• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

1/20 SUNDAY!!! SUNDAY!!! SUNDAY!!! GDT - Red Wings @ Canucks - 4:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, puckloo39 said:

Admittedly, I was a the world's biggest Hasek fan... he's the reason I became intrigued with hockey in the first place... never will see anything like him again.  But that said, the current goal-tending style is pretty danged boring, most of the time.  They are good technically or just plain huge, physically.  The skaters have all become much more skilled, and equipment has changed, so I will agree times have changed. 

Today's goalies simply are not very interesting.  I miss weirdo, crazy, unpredictable, koo-koo goalies, like Dom.  You never knew what was happening inside his head, but put him on the ice and you got a transformer-like machine who never failed to bring a crowd to its feet. That's rare now.... and when it does happen, the term for an other-worldly save is "hasek-like"  ;)

Agreed. Goalies used to be a different breed. Hextall, Potvin, Roy, Belfour...all unpredictable and prone to losing their s*** and throwing punches or chopping legs with their stick if you got too close.

1 minute ago, chaps80 said:

Agreed. Goalies used to be a different breed. Hextall, Potvin, Roy, Belfour...all unpredictable and prone to losing their s*** and throwing punches or chopping legs with their stick if you got too close.

I loved them... even Waaahhhh... he was a jerk, but heck of a goalie. 

2 minutes ago, puckloo39 said:

I loved them... even Waaahhhh... he was a jerk, but heck of a goalie. 

He was a great goalie. The cause of a few playoff disappointments. but chasing him in Game 7 of the WCF in '02 was great payback. Can't forget his statue of liberty move in Game 6 either..so sweet.

Bernier almost got roasted there...s*** that Petterson kid is FAST.

12 minutes ago, Dabura said:

It's kinda nice seeing him a little more energized and animated. It's almost like a weight's been lifted off his shoulders. I've noticed it every time I've seen him talk this season.

Maybe Kenny's excited for he has sumthin 'brewing' (and I don't mean coffee).