• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
AtlantaHotWings

Just for fun where are we at the All Star break

Rate this topic

Decided to see how we were doing and built a spreadsheet...yeah early morning conf calls are a drag.

So I go by who ever has played the most games of the bottom 8. Then pull everyone up to that and those games in hand are calculated as wins. 

Then I sorted by points then ROW. 

image.png.7de46259b0945e7762360f708ca971d2.png  

Not super science and I know the games in hand aren't always going to be a win.

Just figured I would put this out there and have a little fun with as we count down the season. 

But the good news if there can be good news in this. Is that IF everyone loses their games in hand we are still 31st with the lowest ROW. 

image.png.c7f3f3eb6f08b661beaf20ba1fe37d33.png

So those games in October meant a lot ...in the old days it meant points now it's about good draft picks.

Edited by AtlantaHotWings
extra add of images

oops my edit from last night's win didn't save. 

Thanks Toby for the catch with everyone winning games in hand we have the best odds dependent on how to sort out the tie with Sh*tago. 

image.png.2011f92aebedefb89825c9d6d7d2e81c.png

with no one winning their games in hand

image.png.002b2830edf0c1bd18b98eb6dcff6582.png

We lose a lot of potential % of getting number 1. I think I am becoming a fan of 7 other teams to win a lot in the next couple of months!!!

6 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Gotta trade Howard and go full tank with Bernier.

Should, but Holland wants too much for Jimmy, again, by the sounds of it. Hasn't he already said that he doubts he'll get what he wants for him, and would rather re-sign? First rounder or bust? Jimmy has been solid this season, and we all know Holland LOVES him some Jimmy, but if he get's offered anything decent, he has to let him go. I swear iv'e never seen a GM spin so many reasons to hang onto a goalie who's never really brought him any success like Holland does with Howard. He is replaceable.

1 minute ago, chaps80 said:

Should, but Holland wants too much for Jimmy, again, by the sounds of it. Hasn't he already said that he doubts he'll get what he wants for him, and would rather re-sign? First rounder or bust? Jimmy has been solid this season, and we all know Holland LOVES him some Jimmy, but if he get's offered anything decent, he has to let him go. I swear iv'e never seen a GM spin so many reasons to hang onto a goalie who's never really brought him any success like Holland does with Howard. He is replaceable.

If Holland got a third for Mrazek he should be able to get three 1st rounders for Jimmy. If he can't, don't trade him and sign him to a 4 x 6 extension. Worth every penny. 

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

If Holland got a third for Mrazek he should be able to get three 1st rounders for Jimmy. If he can't, don't trade him and sign him to a 4 x 6 extension. Worth every penny. 

Howard would fetch a second, at best. Unless a team suffers an injury and is desperate for a veteran goalie heading into the playoffs. He might get a first then. I have no issue with Howard sticking around, but Holland has always overvalued him, even when he was trying actively to trade him a few seasons ago. With Bernier still around for another two seasons at $3 million, giving Howard $6 million a season until retirement is too much. Reasonable deal, or find someone else to fill the gap. 

Howard would fetch a second, at best. Unless a team suffers an injury and is desperate for a veteran goalie heading into the playoffs. He might get a first then. I have no issue with Howard sticking around, but Holland has always overvalued him, even when he was trying actively to trade him a few seasons ago. With Bernier still around for another two seasons at $3 million, giving Howard $6 million a season until retirement is too much. Reasonable deal, or find someone else to fill the gap. 

3 firsts or GTFO!

All in for tank.

Nah. You'd make the trade because you have an anti-Howard-pro-PMraz bias. It undermines all of your opinions on Red Wings goalies, their worth to the club, and value on the open market. It's really the only reason I'm back and forth with you on this. 

Just now, The 91 of Ryans said:

Nah. You'd make the trade because you have an anti-Howard-pro-PMraz bias. It undermines all of your opinions on Red Wings goalies, their worth to the club, and value on the open market. It's really the only reason I'm back and forth with you on this. 

Nah, I don't care what Mrazek does anymore. He plays in Carolina. I give Howard his due when deserved, always have. I know you were joking about Howard being worth three firsts (hopefully you were). Holland has said he doesn't think he'll even get one. My opinion isn't undermined. Bernier is having a s***ty year, most can agree on that. Howard has been solid, most can agree on that. I'm just not one of those fans that thinks Howard is irreplaceable and should be held onto by all means unless it's top return, and if he is held onto, throw 6 million a season for a few years at him. Holland overvalues him, always has. When Mrazek stole his job and he was on the trade block, Holland kept saying no one wanted him. Either because he was asking too much and his contract still had years left on it, or Holland didn't want to trade him at all. Probably a bit of both. Everytime trading Howard comes up, it's always "first rounder". Other teams won't be giving a first for him, unless desperate. He's a solid goalie, but he has plenty of similar company across the league. He's never won a Cup, never been past the second round. Never won any individual awards like a Vezina that would elevate his status either. He's just not special...

aah the articles about the pending trade deadline

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/25769640/nhl-trade-deadline-preview-possible-moves-watch-all-31-teams

this cracked me up...

