• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

2019 Trade Deadline

Rate this topic

6 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

This just in.  

"Columbus trades Panarin and Bobrovsky to Detroit for Howard, Daley, Abdelkader, plus the conditional 3rd round pick Detroit acquired earlier today from San Jose."  

Source - CNN

Totally believable coming from CNN.

8 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Ya hes earned it he came to the only team stupid enough to give him a ntc 

that insignificant pick might have turned into something , yes chances are no but you never know 

he can face the consequences of Europe, anyways just two more months of vanek

He asked for the NTC because he was tired of getting traded every TDL. Can't blame him for that. And Holland wasn't out of line to give it to him in this case. The return would have been insignificant anyway.

And sometimes making a small team sacrifice to benefit a player is not only the right thing to do, it gives the organization and its management a good reputation among the other players in the league. If you don't see the value in that, think about it.

Also, we aren't talking about objects or property here. We're talking about people. We should be glad that at least one GM hasn't forgotten that, even tho so many fans have.

3 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

He asked for the NTC because he was tired of getting traded every TDL. Can't blame him for that. And Holland wasn't out of line to give it to him in this case. The return would have been insignificant anyway.

And sometimes making a small team sacrifice to benefit a player is not only the right thing to do, it gives the organization and its management a good reputation among the other players in the league. If you don't see the value in that, think about it.

Also, we aren't talking about objects or property here. We're talking about people. We should be glad that at least one GM hasn't forgotten that, even tho so many fans have.

That only works when the player has given a lot to the org.  Vanek hasn't done squat.  His NTC is ridiculous.

19 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Nyquist and Jensen were groomed in our system for a LONG time.  The return for them should have been higher.

Being groomed in the system for a LONG time doesn't mean you deserve higher picks.....teams have to want said players enough to give up more for them.  They weren't valuable enough to get more than they got.

1 minute ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

That only works when the player has given a lot to the org.  Vanek hasn't done squat.  His NTC is ridiculous.

Someone like Kronwall doesnt get traded every year. Vanek was. Not his fault. Can't give a lot to any team under those circumstances. Are you saying that because he wasnt fortunate enough to play for one team his whole career, he doesnt deserve the same courtesy? I think he does.

I'll be curious to see how Stone fits in with Vegas.  He's going from one of the league's slowest systems to one of the league's fastest.  Plus his skating is his only real weakness.  May not be a home run right away.

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I look at it this way. If Kenny wanted to sign him, he had to give the NTC, or no deal. No one asks for an NTC on a one year deal on a non-playoff team unless they're tired of moving around or are planning to retire and don't want the playoff grind or care about the playoffs at all, strictly about the easy money. What would the return for Vanek be as a depth scorer? Last time Kenny traded him, he was playing really well and still only got a 3rd and McIllrath in return for him and a lower pick. This season he hasn't done much, wouldn't get anything that matters in return.

On 1/28/2019 at 3:48 PM, kipwinger said:

The Athletic did a piece on potential trade targets for the Islanders and mentioned Nyquist as the best fit for a rental.  The proposed return would be two 2nd rounders, or a 2nd rounder and a prospect.  So I propose...

To NYI: Gustav Nyquist

To DET: 2nd round pick, Devon Toews. 

Speaking of guys I was right about years ago, this guy. Devon Toews is such a stud. He's got to be one of the best defenders in the league. You cannot shake that guy in the offensive zone.

You heard it here first, Zegras is the new Marchand. He'll run is mouth and then hide behind refs/teammates and he'll never ever get what's coming to him. The fact that he's good will only make this more annoying. He's the next great heel in the NHL.

6 hours ago, kipwinger said:

You heard it here first, Zegras is the new Marchand. He'll run is mouth and then hide behind refs/teammates and he'll never ever get what's coming to him. The fact that he's good will only make this more annoying. He's the next great heel in the NHL.

Trevor Zegras is perfect for Anaheim.  C O C K sucker land.

8 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I would argue that Matthew Tkachuk is the next Marchand. He's much more abrasive. Zegras just runs his mouth a lot.

It's gonna be hilarious when the Islanders still don't make the playoffs and then lose Horvat for nothing in UFA.

Speaking of UFA, I also hope Yzerman stays away from offering Horvat any long-term deal. 

Edited by marcaractac

2 hours ago, marcaractac said:

It's gonna be hilarious when the Islanders still don't make the playoffs and then lose Horvat for nothing in UFA.

Speaking of UFA, I also hope Yzerman stays away from offering Horvat any long-term deal. 

Depends on what his workout habits are. Essentially you'd be getting him from ages 28-34 if you have him a max 7 year deal. Is he a Jordan Staal type guy that can play on your 3rd line, provide leadership, and still give you solid production down lineup at 34? I honestly don't know, but I do know that good teams have guys like that on their roster. Depends on his fitness level I guess. As far as the money goes, the league is growing again, so I don't see any reason why the cap won't continue to go up every year or two. Meaning, in a few years, the 8.5 (or whatever he signs for) won't be a big part of your cap.

What I really really want to avoid is a Buffalo type situation where they burnt their whole organization to the ground in order to tank for McDavid and then realized that later that they had to go out and find good veteran player to teach their stud prospects how to actually play in the NHL. Edmonton had this same problem and never did learn. Best players in the draft year after year and they still get beat by less talented teams. Detroit is in a position where they can invest in the future AND the present at the same time and not be totally screwed for it. If I'm SY I'm doing everything I can to lock down a top flight center prospect at the draft this year, and then surrounding the core of Seider, Edvinsson, Raymond, Berggren, Kasper,Wallinder, and Rasmussen and the new 1C with guys like Larkin, Horvat, Chiarot, Perron (or whomever) so that they're learning from veteran guys on the ice just as much as they're learning from the coaching staff. You have to have both.

2 hours ago, marcaractac said:

Whipped out my crystal ball

Horvat and Larkin will both go to UFA. Larkin wants to stay but is still demanding a 9x8. Citing face of the franchise BS that SY doesnt care about.

So SY inks Horvat to an 8x7 and pulls his offer from Larkin. 

Larkin is unable to find any team willing to offer him 9 mil so he ends up signing with CBJ 8.5x7 (a worse deal than SY had offered) 

Despite making less AAV Horvat turns out to be the more productive player. And SY wins again.