• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kickazz

1/12 Guys Gone Wild Edition - Red Wings @ Wild - 8:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, puckloo39 said:

I would say impossible.  It will take three of them acting as one unit to do that

If the Wings had a player like Fedorov and Datsyuk within a span of two decades then I'd say not impossible at all to get another one soon.  

1 minute ago, kickazz said:

If the Wings had a player like Fedorov and Datsyuk within a span of two decades then I'd say not impossible at all to get another one soon.  

it could happen, and I will hope you are right.. .I love this team, hate to see them struggle.  They came ready to play tonight...

8 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Points update:

• Bertuzzi (3G) - 13 goals and 25 points thru 45 games
  • Larkin (2A) - 18 goals and 43 points thru 47 games
  • Nyquist (2A) - 10 goals and 39 points thru 47 games
  • Hronek (2A) - 3 goals and 10 points thru 21 games
  • Green (1A) - 3 goals and 17 points thru 25 games

BERTTTTT

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

It's entirely possible that we'll end the season with two 30 goal players (Larkin, AA) and two 20 goal players (Mantha, Bert), and still be one of the worst teams in the league. 

D and goaltending would help. Cholo has taken big steps and Green and Howard have been good, but not much else to be happy about there.

17 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

It's entirely possible that we'll end the season with two 30 goal players (Larkin, AA) and two 20 goal players (Mantha, Bert), and still be one of the worst teams in the league. 

which means kids are growing AND we get a good draft pick to keep our recovery going.   Shore up the D and who knows what happens in 2020

I mean, we definitely need some addition via subtraction on the defense but I actually think our defense is better this year than last year (at least offensively) and our long term defensive situation is probably better than we give ourselves credit for. 

29 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Is that really all that impressive though? Isn't the league scoring up this year? Kings by far have one of the worst top end scoring 

Edited by kickazz

1 minute ago, kickazz said:

Is that really all that impressive though? Isn't the league scoring up this year? Kings by far have one of the worst top end scoring 

I don't know whether it's impressive or not.  We just haven't had a 30 goal scorer since 2009, and only two 20 goal guys last year.  We're getting a ton of scoring from the guys who need to be.  We just need more depth scoring (which is on the way) and some points from the defense (which is also on the way) and we might start looking like a real team.  Need a second line center though.

On 1/13/2019 at 1:04 AM, kipwinger said:

I don't know whether it's impressive or not.  We just haven't had a 30 goal scorer since 2009, and only two 20 goal guys last year.  We're getting a ton of scoring from the guys who need to be.  We just need more depth scoring (which is on the way) and some points from the defense (which is also on the way) and we might start looking like a real team.  Need a second line center though.

Edited by krsmith17