• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

2019 Trade Deadline

Rate this topic

This was likely already mentioned, but early on in the coverage today.  The Brian Burke/Kypreos table were talking about the draft.

They suggested Hughes' lack of size is becoming an issue (he's getting banged up) and that Kakko is playing with men and holding up well.  Hughes is still the likely #1 but his lack of size and toughness is causing some to second guess, and Kakko is on the rise.

20 minutes ago, mackel said:

This was likely already mentioned, but early on in the coverage today.  The Brian Burke/Kypreos table were talking about the draft.

They suggested Hughes' lack of size is becoming an issue (he's getting banged up) and that Kakko is playing with men and holding up well.  Hughes is still the likely #1 but his lack of size and toughness is causing some to second guess, and Kakko is on the rise.

He's on a roll at the moment. I really think he's going to be a big deal. 

1 hour ago, mackel said:

Brian Burke and Nick Kypreos have concerns about a player because he's smallish and "lacks toughness"? Well, spank my ass and call me Charlie! I do believe I've seen everything now!

34 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Brian Burke and Nick Kypreos have concerns about a player because he's smallish and "lacks toughness"? Well, spank my ass and call me Charlie! I do believe I've seen everything now!

It was the consensus of the panel they were 2 of the 4 or 5.  They were making a legit point.

I can’t believe the money mark stone got , outside of Vegas that would be the equivalent of a 13 mill cap hit in Ottawa , that’s mcdavid money, I like stone but the fact he got it is pretty nonsensical 

nhl should look at doing something with the taxes, those markets will a,ways have an advantage 

17 minutes ago, mackel said:

It was the consensus of the panel they were 2 of the 4 or 5.  They were making a legit point.

I'm just saying it's the point I'd expect that panel to make. It's all so predictable. Canadian mainstream hockey media tends to be big on size and toughness and physicality and they have a vested interest in building up the Hughes-Kakko battle to be closer than it is. Drama --> More people paying attention to the draft --> More people paying attention to what talking heads say about the draft.

Kakko is a very, very good hockey player. Physically, he's probably the most NHL-ready player in this draft class. But Hughes is still universally regarded as the #1 guy in this draft class, and for good reason. He's played against everyone that he can legally play against -- including top college teams -- and he's dominated everyone. The size/injury thing is way overblowm, IMO.

Edited by Dabura