the Nyquist trade talk... All of Calgary, Winnipeg, Nashville, New York, Montreal, Boston, Washington and Pittsburgh have 1st round picks that they could trade. The teams that don't, San Jose, Tampa and Toronto, all have 2nd round picks and prospects that they could trade.

Washington makes sense.

53 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Lol hey man it’s my opinion if you can’t see that we got lucky Vegas’s deal fell through and time was running out and they wanted to make a splash cause they had such a great thing going on their first season in the league and wanted to get fans going than what I can tell you 

it worked out great for us so I’m not complaining. Montreal has said they won’t give up a 1st for a rental ... anyways we’ll see what happens trust me I hope I’m wrong, the more guys ahead of Nyquist that can be resigned the better and hopefully panarin somehow ends up in Florida after all and I just heard mikko koivu is out for the year so maybe the wild jump in on Nyquist now 

38 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Washington makes sense.

I’d do caps considering they partied during the off season and how hard it is to repeat they might be outed first round , I like alexeyev as well but doubt they’d deal him

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Lol hey man it’s my opinion if you can’t see that we got lucky Vegas’s deal fell through and time was running out and they wanted to make a splash cause they had such a great thing going on their first season in the league and wanted to get fans going than what I can tell you 

it worked out great for us so I’m not complaining. Montreal has said they won’t give up a 1st for a rental ... anyways we’ll see what happens trust me I hope I’m wrong, the more guys ahead of Nyquist that can be resigned the better and hopefully panarin somehow ends up in Florida after all and I just heard mikko koivu is out for the year so maybe the wild jump in on Nyquist now 

I’d do caps considering they partied during the off season and how hard it is to repeat they might be outed first round , I like alexeyev as well but doubt they’d deal him

I think a projected pick around 30 is a fair return.  If Holland had some brains, he'd bargain for a 2nd in 2019 and a 1st in 2025.

2 hours ago, Dabura said:

Read that article. Sounds like Holland is pretty open-minded with his deadline approach and is certainly saying all the right things. Willing to entertain any scenario that doesn't involve moving a young core player. (D'uh)

It's all on the buyers IMO and what they are willing to pay.

Should be a fun 3 weeks! 

15 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

This is how some imagine that trade went down:

Holland's phone rings ( cause he doesn't actually try to make deals)...

KH: Hello.

GM: Hi Ken, George McPhee here.

KH: Make it quick George, this isnt one of the 3 days a Year I work.

GM: OK. Since you are the only team in the NHL with a player available, and I am desperate to overpay...how about a 1st, a 2nd, and a 3rd round pick for Tatar...Cuz y'know I gots all these extra picks laying around I can afford to just give them away.

KH: You mean I don't have to negotiate at all?

GM: Nope.

KH: Sweet.

Phone clicks.

25 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

GM: OK. Since you are the only team in the NHL with a player available, and I am desperate to overpay...how about a 1st, a 2nd, and a 3rd round pick for Tatar...Cuz y'know I gots all these extra picks laying around I can afford to just give them away.

Phone clicks.

This is obviously what happened. Holland sux...

20 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Why hasn't Holland made the Nyquist move happen yet?  It's a no brainer.  Is Holland waiting for Nyquist to tear an ACL?  WTF.

I know right? Holland, once again, sitting on his ass, not doing s***. He obviously hasn't made any phone calls because he hasn't made any trades... I bet GM's are calling him every day, but the idiot has his phone turned off until February 25th... 

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Phone clicks.

This nonsense again .... they had conversations but  like I said the deal doesn’t happen unless Vegas gets the player they wanted and with the time running out on deadline day and Vegas doing so great in their inaugural season and wanting to make a splash Tatar was the best they can do at that moment 

but hey your pretty funny maybe you should go to a open mic night in some l.a comedy club and give like Andy dick a run for his money 

32 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I know right? Holland, once again, sitting on his ass, not doing s***. He obviously hasn't made any phone calls because he hasn't made any trades... I bet GM's are calling him every day, but the idiot has his phone turned off until February 25th... 

He hasn’t been paying his phone bill since the Tatar trade when his phone rang and startled him

You've got to figure that Howard gets traded regardless of the return right?  I mean, provided he wants a chance at a Cup.  Let's say Holland re-signs him, we're realistically a few years away from Cup contention best case scenario.  Holland would be crazy to sign him for more than a few years.  Meaning, MAYBE in the final year of his new contract he'd have a realistic chance at playing for a Cup.  At which point he'll be 37 years old, and will likely suck.  So he probably wouldn't be playing anyway. 

I think this whole, "we may re-sign him" thing is smoke screen to get the best deal possible at the deadline. 

4 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I think this whole, "we may re-sign him" thing is smoke screen to get the best deal possible at the deadline. 

Totally agree with this.  GM's have to be masters at hiding their disdain (or wanting to move) for their players to boost the optics that said player is a valuable asset.  It's most evident toward the TDL when said players start getting above average ice time.  Scouts in the building!

It's not even that I wouldn't want to re-sign him either.  He's a good enough goalie.  It just doesn't make sense for either party (again, provided he wants to win).  We're not winning any time soon, so no reason he should want to stay with the team.  And when we're ready to win again he'll be old and suck, so no reason the team should want him to stay. 

I figure Holland's pretty serious about wanting to re-sign him and I figure Howard probably wouldn't mind sticking around.

Holland wants the team to push for the playoffs next season. If just a few things go right for us, we might have an honest shot at getting back into the playoffs. Howard gives us a chance to win every night, so we're mostly managing to avoid the whole "consistently bad goaltending that crushes the spirit of a rebuilding team that's already low on confidence" thing, which is good.

2 hours ago, Dabura said:

I figure Holland's pretty serious about wanting to re-sign him and I figure Howard probably wouldn't mind sticking around.

Holland wants the team to push for the playoffs next season. If just a few things go right for us, we might have an honest shot at getting back into the playoffs. Howard gives us a chance to win every night, so we're mostly managing to avoid the whole "consistently bad goaltending that crushes the spirit of a rebuilding team that's already low on confidence" thing, which is good.

I mean, totally agree, but at this stage of his career is Howard happy to make the playoffs or does he want a realistic chance at winning a Cup?  Because while we might make the playoffs next year, we're almost certainly not a Cup contender for at least another 3 years I'd think.