• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

2/10 Maelstrom GDT - Red Wings @ Blackhawks - 3:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, F.Michael said:

What a bunch of stick poking Nancy Boys...That pathetic performance deserves the 1st pick.

We won't get it.  Bettman will not permit it... whatever it takes.  We might get Kakko.  Or nothing worth shouting about.

37 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Devils are about to win. That would put us in 30th place.

Everyone above us has a game in hand AND is currently from 1 to 4 points ahead of us so even if they lose we are behind them!!

Ottawa has a game in hand and if they win it goes to ROW and we are 31!! 

We have a really good shot at getting another GREAT piece for the rebuild. I am firing up my enthusiasm for the stretch run after the trade deadline. 

1 minute ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Everyone above us has a game in hand AND is currently from 1 to 4 points ahead of us so even if they lose we are behind them!!

We have a really good shot at getting another GREAT piece for the rebuild. I am firing up my enthusiasm for the stretch run after the trade deadline. 

I’m finally on the tank train. It’s weird. I still want to win. But I want to be 3st, and I really want Hughes. I’m open and ready for the rest of this season to be painful for the best chance. 

Thoughts:

- Teams have caught on to the fact that we willingly forfeit the top half of our zone in exchange for being in better position to clog the high-danger areas, and now they're figuring out how to exploit it. This is three straight games now where the opposition deliberately and continually backed us in with fast, aggressive dagger-thrust entries into our zone (made possible because our defensemen are generally afraid to keep a tight gap between the blue lines, because half of them can't skate and they don't want to get burned in neutral ice) and then got the puck to the late man who -- wait for it -- found himself all alone in the high slot.

- Cholowski is -20 on the season and he isn't putting up points and he isn't generating anything on the power play. Rough.

- AA is doing everything but score. He's scoring at will, minus the scoring part. Frustrating, but he's playing really well overall and I hope he sticks with it and doesn't start cheating for offense and playing like a poo brain.

- I'm glad we didn't sign Mantha to a long-term deal.

- Our transition game struggled enormously today, mostly because most of our first and second passes were crap. Defensemen hitting players in full stride with a clean, crisp tape-to-tape pass is simply not something this Wings team does, at least not with any regularity. That's on the passers as much as it's on the intended receivers. Drag the puck to our blue line --> wait for all the forwards to slow down and stand at the opposition blue line --> pass it into someone's skates or hit him with a pass and watch him pass-tip/dump it into the zone (because everyone's literally standing still at the blue line and so there's no skating momentum with which to enter the zone). Sad!

- So. Many. Turnovers.

1393611541160.jpeg

- We have positional needs. These holes include but are not limited to 2C and 1D. But let's not sleep on the fact that no one on this team is a high-percentage shooter, the kind of sniper who you can count on to help your team outscore your mistakes. When you as a team are averaging about two goals a night, there's no room for error and it's both demoralizing and paralyzing. (I've played on teams with this problem. It's miserable.) That's why we drafted Zadina and that's why having a damn good shot at landing a guy like Hughes or Kakko is so important.

3 minutes ago, kylee said:

Trust me, I’ve been to many Habs/Wings games to experience enough of the insufferable Habs fans and Ole! and everything else but...win one for Tatar! 

Let's meet in the middle: Habs crash out of the playoff race and trade Tatar to the Stars and the Stars go on to win the Cup. I would be ok with that.

1 hour ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

1 hour ago, gcom007 said:

I’m finally on the tank train. It’s weird. I still want to win. But I want to be 3st, and I really want Hughes. I’m open and ready for the rest of this season to be painful for the best chance. 

1 hour ago, kjw25 said:

Abby to Toronto for their 1st round pick 

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Wouldn't it have been less effort to just answer the question?

You wanted: "It's like a Norwegian whirlpool or something. Also, there was an Epcot ride. You should probably just hit up Google, cuz learning is fun and stuff."

You got: [proper info dump that gives you all the info you could possibly want and need, and all I had to do was grab some URLs].

So, extra 80 seconds of effort on my part --> much more thorough answer for the person who asked me what a maelstrom is.

This is why the Red Wings pay me the big bucks.

Edited by Dabura

4 hours ago, Dabura said:

Thoughts:

- Teams have caught on to the fact that we willingly forfeit the top half of our zone in exchange for being in better position to clog the high-danger areas, and now they're figuring out how to exploit it. This is three straight games now where the opposition deliberately and continually backed us in with fast, aggressive dagger-thrust entries into our zone (made possible because our defensemen are generally afraid to keep a tight gap between the blue lines, because half of them can't skate and they don't want to get burned in neutral ice) and then got the puck to the late man who -- wait for it -- found himself all alone in the high slot.

- Cholowski is -20 on the season and he isn't putting up points and he isn't generating anything on the power play. Rough.

- AA is doing everything but score. He's scoring at will, minus the scoring part. Frustrating, but he's playing really well overall and I hope he sticks with it and doesn't start cheating for offense and playing like a poo brain.

- I'm glad we didn't sign Mantha to a long-term deal.

- Our transition game struggled enormously today, mostly because most of our first and second passes were crap. Defensemen hitting players in full stride with a clean, crisp tape-to-tape pass is simply not something this Wings team does, at least not with any regularity. That's on the passers as much as it's on the intended receivers. Drag the puck to our blue line --> wait for all the forwards to slow down and stand at the opposition blue line --> pass it into someone's skates or hit him with a pass and watch him pass-tip/dump it into the zone (because everyone's literally standing still at the blue line and so there's no skating momentum with which to enter the zone). Sad!

- So. Many. Turnovers.

1393611541160.jpeg

- We have positional needs. These holes include but are not limited to 2C and 1D. But let's not sleep on the fact that no one on this team is a high-percentage shooter, the kind of sniper who you can count on to help your team outscore your mistakes. When you as a team are averaging about two goals a night, there's no room for error and it's both demoralizing and paralyzing. (I've played on teams with this problem. It's miserable.) That's why we drafted Zadina and that's why having a damn good shot at landing a guy like Hughes or Kakko is so important.

I didn't catch the entire game, but from what I did see this team really misses Larkin, and Bertuzzi.

So many sloppy plays/passes/and general indifferent play (in particular Mantha, and Vanek who btw looks like he's a scared child when the puck comes near him - waiting to see the urine stream down his socks).

7 hours ago, F.Michael said:

I didn't catch the entire game, but from what I did see this team really misses Larkin, and Bertuzzi.

So many sloppy plays/passes/and general indifferent play (in particular Mantha, and Vanek who btw looks like he's a scared child when the puck comes near him - waiting to see the urine stream down his socks).

Larkin's actually been back for a few games now. (Only missed the Ottawa game.) He registered two assists against Vegas and scored our only goal against Buffalo, so, from a production standpoint, he's still getting the job done. However, it did seem to me like he ran hot and cold in each the past two games, oscillating between being noticeable and...kind of invisible, honestly. The fact that you watched some of yesterday's game and didn't notice he was playing sort of confirms it... :huh2:

It didn't help that we faced a couple of hungry wildcard-chasing teams in their buildings. Specifically, having last change allowed the Sabres and 'hawks to exploit our serious lack of scoring depth in the matchups game. Contain Larkin and you contain the Wings.

Mantha...is frustrating. Vanek...is frustrating.