• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jersey Wing

Rick Nash retires -- concussions just too much

Rate this topic

This is a bummer, Nash was always one of my favorite non-Wings.  Guy was an absolute force for a short period there and is exactly the kind of guy I always hope Mantha will model his game after.  Busted his ass every shift and was "physical" by virtue of being a physically dominant human being. Much has been made about how big guys are unfairly criticized for their effort because they're just so athletic that it looks easy.  Not a problem with Nash.  He never looked like he was coasting. At his peak he looked like the biggest, fastest, most skilled, guy on the ice.  Mostly because he was.

7 hours ago, kipwinger said:

This is a bummer, Nash was always one of my favorite non-Wings.  Guy was an absolute force for a short period there and is exactly the kind of guy I always hope Mantha will model his game after.  Busted his ass every shift and was "physical" by virtue of being a physically dominant human being. Much has been made about how big guys are unfairly criticized for their effort because they're just so athletic that it looks easy.  Not a problem with Nash.  He never looked like he was coasting. At his peak he looked like the biggest, fastest, most skilled, guy on the ice.  Mostly because he was.

I don't share your appreciation, but your post was really good.

3 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Was it really concussions? The timing makes Me think that its becuz he couldn't find a job

Back in the summer it was being reported that he had offers on the table, but didnt accept them because of lingering issues from his concussion. 

On 1/11/2019 at 12:39 PM, kliq said:

Sucks that he is not back to 100%, but I’m happy that he is retiring. Can’t help but think of Franzen and how he is struggling now. Franzen tried to comeback and just kept getting concussed again, I don’t want to see that happen to Nash.

Absolutely. I’d like to think the NHL can get ahead of this and be more honest and proactive than the NFL. Anyone here watched the documentary about the old 80s Bears players? Man...

3 hours ago, rwing said:

Absolutely. I’d like to think the NHL can get ahead of this and be more honest and proactive than the NFL. Anyone here watched the documentary about the old 80s Bears players? Man...

If you took a concussion, turned it into a human, and made it the defense attorney for the NHL in its ongoing concussion lawsuit it would still be more progressive on just about every health related issue than the NFL.  The NFL is like the Mountain Dew of sports leagues. 

Edited by kipwinger

18 hours ago, kipwinger said:

If you took a concussion, turned it into a human, and made it the defense attorney for the NHL in its ongoing concussion lawsuit it would still be more progressive on just about every health related issue than the NFL.  The NFL is like the Mountain Dew of sports leagues. 

Don't you be talking s*** on Mountain Dew!

20 hours ago, kipwinger said:

The NFL is highly caffeinated and popular among southern folk? Or maybe thats Dr. Pepper? Yeah. Mountain Dew is trailer park Dom Perignon. But I love it.