• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

2019 Trade Deadline

Rate this topic

13 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Think we need to start calling the caps and see what we have to do to land that 1st , I don’t think they’d pay the price for stone,duchene etc...  but maybe for Nyquist and something else?

and been thinking with how hard it is to win the cup and ovie and caps partying it up and getting drunk during the summer maybe they’re destined to get knocked out first round and land a better draft position if we had the pick 

Nyquist and Daley?

I could see a handful of teams interested in Gus, but certainly not Daley...Are my eyes deceiving me, or does Daley look like he's struggling out there - especially his skating...

Off Mlive today this posturing or actual belief?

https://www.mlive.com/redwings/2019/02/red-wings-weighing-whether-to-sign-or-trade-as-deadline-looms.html

The Red Wings also don’t seem inclined to want to stockpile more draft picks. Holland pointed out the team has had 31 picks from 2017-2019 and has a number of young players already on the roster, in Grand Rapids or elsewhere in the system. 

“I think we’ve got a lot of future assets,” he said.

That’s why he’d prefer to keep some established NHL players."

40 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I could see a handful of teams interested in Gus, but certainly not Daley...Are my eyes deceiving me, or does Daley look like he's struggling out there - especially his skating...

I feel the same about Daley.. I don't know if he has had some small lingering injury or what but his age seems to be catching up to him for sure. 

32 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

https://www.mlive.com/redwings/2019/02/red-wings-weighing-whether-to-sign-or-trade-as-deadline-looms.html

The Red Wings also don’t seem inclined to want to stockpile more draft picks. Holland pointed out the team has had 31 picks from 2017-2019 and has a number of young players already on the roster, in Grand Rapids or elsewhere in the system. 

Definitely posturing. Holland is not that dumb. You always stock pile draft picks in a rebuild. The more the better. You can then flip quantity for quality on the draft floor.

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

With a year left on his deal yet, I dont see too much interest. Maybe next TDL

48 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

If he's not able to be traded at this year's deadline, hopefully he'll be bought out this summer...

I feel kinda bad for Daley...When he 1st started out here he seemed to play well, but now he looks like he's playing hurt...Age, and the wear & tear of the NHL have caught up with him.

1 hour ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

I read that and think he's basically saying he'd rather resign Jensen than receive a third from Toronto. 

14 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I feel kinda bad for Daley...When he 1st started out here he seemed to play well, but now he looks like he's playing hurt...Age, and the wear & tear of the NHL have caught up with him.

I was never a fan of the Daley signing. We didn't need him two years ago, we didn't need him this year, and we should get rid of him by next year...

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I read that and think he's basically saying he'd rather resign Jensen than receive a third from Toronto. 

Yeah, I agree. Holland isn't going to sell low, and nor should he... All three of Nyquist, Jensen and Howard should be able to get a 2nd plus, if not, don't trade them... unless they've already said they're testing free agency...

4 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Ya I’m totally “shocked” to see daley struggling lol ... I’m just hopeful some team will see his “cup winning” experience as something they’d want to add 

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I was never a fan of the Daley signing. We didn't need him two years ago, we didn't need him this year, and we should get rid of him by next year...

Yeah, I agree. Holland isn't going to sell low, and nor should he... All three of Nyquist, Jensen and Howard should be able to get a 2nd plus, if not, don't trade them... unless they've already said they're testing free agency...

What if it’s a 3rd plus 5th? I’d do it man we need to stockpile picks at the end of the day jensen is a 3rd pairing dman and nothing stops him from testing free agency and seeing his options 

if not this season we can add that 3rd let’s say for 2020 where I think we have  our 7 picks only and green I think is our only trading piece next season, more picks we have more chances we can take 

17 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

What if it’s a 3rd plus 5th? I’d do it man we need to stockpile picks at the end of the day jensen is a 3rd pairing dman and nothing stops him from testing free agency and seeing his options 

if not this season we can add that 3rd let’s say for 2020 where I think we have  our 7 picks only and green I think is our only trading piece next season, more picks we have more chances we can take 

No, nothing is stopping Jensen from testing free agency, but that's a conversation Holland would need to have with him now, before the deadline. Figure out if he wants to stay in Detroit, and what kind of contract he'd be willing to sign. If they can't agree on terms, then yeah, I'd trade him for a 3rd round pick. If he's willing to re-sign a short (2-3 years), relatively cheap (<$2.5M), I wouldn't trade him unless a team is willing to give us a 2nd (or better).

18 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Think we need to start calling the caps and see what we have to do to land that 1st , I don’t think they’d pay the price for stone,duchene etc...  but maybe for Nyquist and something else?

and been thinking with how hard it is to win the cup and ovie and caps partying it up and getting drunk during the summer maybe they’re destined to get knocked out first round and land a better draft position if we had the pick 

Nyquist and Daley?

I'm sure I'm missreading this, but are you suggesting Nyquist would be worth more to a team trying to trade for him than Stone or Duchene?  Maybe you are referring to cap hit, but all are UFA's.  Both Stone and Duchene are quite a bit better than Nyquist and they are both younger as well.

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

If I were Ottawa, I'd be offering Colorado Stone plus to get their own 1st back this year.

If it was me, I'd had giving up a 1st to get a player that is a UFA in 2 months, but teams do it sometimes.  There is value in having that brief time to try and work out a longer term deal with the player and have time to see if that is something you want as well.  The other route is to agree to extension at time of trade as well.

7 minutes ago, toby91_ca said:

I'm sure I'm missreading this, but are you suggesting Nyquist would be worth more to a team trying to trade for him than Stone or Duchene?  Maybe you are referring to cap hit, but all are UFA's.  Both Stone and Duchene are quite a bit better than Nyquist and they are both younger as well.

