• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

2019 Trade Deadline

Rate this topic

28 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

That sucks

Why? Let the guy finish his career here. He's earned that.

20 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Vanek blocked a deal to Boston and multiple teams LOL

im f***en speechless , I hope he’s out of the league next year  why wouldn’t you wanna go to a cup contender and showcase yourself in the playoffs for another contract

You think he should be out of the NHL because he blocked a trade that would have likely only returned an insignificant draft pick? OK. He signed a NTC. Everyone knew from day one he wasnt going anywhere. Why is this so irritating?

2 minutes ago, Dabura said:

This could be his final year in the NHL. He came back to Detroit because he likes being in Detroit. I suppose he'd rather go out on his terms than be traded for a 3rd-round pick and play five minutes a night in the playoffs.

I'm ok with it.

No. Hes not allowed to do what's best for himself or his family. He should only do what LGW wants him to do or face the consequences.

18 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Why? Let the guy finish his career here. He's earned that.

You think he should be out of the NHL because he blocked a trade that would have likely only returned an insignificant draft pick? OK. He signed a NTC. Everyone knew from day one he wasnt going anywhere. Why is this so irritating?

No. Hes not allowed to do what's best for himself or his family. He should only do what LGW wants him to do or face the consequences.

Ya hes earned it he came to the only team stupid enough to give him a ntc 

that insignificant pick might have turned into something , yes chances are no but you never know 

he can face the consequences of Europe, anyways just two more months of vanek

I give zero s***s about missing out on a 5th round pick for Vanek. Could’ve been something. Almost certainly nothing. I’m not much of a fan of Holland’s NTC practices at all, but this one is about as inconsequential as it gets. 

Edited by gcom007

Just now, toby91_ca said:

What am I missing on the Kevin Hayes trade?  Why was return so high?  I know the first rounder will be a late first rounder, but seems like a lot to give up for Hayes.  Did he sign extension?

Very big body. 26 years old. Centerman. Producing reasonably well this season on a bad team. Kills penalties.

He's the kind of target GMs lust after. Not saying I necessarily agree with it, just that it do be like that.

5 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Very big body. 26 years old. Centerman. Producing reasonably well this season on a bad team. Kills penalties.

He's the kind of target GMs lust after. Not saying I necessarily agree with it, just that it do be like that.

Oh, I get that, just thought it is hefty for a guy they only have for the rest of the season.  Perhaps they worked out an extension, perhaps they feel he puts them over the top this year, or perhaps that’s the price tag for this type of player, even though a UFA

Just now, toby91_ca said:

Oh, I get that, just thought it is hefty for a guy they only have for the rest of the season.  Perhaps they worked out an extension, perhaps they feel he puts them over the top this year, or perhaps that’s the price tag for this type of player, even though a UFA

Gotcha.

Could be that they had an extension in place. Either way, I think it makes sense for the Jets. They're struggling a bit lately, but the Western Conference is wide open this season. This could be their year (and right before Laine gets his big raise).

Well, technically it's a first round pick for Hayes, but lets be honest... it's more like a second.

...and Lemieux?  Who the hell is that?

(that's how it works right? downplaying the relative value of a pick and trade?)

:ninja:

8 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Yzerman could have gotten a first and a second for Nyquist, plus a nice bottle of Scotch.  Holland has no street cred anymore.  

Somebody please make a gif of Kenny from the Block with Ken as JLo. 

”Don’t be fooled by the picks that I got”

”I’m still, I’m still Kenny from the block”

Edited by Akakabuto

Mcquaid to CBJ. Probably means they're done kicking the tires on Kronner now

UPDATE: 4th and 7th going back to NYR

Kypreos saying Mark Stone to Vegas almost a done deal

CBJ now only has a 3rd, a 7th, and another conditional 7th in this draft. Like do you even keep scouting at this point?

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

8 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Mcquaid to CBJ. Probably means they're done kicking the tires on Kronner now

UPDATE: 4th and 7th going back to NYR

Kypreos saying Mark Stone to Vegas almost a done deal

CBJ now only has a 3rd, a 7th, and another conditional 7th in this draft. Like do you even keep scouting at this point?

Laughed pretty hard at this. I imagine they try and get some picks back in the off season for negotiating rights or something. Can't imagine they get a lot though 

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I kinda like the Sharks and CBJ for the cup finals this year. Both all in and stacked at D and G... and now they've both added forward depth

I'm just hoping Tampa crashes and burn so I'm fine with that

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I kinda like the Sharks and CBJ for the cup finals this year. Both all in and stacked at D and G... and now they've both added forward depth

I wouldn't mind it. It's nice to see new teams win the cup imo. (at least when the wings have no shot) 

4 minutes ago, amato said:

Laughed pretty hard at this. I imagine they try and get some picks back in the off season for negotiating rights or something. Can't imagine they get a lot though 

It's funny because they're going to lose their two biggest stars in Bob and Breadman this offseason (just like when Duchene arrived in Ottawa and they proceeded to lose Hoffman and Karlsson) and then they will tank hard after wasting a full draft year.

Duchene is the horseman of the apocalypse. Never trade for Matt Duchene. 

4 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

I'm just hoping Tampa crashes and burn so I'm fine with that

I assume Yzerman gets the ring still for this season, no? Would be a nice feather in his cap.

On the other hand I'd hate to see the Bolts win it next year, Stevies first time away from them and stuck with our dumpster fire.