"Gustav Nyquist is chief among them. The winger has been the second-best forward on the team this season, not coincidentally in a contract year. He has a no-trade clause -- it's Ken Holland, so of course he does -- that could gum up the works for a trade, but there would be a market for him."

and ..

"It wouldn't be an NHL trade deadline if Thomas Vanek wasn't at least mentioned. The 35-year-old winger, who has played for five teams since 2016, is a free agent this summer. He also has a no-trade clause -- again, it's Ken Holland, so of course he does."

which one of you wrote this article!!!

2 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/25769640/nhl-trade-deadline-preview-possible-moves-watch-all-31-teams

this cracked me up...

"Gustav Nyquist is chief among them. The winger has been the second-best forward on the team this season, not coincidentally in a contract year. He has a no-trade clause -- it's Ken Holland, so of course he does -- that could gum up the works for a trade, but there would be a market for him."

and ..

"It wouldn't be an NHL trade deadline if Thomas Vanek wasn't at least mentioned. The 35-year-old winger, who has played for five teams since 2016, is a free agent this summer. He also has a no-trade clause -- again, it's Ken Holland, so of course he does."

I knew Greg Wyshynski has his finger prints on this article before I even clicked the link. Guy has always had a hate on for the Wings.

Even this quote seems smug and gives zero credit to Holland

Let's hope that someone comes to Ken Holland with the kind of overcompensation that Vegas gave them to rent Tomas Tatar. Otherwise, it's "Lose for Hughes" and hope to make a splash in the summer.

In summary, f*** that hack writer. 

19 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

this cracked me up...

and ..

Vanek probably wouldn't waive it, unless he was going to an absolute top contender. Only reason to have an NTC on a one year deal is because you really don't want to be moved. He knew he was signing with a non-playoff team, easy pay. Basically, he's gettin too old for this s***.

Why does everyone act like Holland just gives out NTC/NMC like candy on Halloween? It's part of negotiating a contract. He doesn't just give them away. They are asked for by the player usually in exchange for a shorter team deal or a lower salary,  which benefits the team. Can we stop acting like Holland is Santa Clause?

56 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Why does everyone act like Holland just gives out NTC/NMC like candy on Halloween? It's part of negotiating a contract. He doesn't just give them away. They are asked for by the player usually in exchange for a shorter team deal or a lower salary,  which benefits the team. Can we stop acting like Holland is Santa Clause?

and Santa Kenny reaches into his bag and it's a NMC for you !!!

a NTC for you....

5x8 for you!!

LOL  @ the image of Kenny in a Santa suit giving out contracts like presents...

On 1/28/2019 at 9:44 PM, kylee said:

Only Holland would give a 34 year old Vanek a NMC lol

Well, that fact that he is 34 and has been a well traveled journeyman, the NTC is probably the one of the big negotiation pieces Kenny played in us getting him back.  IMO...34 years old and three kids, probably tired of moving from team-to-team and likely really not wanting to be moved to a team far out West (e.g. LA, Vancouver) and be that far away from his family (I think he lives in MN).  Short term deal to provide some veteran leadership and above average contribution to a young/rebuilding team, this wasn't absurd for Kenny to do.

The Vanek contract could have been worse. It could have been a multi-year contract. I understand why Holland may have had to attach a NTC to get him to sign here, I just don't get why he had to get him to sign here... Vanek is way past his prime, and has very little left in the tank. Sure, he's a veteran, but he's not exactly the type of veteran that we should want the kids to learn from. He's far from the type that does it right every shift, every night. Basically, he's lazy and he sucks...

I get the reasoning behind giving out NTC's, most of the time... However, I don't think it's necessary to give almost every player one that is eligible to get one. In my opinion, Vanek shouldn't have one. Abdelkader, Helm, Ericsson, DeKeyser and Daley shouldn't have one. I can understand why Nielsen and Green were given one. Kronwall and Nyquist, sure. Detroit has the most NTC/NMC in the league at 10. It's funny though that the only team with as many, is Tampa, and most Red Wings fans want Holland replaced by Yzerman...

Holland is great at a lot of things. Hiring the right people and allowing those people to do their job, without too much interference, he's good. Drafting and developing, very good. Negotiating RFA contracts, one of the best in the business. Negotiating UFA contracts on the other hand, one of the worst in my opinion...