I read it as, he doesn't think the Caps would be willing to pay a high price (eg 1st round pick, 2nd round pick, high-end prospect, plus) for Panarin, Stone, Duchene. Maybe they'd be more likely to pay a lower price (2nd round pick, plus) for Nyquist. I tend to agree, and if I were a GM, I'd be hesitant in giving up a massive package at the deadline for one player. You never know how these trades will pan out. The player could get injured or just not mesh well with the team. I think it's likely that whoever trades for Nyquist could get a better bang for their buck than if they had traded for one of the top names on the list.

34 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

If I were Ottawa, I'd be offering Colorado Stone plus to get their own 1st back this year.

And if I'm Joe Sakic, I'm laughing at your idiotic misfortune while watching Hughes/Kakko highlights on Youtube, and regenerating the Takathon simulator every 10 seconds, while drinking single malt in my bathrobe. 

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

No, nothing is stopping Jensen from testing free agency, but that's a conversation Holland would need to have with him now, before the deadline. Figure out if he wants to stay in Detroit, and what kind of contract he'd be willing to sign. If they can't agree on terms, then yeah, I'd trade him for a 3rd round pick. If he's willing to re-sign a short (2-3 years), relatively cheap (<$2.5M), I wouldn't trade him unless a team is willing to give us a 2nd (or better).

If he’s willing to sign then he would sign it prior to trade deadline same like duchene and stone , this might be his one chance to cash in , maybe some mediocre team sees him logging lots of minutes and gives him 3x5 ... unless he’s signed just trade him and get back as many picks as possible same with Howard etc... we’re not any position to start declining picks/prospects and dealing Howard might be the difference between us getting hughes/kakko and for me it’s a no brainer 

3 hours ago, toby91_ca said:

No lol he’s nowhere near what duchene and stone will fetch but if he lands us 2 2nds or 2nd and a 3rd and mid prospect whatever it is you pull the trigger we’re not in any position to decline extra assets 

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I read it as, he doesn't think the Caps would be willing to pay a high price (eg 1st round pick, 2nd round pick, high-end prospect, plus) for Panarin, Stone, Duchene. Maybe they'd be more likely to pay a lower price (2nd round pick, plus) for Nyquist. I tend to agree, and if I were a GM, I'd be hesitant in giving up a massive package at the deadline for one player. You never know how these trades will pan out. The player could get injured or just not mesh well with the team. I think it's likely that whoever trades for Nyquist could get a better bang for their buck than if they had traded for one of the top names on the list.

Yup, exactly don’t think caps will give a first + and get involved in those player derby’s but if we can simply get a caps first because I personally think there’s a good chance they’ll get outed I’d just take the first that can be 16-20 and run away with it ... other contenders are surely to be 25-31 

6 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

If he's not able to be traded at this year's deadline, hopefully he'll be bought out this summer...

Why? He's not keeping anyone off the roster who should be there. Try to trade him next season or let him play out his contract. I see no benefit in a buyout and taking on a needless cap hit.

3 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Ya I’m totally “shocked” to see daley struggling lol ... I’m just hopeful some team will see his “cup winning” experience as something they’d want to add 

Why not just re-sign him? The idea that you trade everyone you can during a rebuild to stockpile draft picks is overblown. You trade away guys who are too old to contribute post-rebuild, yes. You trade away pending UFAs that you don't want to re-sign, yes. But Jensen is a solid depth dman who shoots right and is the right age to carry thru a rebuild. Trading him for spare change makes no sense IMO.

5 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

You just gave us the reasons why Holland should re-sign him instead of trade him.

They're reasons why Holland should be thinking about bringing him back while at the same time trying to see if he can't get a solid return for him.

Maybe someone offers two 2nds and Jensen tells Holland he's planning on hitting the open market. In that scenario, I absolutely trade him.

Edited by Dabura

19 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

You just gave us the reasons why Holland should re-sign him instead of trade him.

If you say so

26 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Why? He's not keeping anyone off the roster who should be there. Try to trade him next season or let him play out his contract. I see no benefit in a buyout and taking on a needless cap hit.

Why not just re-sign him? The idea that you trade everyone you can during a rebuild to stockpile draft picks is overblown. You trade away guys who are too old to contribute post-rebuild, yes. You trade away pending UFAs that you don't want to re-sign, yes. But Jensen is a solid depth dman who shoots right and is the right age to carry thru a rebuild. Trading him for spare change makes no sense IMO.

He’s a 3rd paring dman and if reports are true kronwall returns and we retain ericsson where are these roster spots for cholowski and hronek suppose to come From? We’re near the bottom of the league and if we’re realistic with ourselves we won’t be much better than next season so we might as add assets

if he refuses to resign prior to trade deadline he needs to be shipped off 

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

They're reasons why Holland should be thinking about bringing him back while at the same time trying to see if he can't get a solid return for him.

Maybe someone offers two 2nds and Jensen tells Holland he's planning on hitting the open market. In that scenario, I absolutely trade him.

If you can't re-sign him, then yes, get something for him. But unless it's an overpayment, I don't do it unless I know he's leaving.

My point was that Holland should be looking to re-sign him first and foremost, and not go into full blown fire sale mode.

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

If you say so

He’s a 3rd paring dman and if reports are true kronwall returns and we retain ericsson where are these roster spots for cholowski and hronek suppose to come From? We’re near the bottom of the league and if we’re realistic with ourselves we won’t be much better than next season so we might as add assets

if he refuses to resign prior to trade deadline he needs to be shipped off 

Then you re-sign Jensen and deal with the overloaded roster for one year when Green, Daley, and E contracts are up. Letting a relatively young, solid, RH, puck moving dman go during a rebuild when you have 3 pending aged UFA dman next season is poor roster management IMO.