• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

2/17 Sisyphean GDT - Flyers @ Red Wings - 6:00 PM ET (NBCSN)

Rate this topic

End of 2nd. Tied at 1.

This is a pretty good game.

2 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

Are the Wings actually not falling apart in the second period?

Nothing makes sense anymore.

3 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

25 oz bottle of Chimay, now finishing q gingerale and gin.  

The Wings have that effect on people, yes.

I don't care what color Detroit's favorite pizza family wants to paint the seats.  You could tell midway through the 3rd period that half the seats visible on the screen were black.  I doubt people were shooting pool at the recreational room or enjoying the new bathroom facilities at that stage of the game.  

This team has become largely irrelevant to Detroit the last three seasons.  The only way to awake the fans is a regime change.

Edited by GMRwings1983

44 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

I don't care what color Detroit's favorite pizza family wants to paint the seats.  You could tell midway through the 3rd period that half the seats visible on the screen were black.  I doubt people were shooting pool at the recreational room or enjoying the new bathroom facilities at that stage of the game.  

This team has become largely irrelevant to Detroit the last three seasons.  The only way to awake the fans is a regime change.

Ticket prices are way to high for the product on the ice.

12 minutes ago, HadThomasVokounOnFortSt said:

Is it them or the arena?

The organization is the problem.  Not the fans.  The arena having a bunch of amenities is just an excuse to avoid talking about why people really aren't in the seats.  Because the team sucks and the ticket prices are too high.  The painting of the seats still irks me.  If I were a drunken employee, I'd mark each black seat with a red X.  That would make it more visible on the TV that nobody is sitting there.  

1 hour ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Bring in Yzerman and the ticket sales will increase. Fans don't give a s*** about Holland anymore; like I said he's old news/stale presence now. Longest GM tenure and last 10 years without a cup under him has people turned off completely. He's just 1 part of the many changes that are needed. Fans need jolt of excitement. Big trades this summer, GM named Yzerman, and the return of Datsyuk. Guarantee you people will come wearing Datsyuk and Yzerman jerseys. To be honest though I wouldn't re-sign Dats unless it was only for a couple million though. 

Edited by kickazz

4 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Bring in Yzerman and the ticket sales will increase. Fans don't give a s*** about Holland anymore; like I said he's old news/stale presence now. Longest GM tenure and last 10 years without a cup under him has people turned off completely. He's just 1 part of the many changes that are needed. Fans need jolt of excitement. Big trades this summer, GM named Yzerman, and the return of Datsyuk. Guarantee you people will come wearing Datsyuk and Yzerman jerseys. 

Datsyuk is too old.  This is already the oldest team in the league.  May as well bring back Red Kelly.

1 minute ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Datsyuk is too old.  This is already the oldest team in the league.  May as well bring back Red Kelly.

Look at my edit, I'd bring him in for couple million as a 3rd line center or something. Cheap 1 year deal. He'll get fans excited for sure. 

The city needs to become Hockeytown again. It's currently Hipster town at best. 

Edited by kickazz

5 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Look at my edit, I'd bring him in for couple million as a 3rd line center or something. Cheap 1 year deal. He'll get fans excited for sure. 

The city needs to become Hockeytown again. It's currently Hipster town at best. 

I honestly don't see why either he or the organization would make that move.  He wouldn't come back for a cheap deal and the organization doesn't need to be signing 41 year olds.  Bringing Yzerman in would definitely ignite the fans.  Some decent free agent acquisitions as well.  

Oh and firing Blashill as well, though I don't believe he should go before Holland does.

Edited by GMRwings1983