• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

1/18 Firefight GDT - Red Wings @ Flames - 9:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

This game deserves to go into OT. 

LETS GO WINGS! Forget the season standings, just win this battle and give us a little thrill for rooting for you pylons all season.

Don't let it turn into a 7-5 shootout, would've been my aim.

Perfect game!

- the guys that ultimately matter were gamers

- the guys that don't ultimately matter weren't

- no points means better draft odds means Larkin is that mush closer to getting some real, much needed, legit help up front hopefully

They just lost to the best WC team, and put up a great fight.

We just need to beat teams we should beat. The Flames aren't losing much.

It isn't just us, the Flames are doing this regularly to everyone.

Life sucks, get a helmet.

We've got a lot of good pieces to build on to create that environment.

Fug it, can't sleep.

Points update:

• Larkin (2G) - 20 goals and 47 points thru 49 games
  • Green (1G, 1A) - 4 goals and 19 points thru 27 games
  • Nyquist (2A) - 11 goals and 42 points thru 49 games
  • Bertuzzi (2A) - 13 goals and 27 points thru 47 games
1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Perfect game!

- the guys that ultimately matter were gamers

- the guys that don't ultimately matter weren't

- no points means better draft odds means Larkin is that mush closer to getting some real, much needed, legit help up front hopefully

Brain says good loss.
Heart says Y U DO DIS WINGS?

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

They just lost to the best WC team, and put up a great fight.

We just need to beat teams we should beat. The Flames aren't losing much.

It isn't just us, the Flames are doing this regularly to everyone.

Life sucks, get a helmet.

We've got a lot of good pieces to build on to create that environment.

Pretty much. Like I said earlier, this Wings team can play any team close but will rarely get the job done, which is just a function of where the team is at in the rebuilding process.

There's a fairly low ceiling over the team's collective head this season. While it sucks to see them continually bumping up against that ceiling, the very fact that this is a thing is actually very encouraging, as it means -- or, at least, gives us reason to believe -- the team is knocking on the door that leads back to relevance and the playoffs and all that good stuff.

Put another way, this doesn't feel like an Oilers situation, nor does it feel like the Wings are in danger of falling into that type of tar pit. IMO, the Oilers got too much too fast. Lots of high-end talent, no real foundation beneath it. Bad soil. Couldn't set down roots, couldn't grow. Over a decade later it seems like they're still in much the same boat.

I think the Wings are doing it right. All the talk about maintaining a winning culture? I think we're finding that that's actually pretty important. All the talk about The Process? I think we're finding that that's actually pretty important. All the talk about veteran leadership? I think we're finding that that's actually pretty important. All of this stuff matters and I feel it adds up to a team that really does just need a couple solid pieces to get itself over this hump it's been stuck on for a few years now.

Really appreciate your contributions tonight, conundrumed. I hope you stick around. :)

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

Pretty much. Like I said earlier, this Wings team can play any team close but will rarely get the job done, which is just a function of where the team is at in the rebuilding process.

There's a fairly low ceiling over the team's collective head this season. While it sucks to see them continually bumping up against that ceiling, the very fact that this is a thing is actually very encouraging, as it means -- or, at least, gives us reason to believe -- the team is knocking on the door that leads back to relevance and the playoffs and all that good stuff.

Put another way, this doesn't feel like an Oilers situation, nor does it feel like the Wings are in danger of falling into that type of tar pit. IMO, the Oilers got too much too fast. Lots of high-end talent, no real foundation beneath it. Bad soil. Couldn't set down roots, couldn't grow. Over a decade later it seems like they're still in much the same boat.

I think the Wings are doing it right. All the talk about maintaining a winning culture? I think we're finding that that's actually pretty important. All the talk about The Process? I think we're finding that that's actually pretty important. All the talk about veteran leadership? I think we're finding that that's actually pretty important. All of this stuff matters and I feel it adds up to a team that really does just need a couple solid pieces to get itself over this hump it's been stuck on for a few years now.

Really appreciate your contributions tonight, conundrumed. I hope you stick around. :)

The worst nightmare for city planners will be a Cup run in that corridor.

Lets make it work. lol

9 hours ago, MabusIncarnate said:

I'm kind of wondering if Larkin was running his mouth a bit too much to the refs and that penalty right there was telling him to knock it off. He's been chirping at the refs for half the game. 

That's what I expect of a Captain.  Sometimes you just have to tell them and sometimes you get a penalty from it.