• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Euro_Twins

Sergei Bobrovsky

Rate this topic

If it was domestic, DUI, grand theft auto etc.  reporters would have the mugshot easily by now. I am going with voodoo rituals in the locker room to keep his mojo. The Blue Jackets were tired of the complaining by the cleaning crew of the chicken blood.

Or maybe a Pete Rose thing where he placed bets on the Jackets?

Soo I am super curious...

6 hours ago, kliq said:

This is a weird story....I’m curious what happened here.

He finally went on godaddy.com to realize it’s a trap. Then went on to choke Tortorella out of rage. Had nothing to do with tortorella but everything to do with godaddy.com’s marketing scheme. Nothing but a tease.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nhl/news/columbus-blue-jackets-sergei-bobrovsky-nashville-predators-internal-matter-incident-nhl-news/1sbe20q8kcla11xsd8ewssyk8p

Blue Jackets goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky, who GM Jarmo Kekalainen said wasn't available for Thursday's game against the Predators due to an "internal matter," said Friday that Tuesday's loss to the Lightning triggered the incident that led to his sitting out Columbus' next game.

“Tuesday night against Tampa was a tough loss for everybody, so … it was emotional. We might play them in the playoffs. I let my emotions get to me when I shouldn’t,” Bobrovsky told reporters in what The Athletic described as a statement. “We had a meeting with the team. I’ve been always … I pride myself to be a good teammate all the time, wherever I’ve played and whomever I’ve played. I addressed that to the team. It is what it is. What has happened has happened. We cleaned the air and we’re ready to move on."

Kekalainen said on Thursday that "an incident occurred" in which the 30-year-old goaltender failed to meet the team's expectations, though details of the incident are unclear. Bobrovsky was pulled during Columbus' 4-0 loss to the Lightning on Tuesday, and he had an exchange with coach John Tortorella before exiting. Tortorella refused on Friday to talk about Bobrovsky

Bobrovsky said he has no issues with the fiery Tortorella and when asked if he planned to finish the season with the Blue Jackets, Bobrovsky said: "I am here, and I will play here. I will do my best as I have done for this team, for this organization, for these fans, for this city. I’ve been working hard, and I will continue to do that.”

Kekalainen on Thursday said the goalie failed to meet team expectations.

"There are certain expectations and values that we have established for our players that define our culture," Kekalainen said Thursday in a press release. "An incident occurred in which Sergei failed to meet those expectations and values, so we made the decision that he would not be with the team for tonight's game."

"This is an internal matter and we will have no further comment at this time." 

Sounds like he was just acting like a goalie to me....

1 hour ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Has any player ever got along with Tortorella?  This guy has been around many teams and always acts like a buffoon.  Always the center of attention.  He won a Cup 15 years ago.  Big deal.  I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team.  

Pretty sure this nothing to do with Torts, he was simply being asked because he’s the coach and the guy that would comment on lineup for upcoming game 

14 hours ago, Dabura said:

Sounds like he flipped out on his coach and/or teammates after a tough loss.

Being a goalie. lol It happens. Doesn't seem like he has a history of it or anything.

8 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Has any player ever got along with Tortorella?  This guy has been around many teams and always acts like a buffoon.  Always the center of attention.  He won a Cup 15 years ago.  Big deal.  I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team.  

Yeah, he's a first class ****** that guy. 

I just noticed the interviewer asked Bob if he was going to finish the season in Columbus. Haha, no dude, he's gonna bail on his contract and retire at age 30. Unless he was fishing for possible deadline trade rumours...

On 1/11/2019 at 4:28 PM, kickazz said:

He finally went on godaddy.com to realize it’s a trap. Then went on to choke Tortorella out of rage. Had nothing to do with tortorella but everything to do with godaddy.com’s marketing scheme. Nothing but a tease.

If you use godaddy as a platform you're beyond stupid, but I have no doubt you yourself were attracted to the name.... tell us more