• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

1/20 SUNDAY!!! SUNDAY!!! SUNDAY!!! GDT - Red Wings @ Canucks - 4:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

6 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

Why does this team hate having a lead?

I think it's a talent problem and a psychological complex, and the two kind of compound each other. If you hold a lead in the 3rd, the other team's going to push, which means more ice time for their best players, which means...bad things.

52 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

30th place. 1 pt up on La LA Land with the extra game played. 

If I was allowed to post images it would be Mr Burns doing his best "excellent!"

Now trade those assets and lock this tank downnnnnn

plus we own the ROW on our competition for 31st 

need LA and others to go on a little run give us some breathing room

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

If I was allowed to post images it would be Mr Burns doing his best "excellent!"

Or just play Bernier as our #1.  We could even start calling him The Tank, I think this could totally be a thing

2 hours ago, TLGTrico said:

30th in the league isn't a good place to be.  The teams that finished 29th and 30th have dropped at least 2 spots in the draft order 3 years in a row.

31st guarantees no worse than 4th overall though...

16 hours ago, 13dangledangle said:

Or just play Bernier as our #1.  We could even start calling him The Tank, I think this could totally be a thing

See 1: trade those assets (below)

See 2: Howard, James R.

See 3: just play Bernier as our #1

18 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I was at the game yesterday. There is times in the first 2 periods where I'm watching and can't for the life of me figure out why we are so bad. Then I looked at the scoreboard after 2 and realized we had 30 shots on net, carried the play and had 2 goals. They had us right where they wanted us because we can't put a team away and we cant hold a lead on the road and poooof. We end up losing. 

Blashill is terrible. During the TV time out he doesn't say a thing. Kronwall, Nielsen, Larkin do all the talking. That says a lot to me. 

Kronwall, Green and Hronek were our best 3 d. The other 3 are just filling space. Ericcson, DK and Jensen are 3rd pairing d men. 

Top 6 on forward possessed the puck well but too much passing. It was painful. AA is basically playing 4th line minutes and going forward it does nothing for his development. 

Last thought : The western conference is a dumpster fire. The Canucks are bad and they are in a playoff spot. 

7 minutes ago, puckbags said:

I was at the game yesterday. There is times in the first 2 periods where I'm watching and can't for the life of me figure out why we are so bad. Then I looked at the scoreboard after 2 and realized we had 30 shots on net, carried the play and had 2 goals. They had us right where they wanted us because we can't put a team away and we cant hold a lead on the road and poooof. We end up losing. 

Blashill is terrible. During the TV time out he doesn't say a thing. Kronwall, Nielsen, Larkin do all the talking. That says a lot to me. 

Kronwall, Green and Hronek were our best 3 d. The other 3 are just filling space. Ericcson, DK and Jensen are 3rd pairing d men. 

Top 6 on forward possessed the puck well but too much passing. It was painful. AA is basically playing 4th line minutes and going forward it does nothing for his development. 

Last thought : The western conference is a dumpster fire. The Canucks are bad and they are in a playoff spot. 

It's all part of his elaborate plan to tank. 

8 hours ago, puckbags said:

Want to know why are 2 goal a game offense looks dead?  AA at 11 minutes.  I like Larkin as much as the next guy, but 25 minutes for Larkin and 11 for AA is dumb.

6 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Want to know why are 2 goal a game offense looks dead?  AA at 11 minutes.  I like Larkin as much as the next guy, but 25 minutes for Larkin and 11 for AA is dumb.

It's because Larkin is a 1st line center and Athanasiou is a 3rd line winger. 

15 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Because giving AA more minutes turns our 3 GAA team into a 4 GAA team.

Ha ha ha.  Another unfounded knock on AA.  Larkin is a minus 6 and minus 32 during his career.  

I'm not saying AA should be getting Larkins minutes.  Larkin is a great player.  I'm saying that AA needs to play more if we are going to score more.

10 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Ha ha ha.  Another unfounded knock on AA.  Larkin is a minus 6 and minus 32 during his career.  

I'm not saying AA should be getting Larkins minutes.  Larkin is a great player.  I'm saying that AA needs to play more if we are going to score more.

AAs 11 minutes "generously" reflected his play vs Calgary. He's lucky his wasn't watching the VAN game with Cholowski in the Cleary Cabana.